Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 10 - Gumbies FFC v Coney Island Warriors @ The House of Gumby

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure is! What's the usual Friday highlight?
Early knockoff? Drinks at the pub? The early hours waiting around to see if the Furies submit a team-sheet on time?
Last Friday was the best Friday of 2024- Freo won, West Perth won and no work.

Good morning Warriors and Gumbo's, welcome to Buscemi Friday and a brand new week.

6dfp-gif.1949064
5f5kBDE.gif

Early knockoff? Drinks at the pub? The early hours waiting around to see if the Furies submit a team-sheet on time?

My Friday highlights today are, sleep late, chill all day and start work late afternoon

So kinda like

Quentin Tarantino Art GIF by hoppip

Then come home and watch the end of the football

My Friday highlights today are, sleep late, chill all day and start work late afternoon

So kinda like

Quentin Tarantino Art GIF by hoppip

Then come home and watch the end of the football
Jam-packed full of adventure! Nothing better.
And just quietly, why on earth your mob are scheduled to play Saturday night, rather than Sunday, following our Easter Monday clash is beyond me. (Unless they wanted the prime time fixture of course).

And just quietly, why on earth your mob are scheduled to play Saturday night, rather than Sunday, following our Easter Monday clash is beyond me. (Unless they wanted the prime time fixture of course).
#Melbournebias
😝😝

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's always so game questionable decisions with the fixture & it's never going to please everyone, but one thing which would seem an easy fix is the scheduling off short & long breaks:

- Rnd 0 teams should have played another Rnd 0 team in Rnd 1 rather than a team playing their first game of the season. Half the teams played against each other, but the other half played 4 fresh teams & you can be a bit rusty in terms of match play

- When we have the 3/4 weeks of rotating mid-season byes, the teams coming off the bye should face each other

- Minimise unnecessary 5-day breaks. Looking at this week's schedule & the matches at AO, I'm guessing it would have been one of our clubs with a 5-day break to play Saturday night. BUT based on how the seasons being going for the clubs, maybe the GC vs GWS could have been Sat night at AO, and our two matches been a double header on the Sunday with an earlier start & then later finish

There's always so game questionable decisions with the fixture & it's never going to please everyone, but one thing which would seem an easy fix is the scheduling off short & long breaks:

- Rnd 0 teams should have played another Rnd 0 team in Rnd 1 rather than a team playing their first game of the season. Half the teams played against each other, but the other half played 4 fresh teams & you can be a bit rusty in terms of match play

- When we have the 3/4 weeks of rotating mid-season byes, the teams coming off the bye should face each other

- Minimise unnecessary 5-day breaks. Looking at this week's schedule & the matches at AO, I'm guessing it would have been one of our clubs with a 5-day break to play Saturday night. BUT based on how the seasons being going for the clubs, maybe the GC vs GWS could have been Sat night at AO, and our two matches been a double header on the Sunday with an earlier start & then later finish
Is this "Round 0" thing here to stay , or was it just a one off ?

We'll probably have Round -1 next year...honestly who the heck knows these days. If the NRL do their Vegas thingo again, maybe the AFL will do the same thing and try to capture the QLD/NSW market that week (they may even get the right week next time around)

Hoping it's just a one off

But I'm thinking they'll wait to see what the NRL is going to do next year and try to counter it again

todays highlight will be driving a mates brand new Corvette

StoP SpEAkiNg SeNsE. It's not how the AFL rolls.

Oooh jelly! Should take it down the track and give it a squirt. They cater to all people these days.
And after you've finished washing it, you could drive it around the track.

And after you've finished washing it, you could drive it around the track.
its pissing down, it will get a wash today...hope its got rain mode

Remove this Banner Ad

Back