Season 2015..

Remove this Banner Ad

And to think i actually respected your opinion! But to be serious, having seen it normally and slowed down, don't believe the intent was to injure, kade, moving at speed stumbled just at the wrong time, macca turned in self preservation and i believe rightly or wrongly, the fact that he didn't continue on through after impact suggests to me that he may have tried to pull up right at impact. Just my opinion. Terribly hard to watch though, as i've been there, and never played again.

agree. spoke to macca yesterday he is absolutely gutted by the outcome. Having played footy with an against him you know he is not a dirty player just goes in hard. This was a freak accident and should be seen as such.

Has anyone heard anything more about Elliott Powell lining up for Dederang last week. It seems like he just goes about his business and lines up for Albury tomorrow as if nothing happened. Proves how much of a joke the O&M is when it comes to Albury. If it was a player from another club I bet there would have been a harsh punishment dealt out. The Dederang coach even said he thought no one would find out. Proving that Powell blatantly did the wrong thing with everyone's knowledge.

Has anyone heard anything more about Elliott Powell lining up for Dederang last week. It seems like he just goes about his business and lines up for Albury tomorrow as if nothing happened. Proves how much of a joke the O&M is when it comes to Albury. If it was a player from another club I bet there would have been a harsh punishment dealt out. The Dederang coach even said he thought no one would find out. Proving that Powell blatantly did the wrong thing with everyone's knowledge.

Not an o and m issue. Dmb will cop their whack from the VCFL, then its up to albury to issue any punishment to him. Being a young bloke and the circumstances i guess they have done it in house.

Not an o and m issue. Dmb will cop their whack from the VCFL, then its up to albury to issue any punishment to him. Being a young bloke and the circumstances i guess they have done it in house.
I understand and agree with your statement but my frustration lies in the fact that in a sense he goes from playing in the top side in O&M seniors to the worst side in TDFL 2s probably aware that despite being wrong nobody was going to be affected by any punishment. Dederangs low ladder position make losing any points irrelevant and Albury pick him 7 days later. The O&M remain silent.

The finals were given a real shake up on the weekend by all reports. Lavi hitting their peak at the right time can only be good for our chances of seeing a good game of footy come gf day.
Sounds like Yarra are in a world of pain with big sauce Symes breaking down with what is more then likely a season ender. Also Dwyer going off early has to be a huge concern.

The finals were given a real shake up on the weekend by all reports. Lavi hitting their peak at the right time can only be good for our chances of seeing a good game of footy come gf day.
Sounds like Yarra are in a world of pain with big sauce Symes breaking down with what is more then likely a season ender. Also Dwyer going off early has to be a huge concern.

Does anyone have any mail as to what condition Fev is in?

Had a jog and a kick with players before the match Saturday according to the border. Said to have a game before finals start.
Daine Porters report has been thrown out, good to see Schutty make one decent decision for the week.

Good to see Wodonga have started there recruiting early with signing Brett Doswell for next year he is 31 but still plays very good football at Holbrook and will be a very handy acquisition, also there 2nds are on top with a very young side and there 3rds are 2nd which is great for the future of the club hopefully they can hang onto there core group and all there talented kids and maybe land a big fish or 2 and keep pushing towards playing finals football next year its been 6 years so would be good to see them back in September action in 2016

A sign of the equalization having a positive effect already. Clubs looking at getting back past players instead of throwing cash at an out of towner. Well done bulldogs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't look like we will get a real indication of Yarra until elimination final. No Cooper, Symes, Dwyer & Fevola against Albury. Wouldn't think you could really judge them on this weekends result.

But I think you can judge them on the fact, they have lost to north albury twice, raiders, Lavington twice and most likely Albury twice.... I believe a lot would need to change for Yarra to be a genuine threat this year...

I see the border has confirmed Polo, O'hara and O'hailpin ×2 have resigned for next year. So with the salary cap of 250 k that comes in with the equalization, my math has the club struggling to scratch up enough room in the cap to pay all the other players a happy meal after each game! Surely they will be the first to get done for breaking the rules.

I see the border has confirmed Polo, O'hara and O'hailpin ×2 have resigned for next year. So with the salary cap of 250 k that comes in with the equalization, my math has the club struggling to scratch up enough room in the cap to pay all the other players a happy meal after each game! Surely they will be the first to get done for breaking the rules.

Are the O&M going with a salary cap?

LAST I HEARD WAS THE FOLLOWING QUOTE FROM THE GM ? MAY 2015

Ovens and Murray league general manager Aaron McGlynn said the points system, which allocated a points value to players based on their playing history and rewarded junior development and retention, was “even more in depth” than he had expected.
But McGlynn said more consultation would be required with clubs to determine an appropriate salary cap figure, and more thorough consideration was required before making a decision on whether to introduce the cap next year.
“We need to ... trial with the points system at least first and see what impact that will have,” he said.

Im sure i saw an AFLNE document suggesting a 250k cap for O&M and GV clubs. This may have been only a suggestion and non yet set in stone. Salary caps are a nightmare to enforce, but surely Albury could atleast pretend to be trying to stay within the rules

Im sure i saw an AFLNE document suggesting a 250k cap for O&M and GV clubs. This may have been only a suggestion and non yet set in stone. Salary caps are a nightmare to enforce, but surely Albury could atleast pretend to be trying to stay within the rules
NOT SURE WE WILL EVER GET A SALARY CAP LET ALONE 250K- A NIGHTMARE WILL BE A POINTS SYSTEM BUT AT LEAST A START IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION
SEEMS TO HELP IN THE HUME LEAGUE BUT NOT THE SILVER BULLET MANY EXPECT -IT WILL TAKE TIME REFINE AND CLUBS WILL PUSH THE LIMITS WITH ALL SORTS OF READINGS OF IT

How will a $250k salary cap help the clubs. I would hate to be trying to earn that sort of money each season to pay players. How the hell do clubs raise enough money to survive each year.

Its not good at all. And the fact that Alburys still got those blokes (180k between them depending on who you hear from) says it still wont pull them into line.

Its hard to actualy know without being in a position of power at a club. But if you believe the rumours/speculation theres two clubs comfortably over this year, another giving it a nudge. Plus one reportably 400k in the red so they have splashed abit about in the last few years.

so finals are only a week or so away, apart from lavington are any of the other top 5 sides capable of causing a boilover and 1. making it to the grand final and 2. knocking off the tigers
also while we are on it who are the morris medal fancies you would expect to see the usual suspects up around the mark in

Mackie
hyde
polo
o,hara
x leslie
but who of the other teams could rake in the votes any surprise packets?

so finals are only a week or so away, apart from lavington are any of the other top 5 sides capable of causing a boilover and 1. making it to the grand final and 2. knocking off the tigers
also while we are on it who are the morris medal fancies you would expect to see the usual suspects up around the mark in

Mackie
hyde
polo
o,hara
x leslie
but who of the other teams could rake in the votes any surprise packets?
I think Lavington can win it. Penda returned on the weekend and they have performed well recently with Saker and Kosi out as well.
Murray from Raiders, Kelly from Wang and Seiter from Dogs are all smokeys for the medal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back