Official Match Thread Season 36 Round 6 - Gold City Royals v Coney Island Warriors @ The Golden Throne

Remove this Banner Ad

1693801551465.png 1693801562168.png
10th vs 2nd
Gold City Royals v Coney Island Warriors @ The Golden Throne
1693801653966.png

The Royals are one of four teams on one win this season, but thanks to having the second stingiest defence in the league they have a healthy percentage. If they can maintain their defensive dominance and get a little more out of their ninth ranked offense they could quickly turn their season around and play finals. They'll be hoping to start that march this week at home against the calibre of team they'll need to be able to go toe to toe with if they want to go deep in finals.

Last Week
Las Vegas Bears 14.7 (91) defeat Gold City Royals 10.5 (65) LINK
Since their shock loss to the Roys in Round One, the warriors have been on a tear, winning four in a row to climb all the way to second on the ladder. Boasting the highest powered offense in the league the Warriors win by outscoring their opponents, preferring shoot outs and free flowing qooty, defense is an afterthought as shown by their ranking being twelfth. This game really will be a match up of offense vs defence.

Last Week
Coney Island Warriors 28.8 (176) defeat Sin City Swamprats 17.6 (108) LINK

Captains Please Submit Team Sheets by 11:59pm Thursday, AWST

Wow. Didn't realise you despised us so much. And here I was looking forward to the week ahead.
Just ensuring you don't get your hopes up

But hey - 6 days on fun filled sfa bantering sounds like a gre8 idea

Hope is soooo over-rated ( I assume we've moved onto Days of our Lives reviews)
I used to think that but after the Wonders start to last season which was similar to ours this year that led to a GF appearance, unfortunately hope has resurfaced…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I couldn't think of a more off-putting name than the Gold City Royals.

But I will admit your stadium looks lit. With it being named the Throne I was expecting something Gaddafi used after having too much Bacardi.

I couldn't think of a more off-putting name than the Gold City Royals.

But I will admit your stadium looks lit. With it being named the Throne I was expecting something Gaddafi used after having too much Bacardi.
It sounds like the name of a false utopia. It's portrayed as this grand city of gold, but most if its citizens live in severe poverty while the royal family hoards all of the wealth.

It sounds like the name of a false utopia. It's portrayed as this grand city of gold, but most if its citizens live in severe poverty while the royal family hoards all of the wealth.
Oh so they're Dubai seeking a rebrand.

Showcasing this -
1693826336607.jpeg

Instead of this -

zpbxrfd9dn9jevcf_1598623867.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back