Official Match Thread Season 36 Round 10 - Coney Island Warriors v Mount Buller Demons @ Van Cordlandt Park

Remove this Banner Ad

1693801562168-png.1793707

vs

mount-buller-demons-png.1760606
Let's start with a bit of humour:

A man is sitting at home alone when he hears a knock on the front door. He opens it to find two sheriff's deputies there. He asks if there is a problem.

One of the deputies asks if he is married. He says, "Yes, I am."

The deputy then asks if he could see a picture of the man's wife.

The guy says, "Sure," and gets a photo to show them.

The deputy says, "I'm sorry, sir. But it looks like your wife's been hit by a truck."

The guy replies, "I know, but she has a great personality and is an excellent cook."

Welcome to this round 10 fixture, to be held at Van Cordlandt Park. It's 1 v 9, but such is the tightness of the competition, you wouldn't put your house on the result, or you might find yourself sleeping on a park bench.

Warriors

The home side is sitting pretty on top of the ladder, but the chasing pack ain't far behind, with just 8 premiership points (still less than the number of points the Old Boys have lost LOL) separating 1st and 7th. So a loss to the Demons, coupled with a Gumbies win over the Phoenix, would knock the Warriors off top spot.

Who’s hot

Ocha905: 26 possessions, 9 marks & a goal
Pantskyle: 17 hit outs & 26 possessions

Who’s not

TubbsFarquhar: 2 possessions & a goal
FootyGuy13: 6 possessions & 2 marks

Demons

The Dees had a rocky start to the season, but their recent form has been pretty good. As a result, they now find themselves knocking on the door of the top 8, and if they knock off the ladder leaders - coupled with a loss by the Roys or Bombers, they could sneak in there with only 6 minor rounds to go after this week.

Who’s hot

Scythe94: 20 possessions, 5 marks & a goal
Sausageroll: 22 possessions & 2 marks

Who’s not

PMBangers & cats2rise: both shared some donuts

Who wins

The sim is almost as difficult to read as a Wonders match thread, but I'll say that the Warriors will maintain their position at the head of the pack, and win by 7 points.

Captains Please Submit Team Sheets by 11:59pm Thursday, AWST

Legendary OP philreich thankyou.

'Allo 'allo to the prolific mountain crew. I am going to have a juice harder than a 1976 East German Olympian to keep up with you all.

athletics-moscow-olympic-games-womens-shot-put-margitta-pufe-east-GB722M.jpg

Good evening philreich, good evening Wazzas and good evening Hill People. Why this isn't the MoTR round is an absolute befuddlement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm actually nervous for this week. I see your billowing thread numbers week in, week out, and am in awe. I don't know how you do it.
rtb tweet.JPG
s-post donald glover.gif

Good evening philreich, good evening Wazzas and good evening Hill People. Why this isn't the MoTR round is an absolute befuddlement.
It’s not MOTR because it’s not a Wazza intra club match

That’s because philreich considers himself a big shot FF now okey has been relegated.
That's because I kicked 6 yesterday - a number that represents okey's recent monthly average :).

That's because I kicked 6 yesterday - a number that represents okey's recent monthly average :).
I was expecting an okeydoke7 trade tbh, is he still melting?

Thanks for the OP btw 🫶

Remove this Banner Ad

Back