Official Match Thread Season 35, Round 8: West Coast Wonders vs Sin City Swamprats at The Colosseum

Remove this Banner Ad

May 13, 2015
Spotswood Campus
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
🐍Ophidian Old Boys🐍
wonds v rats.jpg
West Coast Wonders (11th Place)
The Wonders have shown plenty of promise at times this season, but have failed to capitalize on leads and fallen short at the end of the fourth quarter. damicky and Frothies Mcveigh have little hope of dragging their side into the top 8 this season while players fail to put in four quarters of effort on the qooty field. A lack of qoal scorers is at the heart of what is really hurting the Wonders and has even resulted in their ruck Croweater being the clubs second highest qooty scorers with 9 qoals. Now when a clubs second best qoal scorer is a ruck you know they are in serious trouble. The Wonders Full Forward Frothies Mcveigh is trying but struggles to make an impact on the scoreboard every week due to the lack of clean qooty being delivered to the qoal square.

4737361220ea17823368913a528a4f25.gif

Sin City Swamprats (12th Place)
philreich will be desperately looking for his experienced players to step up this week and salvage something from this season with a win against the Wonders. GremioPower (598 DT) should have his pay doubled as he is undoubtable the key player of this side and the only reason the Swamprats are not bottom of the ladder. okeydoke7 (29 qoals) is the only other player who looks likes like his trying hard, even if it is for personal gain only. Players like KinderSmock Dominic03 Grav and spookism are serviceable but need players around them to give them more support and share the load. There is a lot to like about the Swamprats and equally a lot not to, looking back I think they will feel like they dropped the qooty and let this season slip away far too easily.

Matchup of the Game
: BallaratBulldog v okeydoke7
Swamprats Full Forward okeydoke7 is all about reaching 1000 qoals so he can boost his CV and regale everyone with how good he is. The Wonders Full Back BallaratBulldog will need to put his collar and lead on Okeydoke7 and shut him down quick if the Wonders have any chance of stopping the scoreboard getting away from them. If the Wonders win this battle, they can win the game.

Who will Win?
Swamprats have won 23 games out of the last 41 games played against the Wonders, including a win last time they meet. okeydoke7 is closing in on 1000 qoals and will be desperate to take advantage of playing a bottom four team by kicking a bag of qoals. West Coast Wonders has struggled to play four quarters all year, so Sin City Swamprats on the back of Okeydoke7 ego should win this comfortably in the end.

Tip: Back Swamprats to Cover the Line (-16.5 Points) @ $1.90

(Please gamble responsible)​

I'm confused I don't play ruck and I have a 41 on the end of my name and I am a better goal kicker than Okey doke so it should come as no surprise I am second at the Wonders this season.

Seriously Wonder how the club is coping with the different disguises Grand Uncle Horace has gone through lately, not sure if
it’s gender dyspphoria or not, but must have his teammates second guessing. 0D2AC51C-4D7A-4ED3-84A3-F8B50A8B7916.png

9308D2B3-289A-458E-8C01-C5B46F24E54E.gif

6E61B4D0-5876-4172-831C-2F2DB0A9C61E.jpeg

39258DDC-88B3-4F41-9454-7E32FA87BBCD.gif

is this?? Obviously raided a philreich poster album

CFF9279D-5C4A-4944-AC9A-56D47BE6EA65.jpeg

Seriously Wonder how the club is coping with the different disguises Grand Uncle Horace has gone through lately, not sure if
it’s gender dyspphoria or not, but must have his teammates second guessing. View attachment 1628690

View attachment 1628692

View attachment 1628693

View attachment 1628695

is this?? Obviously raided a philreich poster album

Great work! Think I may have read the Idriess novel at some stage!

Happily, for me at least and that is all that matters, my identity is totally secure. And so it should given I’ve possessed the same identity for millennia.

I am looking forward to a fun week with the Swampies ahead of a resounding win at our home.

As a bonus I will provide an old Roman recipe at some stage in the week.

Loving the fact that the OP has written our season off - finals have been reached in past seasons from positions such as ours, and a win this week will only enhance that optimism.
Even if there's more chance of Vladimir Putin winning a Nobel Peace prize, it ain't over 'til it's over.

Even if there's more chance of Vladimir Putin winning a Nobel Peace prize, it ain't over 'til it's over.
It ain't over until the Warriors win a flag - actually can I retract that?????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice to be playing the PRATTS. Former Wonders player and now Hall of Famer, Ant Bear is there as is Kennedy Parker who generously acted as Patron of the Festival of the Wonders. Thanks again Clod.

I spose there is interest in how okeydoke7 fares this week. He is up against BallaratBulldog so expect philreich may move him to a pocket to save face.

Looking forward also to watching how spookism performs at his old Club after a long exile at the Royals.

Nice to be playing the PRATTS. Former Wonders player and now Hall of Famer, Ant Bear is there as is Kennedy Parker who generously acted as Patron of the Festival of the Wonders. Thanks again Clod.

I spose there is interest in how okeydoke7 fares this week. He is up against BallaratBulldog so expect philreich may move him to a pocket to save face.

Looking forward also to watching how spookism performs at his old Club after a long exile at the Royals.
I would estimate that there's more chance of DemonJim winning a Mobbs Medal, than there is of okeydoke7 being moved to a pocket this week :).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back