"Sexists" target Tony's office girl.

Remove this Banner Ad

Abbot's Credlin comments were not said in a vacuum - obviously there is the recent history of Gillard's magnificently hypocritical misogyny speech.

The truth lies somewhere in between: yes there is sexism in most parts of Aust society including politics, but it has been rolled out to defend a dud PM and now a dud chief of staff.
Pretty sure that Tone is the hypocrite in this case. Gillard is old news-let's discuss the current PM's playing of the gender card shall we?
ps for that matter Gillard's speech was not on a vacuum either-obviously Tone did and said number of questionable things regarding females that she finally brought up. And for this she received a lot of favorable publicity, here and internationally. (one presumes, because she nailed it)
In her parting speech she acknowledged that gender issues did not account for everything negative she copped, but she also noted that neither was it 'nothing'. That seems fair to me.

Tone's comments were a thing of beauty. Timed perfectly.

Backbenchers, especially those on the far right, will have the entire Christmas break to enjoy the ridicule that will be thrown their way.

Tones is toxic & has undermined the one thing the Coalition sold at the last election - competency.

It's now just a question of when.

Such an odd thing to say. He's put his chief of staff ahead of his own party, and besmirched the rest of them in the process.

ps for that matter Gillard's speech was not on a vacuum either-obviously Tone did and said number of questionable things regarding females that she finally brought up. And for this she received a lot of favorable publicity, here and internationally. (one presumes, because she nailed it)

Utter joke. She gave that speech defending the govt using Slipper.

Agreed, and Abbott's comments are a joke too.
I'm sure he feels he owes a great debt to her strategy, but at some point you have to share the spoils of victory to your ministers. He's a weird blend of Rudd and Gillard at governing, chaotic both internally and externally. This looks like active revolt like what happened with Rudd as well as amazingly low public support as with Gillard.

Utter joke. She gave that speech defending the govt using Slipper.
Sorry calm the farm will you -nope she was responding to long held, overt and subtle, deeply rooted attitudes to women. And she nailed it, as so many women attested. And an attitude that our Tone apparently possesses until his girl is targetted. Then he plays the gender card.

In a delicious reptilian irony "Misogyny Tone" has lashed out at "sexists" who have dared to criticize his tea lady. Incredulously though those he fingers for castigating his stenographer are not ABC journalists or Labor party henchmen but members of his own party!!
Personally I don't see where these people get off picking on a poor old cleaning lady.
Anyone found to have made a rash comment about Tony's au pair containing even the slightest hint of sexism should be expelled from the party and if they hold public office they should be summarily dismissed.
Why a Prime Minister should have to defend his interior designer is any bodies guess...

But honestly... is Tony is a reptile wrapped up in misogyny inside an enema?

you do know Julia was actually referring to the faceless men undermining her leadership and then turned the finger onto the liberals when she realised she was airing labor's dirty laundry.

I'm sure he feels he owes a great debt to her strategy, but at some point you have to share the spoils of victory to your ministers. He's a weird blend of Rudd and Gillard at governing, chaotic both internally and externally. This looks like active revolt like what happened with Rudd as well as amazingly low public support as with Gillard.

I think you might be right

Such an odd thing to say. He's put his chief of staff ahead of his own party, and besmirched the rest of them in the process.
I had never heard of her before Tones tanty, but the snippets I've seen in the media since paint her as a toxic fish wife.
Maybe Tony has a soft spot for a dominatrix.

And he has been a very bad boy lately.....

you do know Julia was actually referring to the faceless men undermining her leadership and then turned the finger onto the liberals when she realised she was airing labor's dirty laundry.
Strangely I was not aware that Gillard was on Abbotts staff...even then?
What is this fascination with totally irrelevant non-participants in this issue?
Should I be mentioning Bob Menzies hatred of the Chinese about now?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strangely I was not aware that Gillard was on Abbotts staff...even then?
What is this fascination with totally irrelevant non-participants in this issue?
Should I be mentioning Bob Menzies hatred of the Chinese about now?

I was just informing you of your error

There's no way Credlin would have allowed the Prince's knighthood

According to PvO, Libs are starting to say the same

There's no way Credlin would have allowed the Prince's knighthood

According to PvO, Libs are starting to say the same
I'm not so sure about that, I wouldn't of thought he had the balls to make a decision without consulting her.

PvO's comment pretty much sums up Abbott's leadership style.

r738936_6026149.jpg

is this xunt for real?

Bronwyn Bishop is standing there too. Is she also a misogynist?

Bronwyn Bishop is standing there too. Is she also a misogynist?

Women can be very anti women. Phyllis Schlafly in America is a perfect example who a few weeks ago claimed that too many women in college is the reason for sexual assaults on college campuses. She was also very important in defeating a bill in America called the "equal rights act" or something like that that gave more rights to women.

I was just informing you of your error
I don't think so.
I think you were trying to Paint the reptilian *********** in a better light by floating a ridiculous mistruth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back