Season 2015..

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow, So Perhaps its not a certain Lavy Albury grand final afterall...

Great win By the Raiders basically securing the double chance today....
When they pull North's pants down a few weeks back, i stated that they will do real damage come finals time, and with every game that they play, new players becoming used to playing together they will only improve, it pains me to say it, but i think they can make it all the way to the big dance, can they win? time will tell.

Played well by all reports today, but I would imagine they will face a significantly stronger Lavy side in the finals...
But you can only beat who they have on the park on the day...

Any news on Stevo from Lavy?

He's off to Melbourne today. Has a fractured C6 and C7 vertebrae. Season over and possibly career ending I'd think.

As someone who was 20-25m from the incident. I can't understand how the umpires only paid a free kick. Stevo had his head down to pick up the ball and Macca chooses to drop the hip into him.

As a footy club we are furious about the incident and the way it was handled.

He's off to Melbourne today. Has a fractured C6 and C7 vertebrae. Season over and possibly career ending I'd think.

As someone who was 20-25m from the incident. I can't understand how the umpires only paid a free kick. Stevo had his head down to pick up the ball and Macca chooses to drop the hip into him.

As a footy club we are furious about the incident and the way it was handled.
That's terrible news, particularly for such a likeable bloke. Maybe the tribunal should end the career of Macca as well?

1830 in the first quarter.
After watching the incident it's obviously nasty. Really glad Stevo will be ok, the bloke has had no luck. I don't think Matt Mcdonald intended to do what he did. He was also going for the ball. He will cop a holiday no doubt. One of those ones. Like I said main thing is that Stevo is going to be ok. As for the game. Lavi down on troops. Undoubtedly their most important player sitting in the box. No bench after half time. I wouldn't be to worried if I were a Lavington fan.

Pender, garlo, sully, tommy H and sakes all missing from Saturday, would be hoping to get at least two games into Pender before finals, hasnt played much this year....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harsh, you kidding me. What's harsh is Stevo will probably never play again you flog. You stick to sitting on the fence, and I hope Macca is riddled with guilt over this.

Which i am sure he is and don't come on Big footy hiding behind a name and a keyboard you gutless flog and sling s**t about a bloke you know stuff all about.

I've only seen the incident on video, but to me it looks like there was no malice in it. Just two blokes going hard at the ball, then when a collision was inevitable one bloke went into survival mode. While the result was pretty brutal it would be a shame if Macca gets any more then two weeks.
A shame to see a great player go out in this fashion but it would be worse to see physicality taken out of our great game.

Box!!!
I know plenty about Matt, and have known him for a long time.
Piss weak what he did.

So you believe Matt would have deliberately tried to hurt Kade. If so you dont know Matt very well at all. I also think you'll find Matt would have a lot of respect for Kade having played footy with or against for a long period of time. I have no doubt Matt would feel gutted about the outcome.
Ill correct that. He is gutted and struggling with it

Last edited:
So you believe Matt would have deliberately tried to hurt Kade. If so you dont know Matt very well at all. I also think you'll find Matt would have a lot of respect for Kade having played footy with or against for a long period of time. I have no doubt Matt would feel gutted about the outcome.

Waxy sounds like a disgruntled North fan. Lol

My view is, Mcdonald hit Stevens with front on contact, he didn't brace at all. (Looks like he does in normal speed) slow it down its a lot more clear, Stevens is also off balance which is the possibly the major factor cause resulting in injury.
I'd be disappointed if he received weeks because everyone knows "Macca" is not a dog. Has a solid reputation with no bad history.
BUT I think he will cop a couple weeks, the 'MRP' will try & make an example of it, which will come back to bite the on the arse

I don't know Matt McDonald personally but everyone says there is not one chance that he would intentionally hurt someone like this. To me the video looks like he couldn't get out of the way of a player that was coming at him fast. Hopefully for his sake Lavington recognise that this was an accident. I think the fact that the player hurt was Kade Stevens makes everyone a bit more emotional about it as everyone loves him.

Harsh, you kidding me. What's harsh is Stevo will probably never play again you flog. You stick to sitting on the fence, and I hope Macca is riddled with guil
Harsh, you kidding me. What's harsh is Stevo will probably never play again you flog. You stick to sitting on the fence, and I hope Macca is riddled with guilt over this.

Name Calling very mature of you...

Sitting on the fence am I ? As someone who has known Duke since he was five years, im pretty sure my allegiances lay with and him and Lavington, I just see it as what it is, a terrible accident...

Thankfully he will be ok

Waxy sounds like a disgruntled North fan. Lol

My view is, Mcdonald hit Stevens with front on contact, he didn't brace at all. (Looks like he does in normal speed) slow it down its a lot more clear, Stevens is also off balance which is the possibly the major factor cause resulting in injury.
I'd be disappointed if he received weeks because everyone knows "Macca" is not a dog. Has a solid reputation with no bad history.
BUT I think he will cop a couple weeks, the 'MRP' will try & make an example of it, which will come back to bite the on the arse
Definitely not a disgruntled north fan old waxy. If he was he would know that Matt Mcdonald is not a dirty player. One of those incidents he was going flat out at the footy really how was he going to avoid contact? This happens every week in footy just doesn't always end up with people hurt like Stevo. Hey one week at a time arnt you a Lavington supporter? Haha

Yes Mate, very much so.
And to think i actually respected your opinion! But to be serious, having seen it normally and slowed down, don't believe the intent was to injure, kade, moving at speed stumbled just at the wrong time, macca turned in self preservation and i believe rightly or wrongly, the fact that he didn't continue on through after impact suggests to me that he may have tried to pull up right at impact. Just my opinion. Terribly hard to watch though, as i've been there, and never played again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back