Unofficial Preview Season-in-3-weeks: Round 11, vs Melbourne

How will we go against the Dees in Round 11?

• A big win (30+)

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • A win

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • A loss

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • A big loss (-30)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, look on the bright side: there's always Melbourne.

A few things to factor in:
  1. By this point, we may well be on a four game losing streak. That would either see us pretty demoralised, or very hungry for a possible win.
  2. Both teams will have a 7-day break, and neither team travelled.
  3. The game is at Etihad, so that gives the home ground advantage to us.
  4. Melbourne's last three games will have been (with quickly guessed result): Collingwood (L), Port Adelaide (L), Doggies (L, or W, close).
  5. We'll be going into the Bye straight after this match, whereas the Dees will have another week, where they go down to Geelong. So we can go all out and not leave much in the tank.
So, here's the mock matchups. Thanks to master bate for the Dees best 22 (I've included Dawes instead of Pedersen, compared to your Round 1 best 22, mate - I left Watts out though, since you don't seem that keen to play him at the moment... if you do, you can tell us where).

Dees.png

If we are healthy and uninjured I can definitely see a win occurring. We beat them with half a midfield last year, we can do it again.

I keep waiting for the shoe to drop with Melbourne and for them to really show something, but I have said this before. I can say just looking at those matchups that we win nearly every single one. Save for maybe 2 or 3.

I hope for a win here, but who knows, really.

Back