Season 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Guys,
I enjoy your ideas but really none of these ideas are feasible..... eg, Albury Tigers to the VFL comp. Just not feasible cost wise/ travel wise and would be lucky to make the top 8 in the VFL comp.
Wagga Tigers, well they wouldn't beat Wodonga or the Raiders this season..... Riverina football league standard is nowhere near the O&M .Is not even as good as the Murray league, and maybe a bit higher standard then the Hume League.
As for Cobram, your kidding, even if they combined with Barooga..... by the way, the Murray league comp is a beauty this year with some 6 clubs in the mix to make the grand final.
The only club to get( back) into the O&M comp is Benalla,whom are strong contenders for the flag this year in the strong GVFL comp.

Admittedly after really battling for a number of years

Guys,
I enjoy your ideas but really none of these ideas are feasible..... eg, Albury Tigers to the VFL comp. Just not feasible cost wise/ travel wise and would be lucky to make the top 8 in the VFL comp.
Wagga Tigers, well they wouldn't beat Wodonga or the Raiders this season..... Riverina football league standard is nowhere near the O&M .Is not even as good as the Murray league, and maybe a bit higher standard then the Hume League.
As for Cobram, your kidding, even if they combined with Barooga..... by the way, the Murray league comp is a beauty this year with some 6 clubs in the mix to make the grand final.
The only club to get( back) into the O&M comp is Benalla,whom are strong contenders for the flag this year in the strong GVFL comp.

numerous clubs in many leagues have had drop to a lower standard comp ,or combine with another close by club, and some clubs have folded, but that's been going on for 60 years. So is the status quo today. There is all this controversy within every comp. There will always be a dominant club/clubs for some years and bottom of the ladder clubs the same. but the cycle turns , ,,,,, have a look at any league over the past 10/15 years even and see the ups and downs of the clubs results.

Well I watched Albury V Raiders game. It was like grown man playing boys. Even The Baby Tigers looked huge. I saw some interesting things. Firstly a couple of the Raider players spewed after coming out at half time. Must have seen the score board. Linbach is very handy and so is Giles. Keep these as book ends. Albury looked to have the hand brake on and didn't celebrate to much. O"Helphin is huge and is a huge key for them. O'Hara just goes about it . Lock in the medal for him. But word is he was told premiership medal ahead of league . Crowd was very low but more Albury supporters then Raiders. Unless they stayed in the rooms. Number 30 for raiders was scared to kick. Didn't take it when told by crowd he couldn't get a kick. Might watch the big one this weekend. Raiders will take two years to climb back up.

Well I watched Albury V Raiders game. It was like grown man playing boys. Even The Baby Tigers looked huge. I saw some interesting things. Firstly a couple of the Raider players spewed after coming out at half time. Must have seen the score board. Linbach is very handy and so is Giles. Keep these as book ends. Albury looked to have the hand brake on and didn't celebrate to much. O"Helphin is huge and is a huge key for them. O'Hara just goes about it . Lock in the medal for him. But word is he was told premiership medal ahead of league . Crowd was very low but more Albury supporters then Raiders. Unless they stayed in the rooms. Number 30 for raiders was scared to kick. Didn't take it when told by crowd he couldn't get a kick. Might watch the big one this weekend. Raiders will take two years to climb back up.

What made you think on Saturday that Limbach is very handy. I know he has kicked a few goals this year but he didn't kick one on the weekend.

What made you think on Saturday that Limbach is very handy. I know he has kicked a few goals this year but he didn't kick one on the weekend.
He played up the ground a bit. Due to lack of size in the rucks. . If the ball get's delivered to him he's got good hands. Pretty good kick. As for the weekend there was only one goal kicker so probably not a good day to see that side of him.
Also heard Super Nan stirred them up abit about witcheshats. Well it looks like they come in yellow and green now.

Last edited:
He played up the ground a bit. Due to lack of size in the rucks. . If the ball get's delivered to him he's got good hands. Pretty good kick. As for the weekend there was only one goal kicker so probably not a good day to see that side of him.
Also heard Super Nan stirred them up abit about witcheshats. Well it looks like they come in yellow and green now.
Come on saying north were witches on Saty is abit harsh.they went down there with key injuries, they were right up Yarras clacka at half time then they didn't have a bench for the last half. Atleast they still had a go. It's a shame about banks he's very important to them.

Come on saying north were witches on Saty is abit harsh.they went down there with key injuries, they were right up Yarras clacka at half time then they didn't have a bench for the last half. Atleast they still had a go. It's a shame about banks he's very important to them.
*hats

Just poking some fun Frank. You should check out what Raiders players have said about Supernan. It's a good read. North have done pretty well this season. I do wonder why the NT guys only stayed for alittle bit. Hopefully they will return next season. Raiders and Wodonga have to improve alot. Otherwise it will be a long way up. Corowa and even Mytrleford have slowly improved .

watched Giles v lavi. did a good job on prior and like a good f.b , looked to enjoy the encounter. Not sure prior did.
One team to worry re next year - Magies. Still reliant on judd porter and co. Need some serious new support to climb ladder.
Also night footy at Wang - think Magies will host the early game v rovers , and the Anzac day game v myrtle. obvious games to play sat night v rovers , and Anzac evening v myrtle. Have as asset , use it

Have it on good authority that Albury will be watching the Yarra vs Lavy game with a keen eye. They were at full tilt against Lavington and were beaten - a few weeks back. Not a done deal by any stretch of the imagination. The loss of Barnes might be key for Yarra's chances. This weekend will tell if it is a 2 or 3 horse race. Any thoughts?

Have it on good authority that Albury will be watching the Yarra vs Lavy game with a keen eye. They were at full tilt against Lavington and were beaten - a few weeks back. Not a done deal by any stretch of the imagination. The loss of Barnes might be key for Yarra's chances. This weekend will tell if it is a 2 or 3 horse race. Any thoughts?

Heard a little whisper that a few of Yarrawonga ' s superstars are already in talks with a club from the tallangatta league. Can any confirm or deny this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely it will be to Wahgunyah with Nic O'bryan?
Also heard Albury have put an extremely large offer to Jarrah Maskaymow? I really hope this one isnt true!!

What a round,,, Myrtleford belted the Rovers, Hoppers knocked off Corowa, and Yarra beat Lavy in a close one.Yarra still so dangerous hey.... cant write them off.

What a round,,, Myrtleford belted the Rovers, Hoppers knocked off Corowa, and Yarra beat Lavy in a close one.Yarra still so dangerous hey.... cant write them off.

Cooper is a key. Only played one game between mid May and late July but has been BOG in the last two games and 2nd best the week before that.

Did anyone see the incident between Ednie and Kossie, and if so what are your thoughts? Will he be suspended

He definitely threw them. Might come down to opposition evidence though because the video probably didn't catch it. Lucky too because a few others would be nervous. Lavi's attitude towards it all could be interesting because they will most likely play Yarra again in a couple of weeks and it goes without saying that having Ednie out would be a huge bonus for them.

He definitely threw them. Might come down to opposition evidence though because the video probably didn't catch it. Lucky too because a few others would be nervous. Lavi's attitude towards it all could be interesting because they will most likely play Yarra again in a couple of weeks and it goes without saying that having Ednie out would be a huge bonus for them.
From what I hear he's in trouble bit hel cop 1 and be back for finals cause he's craig ednie

Umpire was standing about 5m metres away as the punches were thrown so I don't think video evidence will be required. 1 week set penalty I think.

Jake Bourke wrote in the paper that Ednie was "sent from the ground after landing one flush on the face" of Kosi. Not exactly doing Yarra any favours there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back