Official Match Thread Season 36 Round 1: Mount Buller Demons v Sin City Swamprats @ Snow Dome (MOTR)

Remove this Banner Ad

27MBD9e7c0d167fc10f77.png
27SCS807d2317babda465.png

Mount Buller Demons vs Sin City Swamprats

At The Snow Dome

1561430500210-png.698214

It's a new season in the Sweet Football Association with plenty of exciting stories to be told in the 36th edition of this great competition. With new personas, new rivalries, new stars to emerge.

But before we get to all the shiny new toys that can be played with. Let's take a look at the season just gone for these two teams...

S35 Recap - Mount Buller Demons

The home team have taken home the wooden spoon in Season 35, with an absolute disastrous season netting only 2 wins. Noted non-contributor who sits on his arse - Headless proving to be a continual liability. While boom recruit Wosh brought the Coney Island Warriors' stench of failure to stink up the Snow Dome. It the worst season on record for a normally proud and successful club and they will be hoping to turn things around in Season 36.

S35 Recap - Sin City Swamprats

While the Mount Buller Demons were insipid, the Swamprats were not much better in Season 35. A season that started disastrously with a Round 1 team sheet error sending captain philreich in for a league mandated colonoscopy. Things only got worse from there with only 4 wins for the season, only a couple of late wins helped the Rats avoid the spoon. okeydoke7's quest for 1000 goals was derailed in spectacular manner as he failed to kick more than 3 goals in a single game after Round 8. A final round benching in front of a packed Okey's Outhouse, ignominously replaced by Jewelsbon capping off a comical season.

okey doesn't know, how to find the goals
with his thousand milestone approaching
needing to kick four, he can't even score
it just seems this season, okey doesn't goal.

Oh, okey doesn't go-al. So don't pass to okey,
okey doesn't goal, okey doesn't goal
(so don't pass to okey)

I can't believe the s**t he's posting,
Jewelsbon replaces him, you're joking!

Cos okey doesn't goal, okey doesn't goal,
So don't pass to okey, okey doesn't goal.

(Don't pass to okey!)

Taking shots, missing from the square.
That's if he can even win a contest.
Too busy spamming his resume.
To bother showing up on game day.
He was great in the past,
but now he does nothing.

Cos okey doesn't goal, okey doesn't goal,

He used to rock Qooty, but now he doesn't know,
how to find the goals, the countdown is so slow.

Shall we put him in the ruck? He'd still suck!
He'll never be greater than Tarks
Hate's had enough, he wants some goals
Tired of waiting, he's calling Itsmyshow
(calling Itsmyshow...)

(You're at the wrong end of the ground okey!)
He was even chased down by Jezmiester, in the backline...

okey doesn't goal, okey doesn't goal,

okey doesn't know, how to find the goals,
okey's gotta know, I'm gonna show okey,
gotta show him myself, okey doesn't know,
okey doesn't know
okey has to
okey has to
okey has to goal

chant
OKEY DOESN'T GOAL x8
Okey's gotta go!

The Off-Season - Mount Buller Demons

The Demons let go of Callums_Guns while bringing in the extremely talented Gralin after an expansive scouting mission to the Gee Dee Board and Scythe94 from the Furies.

The Off-Season - Sin City Swamprats

The Swamprats have applied some moneyball recruitment principles, attempting to get some underutilized players across the league. Bringing in paraaaa from the Dragons, superstar Rodney Dangerfield from the Gumbies and the enigmatic premiership player The Jesus in the hopes of improving on-field performances.

Captains Please Submit Team Sheets by 11:59pm Thursday, AWST

The home team have taken home the wooden spoon in Season 35, with an absolute disastrous season netting only 2 wins.​
internally, it was a success - we have a nice new spoon for the clubrooms

Let's do this!

Scythe94, Gralin - welcome to your first match thread with the Demons. We're up against the Swamprats, who are notable for their collective inability to achieve major milestones in a timely manner. okeydoke7, for instance, has been searching for goal #1,000 for what feels like decades of seasons.

Will this game by the game okey finally does it? Well, we'll have to wait and see.

My vote is no.

The Off-Season - Mount Buller Demons

The Demons let go of Callums_Guns while bringing in the extremely talented Gralin after an expansive scouting mission to the Gee Dee Board and Scythe94 from the Furies.
The Demons have also secured my services for Season 36 from every other club in Season 35.

I see the Swamprats have some new players this season. I'd love to know why The Jesus, Rodney Dangerfield, and paraaaa chose the Swamprats of all teams.

Also - imagine not having a single rookie! The Demons would never do that. :embarrassedv1:
Some illustrious Dee names there going to the Swamprats to die*

*well not die. But like, they won’t be living either really?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's do this!

Scythe94, Gralin - welcome to your first match thread with the Demons. We're up against the Swamprats, who are notable for their collective inability to achieve major milestones in a timely manner. okeydoke7, for instance, has been searching for goal #1,000 for what feels like decades of seasons.

Will this game by the game okey finally does it? Well, we'll have to wait and see.

My vote is no.
His chase for the thousand is so 2022.

Early 2022.

One of many, Gralin.

Why don't you explain to the Swamprats what type of player you are?
I've been described as an absolute unit, a wrecking ball, the most damaging player to never lace up a pair of boots

Remove this Banner Ad

Back