Season 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Congratulations to Mark Cronin and his board stand up to these players, they sign contracts and just walk out because of money.Not good enough any more if we want to stamp out this kind of behavior clubs must make a stand and refuse clearances and stay true the their belief.

I think 'offering top dollar to players and then not being able to pay it' should be stamped out first. Have they even been paid yet? North are lucky these blokes haven't taken them to court.

I think 'offering top dollar to players and then not being able to pay it' should be stamped out first. Have they even been paid yet? North are lucky these blokes haven't taken them to court.

I wouldn't think the players would take them to court as they are probably not paying tax on the earnings or declaring the income from football.

I think you will find they have been paid.
What a good idea lets all take each other to court and start suing one another a great way to play footy it is getting way out of hand and now you talk about litigation who would want to run a footy club.

What a good idea lets all take each other to court and start suing one another a great way to play footy it is getting way out of hand and now you talk about litigation who would want to run a footy club.

I sure you will all spot it soon enough but NOP, who often gets very good mail in these matters has posted it is rumored that Brandon Ryan has joined Chiltern in the TDFL. If it is the case, and with NOP typing it I reckon it would be on the money, North Albury are stuff and it looks like they get to play hard ball and have court cases with another disgruntled (non paid) Ex-Employee.

I sure you will all spot it soon enough but NOP, who often gets very good mail in these matters has posted it is rumored that Brandon Ryan has joined Chiltern in the TDFL. If it is the case, and with NOP typing it I reckon it would be on the money, North Albury are stuff and it looks like they get to play hard ball and have court cases with another disgruntled (non paid) Ex-Employee.
Hasn't the great messiah paid out for last year?

If I recall correctly , a few years ago the various country stars at WRFNC played as amateurs ( some genuine OMFL stars e.g R Walker ) to support a club in crisis at that time. The club ( supporters & sponsors) that had provided them with a very helpful 2nd income for a number of years. Something for a few NAFNC players to ponder.
Maybe the southern 5 clubs have an advantage that way , 4 one club towns , and one a very parochial two. Pretty hard to walk out and live in town.
It is the obvious interest of all clubs not to have a very weak club (or two) , with gate receipts and food/beverage sales. No point going to the grove to watch yarra 35.22 beat n.a 1.2 ? Fev or no Fev.
Of interest - WRFNC appear to be spending a bit too? Big sponsor? "show me the money?"

I think there is a clause in the vcfl rules in regards to outstanding payments and future contracts. I believe there is a date that a previous years contractual obligations need to be honoured or any future contact signed before this date can be made void.
I could be wrong. If I'm not North may not have a leg to stand on.
Will wait to see how this plays out.

The only way a clearance can be refused is: Player owes money, Player has Club property, or player is under contract. If player is under contract, the only hope of the player breaking that contract is if there has been a breach of the contract by the club. Failing to honour consideration (i.e not paying a player) could constitute breach of that contract, however it will depend on what the contract said in relation to payment.
I don't think there is any date in the VCFL Rules regarding a particular date NOP, there is a section on the standard playing contract saying "Manner & Dates for payment" which is filled in as part of the contract. If the contract said "payment by 31/12/2013" and that was not honoured, then it would be construed as a breach. I doubt that it will have a date in there, as most players wouldn't insist on seeing it, and clubs wouldn't put it in unless they had to. If it was blank, it would probably come down to what a fair & reasonable person would consider to be an appropriate time frame for payment for a football season. If that is the case, all North would have to do is to pay him and I think he would be no hope of escaping the contract. The last option is if the current club lets him out of the contract, which North may if they receive incentive to do so. It will be very interesting.

Brandon Ryan has not signed at Chiltern.
McDonald to Jindera (not cheap)
Any Word on Leslie? or any other departures?

I think you will find the Ovens & Murray players actually get taxed rather heavily.

In regards to time of player payments, does everyone think it is reasonable that players get paid in Feb? 5-6 Months after the season finished.

It will be interesting to see which of the North players have not been paid yet?

Most clubs would have players psi by the end if October. I think that is reasonable Feb is way to late

Brandon Ryan has not signed at Chiltern.
McDonald to Jindera (not cheap)
Any Word on Leslie? or any other departures?

I think you will find the Ovens & Murray players actually get taxed rather heavily.

In regards to time of player payments, does everyone think it is reasonable that players get paid in Feb? 5-6 Months after the season finished.

It will be interesting to see which of the North players have not been paid yet?
Dan Leslie trained with North on Monday night.
If memory serves me, Adam Prior had a year to run on his contract at Raiders when he signed at East Perth, he then had a year to run on that contract when he signed a 2 year deal with North. He's been there for one and signs with Lavy. There's a pattern there.

Most clubs would have players psi by the end if October. I think that is reasonable Feb is way to late
Do you blokes really think that Nth are the only ones who haven't paid all their players yet PLEASE have a re think there would quite a few more O/M clubs who would still be paying

Who would they be. Myrtelford may be one but I haven't heard of any clubs not paying their players except for north

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure north players get there money this week. We speak of loyalty,how do we know that Leslie and co haven't turned down huge coin to stay at hopper land over the years. Let's face it all these blokes would warrant at least a 1000 a game which in my case is a lot of money , so if there is uncertainty in getting paid I'm pretty sure you would have to look at other options. Unfortunately players now rely heavily on match payments and treat footy as a second job, so I'm pretty sure none of us would work for nothing. The ones that speak of match payments and loyalty aren't normally the ones that have to sacrifice around 18 to 20 grand a year to stay at a club. When rovers players played for nothing clubs budgets wouldn't of been a quarter of what they are now.

A lot of people on here want to dig the boot in. How about we let the club do there thing and give the new committee time to get things right.there not the first club to be in this position and won't be the last.
As far as the Adam Prior situation goes the blokes attempting to get out of he's third contract. I'm pretty sure u find there is no date of payment most contracts arent like that unless he's asked for it to be included.and I'm assuming the man's been paid.youd hope so on Norths part.

I think u find lavington having to compensate north Albury the most likely scenario. Let's hope it's resolved quickly for everyone's sake.

Have you see many players contracts lately. Most have paid by date so players know when they will get paid. Stops them having to ask for it

Prior should know what he's doing by now. Not the first contract he's tried to get out of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In regards to paid players on contracts.
Because football is seasonal & not full time the contracts won't stand up in court.
That's coming from a Lawyer

In regards to paid players on contracts.
Because football is seasonal & not full time the contracts won't stand up in court.
That's coming from a Lawyer

That lawyer is wrong then. That would suggest there are no contracts for anything other than full time work, and would be no short-term contracts for anything. ( I do agree that most contracts won't stand up in court incidentally, but not for that reason. Mostly they are executed incorrectly)

has there been any more word on jordan doering to yarrawonga?? It popped up on one here a few weeks ago and just want to know if it has been confirmed that he signed? Heard his name linked to a couple of clubs.

Well Nth Albury mite be down but they are not out.Reading on here where guys think players mite be going from nth is just that speculation.What's happening at nth is nothing new to football every club in the league has been through it at least once.To the players that are at nth this is the year that is going to test what sort of character you guy's are made of, you can either stand up for the club in it's time of need or take the easy way out. Money has stuffed the comp clubs are paying players to much money ,district leagues are doing the same making it hard for the O.M. CLUBS to recruit them in. Regarding D.Leslie i think he will stay at nth, as club captain this is the time the players need him to lead by example like he does on the ground.If money is the only thing that is keeping players there[not just nth] then we have really lost the plot what country footy is about.

Well Nth Albury mite be down but they are not out.Reading on here where guys think players mite be going from nth is just that speculation.What's happening at nth is nothing new to football every club in the league has been through it at least once.To the players that are at nth this is the year that is going to test what sort of character you guy's are made of, you can either stand up for the club in it's time of need or take the easy way out. Money has stuffed the comp clubs are paying players to much money ,district leagues are doing the same making it hard for the O.M. CLUBS to recruit them in. Regarding D.Leslie i think he will stay at nth, as club captain this is the time the players need him to lead by example like he does on the ground.If money is the only thing that is keeping players there[not just nth] then we have really lost the plot what country footy is about.
Well said Chopper 69 :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back