Official Match Thread Season 35 Second Preliminary Final: West Coast Wonders vs Coney Island Warriors at The Colosseum

Remove this Banner Ad

1686392696575-png.1709175

Way back in R7 PhenomenalV1 did the OPs for the Royals vs the OOBs and the Wazzas vs the Wonders.

Official Match Thread - Season 35, Round 7: Coney Island Warriors vs West Coast Wonders at Van Cortlandt Park

Fast forward to the prelims and these exact teams will play off for a spot in the big dance. Lets get in the Sweet time machine and go....

1686393986464.jpeg

Under cloudy skies, it was 7th (Warriors) v 11th (Wonders) - who could have known back then that these two teams would meet again in the penultimate game of the season? The Bears were top of the ladder at this point - unlike the Las Vegas lads, at least the Rats and Demons were crap all season: we didn't bother to tease our fans at any point of the season.

The game started pretty even, with the Warriors holding a slender 2 point lead at quarter time.

The Warriors started to get away in the second quarter, booting 4 goals to 2, to go into the main break with a handy 14 point lead.

It was more of the same in the third - 4 goals to 3 in favour of the Warriors, allowing them to enjoy a 22 point lead at the final change.

The final quarter was a goalfest, with both teams booting 6 majors, and the Warriors strolled to a comfortable 25 point victory. No doubt they'll be hoping for a similar result this week. spudmaster (31 possessions, 11 marks and a goal) and FootyGuy13 (21 possessions, 11 marks and 4 goals) were the stars of the show - can they lead their team to the premiership decider next week?

Fast forward to the finals. How did both teams get here?

Warriors

The Warriors started their finals campaign with a heartbreaking 4 point loss to the Royals, with grumbleguts slotting the winner in the final minute. pantskyle was wonderful in the ruck, amassing 15 hit outs, 22 possessions and 2 goals, but it wasn't quite enough.

The Warriors then conceded the first 4 goals to the Bombers in the semi final, and thoughts must have surfaced that a straight sets exodus was imminent. But they rallied, and by 3/4 time they had put their noses in front. And a 6 goal to 3 final quarter ensured that their season would continue for at least another week.

Wonders

The Wonders won their way directly into the preliminary final with a comfortable win over the Furies, although their final quarter was a bit of a non event - they only scored a solitary point, with the Furies piling on 5 goals to make a game of it. Frothies Mcveigh would want to do a bit better in front of the big sticks next Sunday, after booting 4 goals 7 in the qualifying final.

Team changes - I can't imagine that damicky or Tonga Bob will make too many (if any) changes for the second biggest game of the season - I guess time will tell.

Final word to the opposition

Tonga Bob

Hi everyone, it’s BigFooty’s Tonga Bob here. philreich & Dingster had this great idea about an OP for the preliminary finals where they get the captains to write them. Like we haven’t got enough to do with leading teams to premiership glory. Bloody well lift you two! You could have asked me to write the sim for the game. Anyhoo, I’m a man of the people so here’s some words…

There’s this qooty franchise in Sweet that calls itself West Coast. They may have had some success a million years ago, but like their foopy namesakes that success is tainted. Drugs, preferential treatment, the fact that there were four teams in the league or just being flogs - take your pick.

They have two people sharing the captaincy stuff which is just the biggest copout in the history of copouts. Pick one captain and stick with them, but I guess it’s better than abstaining though. One of them is a piece of cheese that’s so nauseating that he even gives people that aren’t lactose intolerant the sh*ts. The other one is a bloke who to his credit tried to start up the Warriors back in the day. He failed though and gave up on trying again, leaving Frankston Rover to do the heavy lifting. They also have among their team the following online ‘personalities’: a 3000 year old pile of anthropomorphic dust, a faux tough guy that drinks his own piss, another faux tough guy that probably doesn’t drink his own piss but might idk, a tennis player, a former Warrior, old mate Clakkas, another dozen or so people that are so beige they could be the same poster, and Clarke.

When they’re not playing another team, they have these ‘festivals’. Festivals are meant to be joyous occasions, and the only joy that comes from the Festival of the Wonders is that no other team have to play them that week. Blessed be!

So that’s the West Coast franchise, the soy pumpkin spiced latte of the SFA. Hopefully that fits the brief that you provided phil, now can you please give me my dog back?

FootyGuy13

Look, all I'm going to say is that if the Wonders run on the field half as much as ClarkeM runs his mouth, they might be in with a chance.

damicky

I have evidence to prove that Tonga Bob is not actually from Tonga.

Mobbs also told me that Coney Island isn’t even an island.

Frothies Mcveigh

I don’t want to give up my source but I’ve got it on good authority that TheInjuryFactory checks underneath his bed for damicky each night, not the boogeyman.

Captains or someone from the LG get your team sheets in by Thursday 11:59 Vic bias time

1686392696575-png.1709175

Way back in R7 PhenomenalV1 did the OPs for the Royals vs the OOBs and the Wazzas vs the Wonders.

Official Match Thread - Season 35, Round 7: Coney Island Warriors vs West Coast Wonders at Van Cortlandt Park

Fast forward to the prelims and these exact teams will play off for a spot in the big dance. Lets get in the Sweet time machine and go....

1686393986464.jpeg

Under cloudy skies, it was 7th (Warriors) v 11th (Wonders) - who could have known back then that these two teams would meet again in the penultimate game of the season? The Bears were top of the ladder at this point - unlike the Las Vegas lads, at least the Rats and Demons were crap all season: we didn't bother to tease our fans at any point of the season.

The game started pretty even, with the Warriors holding a slender 2 point lead at quarter time.

The Warriors started to get away in the second quarter, booting 4 goals to 2, to go into the main break with a handy 14 point lead.

It was more of the same in the third - 4 goals to 3 in favour of the Warriors, allowing them to enjoy a 22 point lead at the final change.

The final quarter was a goalfest, with both teams booting 6 majors, and the Warriors strolled to a comfortable 25 point victory. No doubt they'll be hoping for a similar result this week. spudmaster (31 possessions, 11 marks and a goal) and FootyGuy13 (21 possessions, 11 marks and 4 goals) were the stars of the show - can they lead their team to the premiership decider next week?

Fast forward to the finals. How did both teams get here?

Warriors

The Warriors started their finals campaign with a heartbreaking 4 point loss to the Royals, with grumbleguts slotting the winner in the final minute. pantskyle was wonderful in the ruck, amassing 15 hit outs, 22 possessions and 2 goals, but it wasn't quite enough.

The Warriors then conceded the first 4 goals to the Bombers in the semi final, and thoughts must have surfaced that a straight sets exodus was imminent. But they rallied, and by 3/4 time they had put their noses in front. And a 6 goal to 3 final quarter ensured that their season would continue for at least another week.

Wonders

The Wonders won their way directly into the preliminary final with a comfortable win over the Furies, although their final quarter was a bit of a non event - they only scored a solitary point, with the Furies piling on 5 goals to make a game of it. Frothies Mcveigh would want to do a bit better in front of the big sticks next Sunday, after booting 4 goals 7 in the qualifying final.

Team changes - I can't imagine that damicky or Tonga Bob will make too many (if any) changes for the second biggest game of the season - I guess time will tell.

Final word to the opposition

Tonga Bob

Hi everyone, it’s BigFooty’s Tonga Bob here. philreich & Dingster had this great idea about an OP for the preliminary finals where they get the captains to write them. Like we haven’t got enough to do with leading teams to premiership glory. Bloody well lift you two! You could have asked me to write the sim for the game. Anyhoo, I’m a man of the people so here’s some words…

There’s this qooty franchise in Sweet that calls itself West Coast. They may have had some success a million years ago, but like their foopy namesakes that success is tainted. Drugs, preferential treatment, the fact that there were four teams in the league or just being flogs - take your pick.

They have two people sharing the captaincy stuff which is just the biggest copout in the history of copouts. Pick one captain and stick with them, but I guess it’s better than abstaining though. One of them is a piece of cheese that’s so nauseating that he even gives people that aren’t lactose intolerant the sh*ts. The other one is a bloke who to his credit tried to start up the Warriors back in the day. He failed though and gave up on trying again, leaving Frankston Rover to do the heavy lifting. They also have among their team the following online ‘personalities’: a 3000 year old pile of anthropomorphic dust, a faux tough guy that drinks his own piss, another faux tough guy that probably doesn’t drink his own piss but might idk, a tennis player, a former Warrior, old mate Clakkas, another dozen or so people that are so beige they could be the same poster, and Clarke.

When they’re not playing another team, they have these ‘festivals’. Festivals are meant to be joyous occasions, and the only joy that comes from the Festival of the Wonders is that no other team have to play them that week. Blessed be!

So that’s the West Coast franchise, the soy pumpkin spiced latte of the SFA. Hopefully that fits the brief that you provided phil, now can you please give me my dog back?

FootyGuy13

Look, all I'm going to say is that if the Wonders run on the field half as much as ClarkeM runs his mouth, they might be in with a chance.

damicky

I have evidence to prove that Tonga Bob is not actually from Tonga.

Mobbs also told me that Coney Island isn’t even an island.

Frothies Mcveigh

I don’t want to give up my source but I’ve got it on good authority that TheInjuryFactory checks underneath his bed for damicky each night, not the boogeyman.

Captains or someone from the LG get your team sheets in by Thursday 11:59 Vic bias time

Why didn't you tell Tonga Bob that he didn't have to write a novel?

Why didn't you tell Tonga Bob that he didn't have to write a novel?
I have it on good authority that Bob was on the phone for 75 minutes last week. Nothing unusual about that - except for the fact that it was a wrong number.........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did The Warriors have a decent Rookie this Season?
We didn't have any non-decent ones, of that I'm sure.
A couple of shrewd acquisitions over the off-season was all that was needed. It wouldn't have been fair to bring in rookies into such a strong lineup where they'd be stuck on the sidelines.

We didn't have any non-decent ones, of that I'm sure.
A couple of shrewd acquisitions over the off-season was all that was needed. It wouldn't have been fair to bring in rookies into such a strong lineup where they'd be stuck on the sidelines.

All Sweet FA Clubs have a responsibility to grow the League

The Warriors should be ashamed of themselves

All Sweet FA Clubs have a responsibility to grow the League

The Warriors should be ashamed of themselves
Our only responsibility is to crush your dreams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back