Seymour District Cricket Association

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez there'd be a few $hitty with that - perhaps they coulda had two B-grades, one for the one day crew and the other for those keen on the longer format. Wonder the break down of clubs for and against it?

Thornton
Alex
Yea
Avenel
Nagambie
Royals
Seymour
Eastern Hill
Puckapunyal
Tallarook
Broadford - Against (as far as I know)
Kilmore
Heathcote

Pyalong perhaps?

Is it true Yea are now pulling outa A-grade also? What on earth is this comp coming to? Surely a seven team A-grade comp is disappointing when ya second tier competition could have up to 15 teams :confused:

tallarook def against, u have ur agm early doon, ours isn't till late august

tallarook def against, u have ur agm early doon, ours isn't till late august

pretty sure the last few have been in June - seems to suit the lads in getting organised as quite a few double up with footy commitments.

does anyone know weather or not joey tarran is going around again this year? he'd still be handy just as a bat just make sure u got a twelth man in case he wants to have a bowl and breaks down....... and has the rook, broaford, avenel, seymour or the hill done any recruiting???? i'm not real sure of the numbers at seymour this season as tamblyn is gone so is trelor not sure on the young allums and mankey dont know what he is doing either thats half of there b grade side from last year gone not to sure on coad either apparently he is going to bendigo to play with tamblyn:confused: not to sure of any other loses they have had!!!! so i'd definatly say no c grade as they only fielded a side in c grade about 5 times last year and at times that was a team of 7!!!! with the room up grades it would be a disapointment to see the club go that down hill that they might struggle to field a b grade ecspecially for two dayers with commitment being a problem... ohh one other loss for the club is aaron loft as he is joining the army.....:confused::confused:

Hey Guys,

www.bigcricket.com/forum/

this is bigfooty's sister site and has a very large local board discussion area similar to the footy one here. What we are striving is to make it as successful as bigfooty and as large as it is. So why not come over to the great site, start up a thread in the local board and get the cricket discussion going over there!!!!

Hope to see you over there

Mav aka Guru (admin)

from what i have heard joey will be going around again, not so sure about the BIGSHOW who now has a missus and as rumor has it maybe quitting so he can have his saturdays free to do a spot of shopping and catch a movie!! :thumbsdown:

wanna get everyones opinion's and how their clubs will be voting on the recommendations put forward by easternhill/

1. b grade to be 1 day games

2. all clubs to have only 1 c grade

3. c grade to 40 overs

from what i have heard joey will be going around again, not so sure about the BIGSHOW who now has a missus and as rumor has it maybe quitting so he can have his saturdays free to do a spot of shopping and catch a movie!! :thumbsdown:

wanna get everyones opinion's and how their clubs will be voting on the recommendations put forward by easternhill/

3. c grade to 40 overs
To start with i am rapt that they have been put forward by eastern hill and congradulate them on having the forsight to do so, the league needs piont 1 and 3, and in my opinion its needs them now, but they will be voted down by the majority of clubs, piont 2 makes sence but if a club has the players at the start of the season to put more than 1 c grade team in then it will continue to happen, players dropping off during the year will also continue to happen, the reomendation to reduce clubs to 1 c grade team will not solve the problem.

i personally disagree with point 1, think b grade should remain as is but there is some merit in points 2 and 3.

i personally disagree with point 1, think b grade should remain as is but there is some merit in points 2 and 3.

Muir said your opinions dont really matter at The Rookery these days anyway :D

3. c grade to 40 overs

Kilmore held there AGM tonight went off without any problems a few young faces on the board. NO offical stance has been discussed but personally dont want to see number 1 would like to see number 2 and i am indiffernet to number 3

Nestle's very own Seymoour CC correspondant Chad Bonney was pumping up the Maroon's new coach this morning - apparently a left arm quick with VCA experience at I think he said Footscray, anyone got a name? Sounds like a good get for the competition

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3. c grade to 40 overs

SDCA had it's AGM yet, howd ya recommendations get on Jazzy? Instead of C-grade going back to 40 overs, why don't they just play once a fortnight?

highly constructive doona.

Here's a thought. Why don't Eastern Hill just become a social club? That way they won't have to play cricket at all and the rest of us can continue to enjoy the current format in all grades. Everyones a winner.:thumbsu:

and what does doona being so contructive have to do with the EHCC
Nothing to do with Doona but everything to do with you Phantom. We all know that you and Eastern Hill CC are the driving force behind these proposed changes. Could it be that by making B-grade all one day games you figure you might be able to poach a couple of players from Nagambie should they wish to play the longer version of the game?:D

Nothing to do with Doona but everything to do with you Phantom. We all know that you and Eastern Hill CC are the driving force behind these proposed changes. Could it be that by making B-grade all one day games you figure you might be able to poach a couple of players from Nagambie should they wish to play the longer version of the game?:D
dam good try lego but wtf
piont 1 i have mothing to do with the eastern hill cricket club other than a few beers there now and again, as i do at other clubs
piont 2 who plays for ehcc and how they get there has nothing to do with me, but if i was asked to recommend a club to someone i would not rule out that club, as i would not rule out some other clubs ( yours inclueded )
piont 3 i was under the impression Nagambie would be in A grade for season 2008/2009.
So based on what you have said they are not, i find that a bit disserpionting, but other than having that view of it, its got nothing to do with me.
Yes i have very strong ideas on how i believe the SADCA should be moving forward, but other than put those ideas forward verbally to those that will listen i have no say or imput at any other level.
Its simple realy i just give a s**t, i hate club and other politics so i dont get involved at that level, one of the reasons i hate club and other forms of politics is because there are allways people that want to smell a rat in nearly all pionts put forward at committe or other levels, its not allways the case.

Seymour paper has a bit about the new Seymour CC captain coach, appears to have an excellent playing background, the articale did not say that he lives locally.
Has anyone heard if the changes proposed by EHCC have gone through or not.
I believe EHCC was to hold there AGM last night anyone have news on them, I have heard that Danny Dawson has committed to the season with them, verygood player, have allso heard that Youngman is staying, and is wanting a bit of a leadership roll. Could be the making of him, any thoughts.

Seymour paper has a bit about the new Seymour CC captain coach, appears to have an excellent playing background, the articale did not say that he lives locally.

He lives in Tallarook Im pretty sure.

Has anyone heard if the changes proposed by EHCC have gone through or not.

Nomad has indicated the B-grade one day thing got kicked to the curb, but the 40-over C-grade got in. Seems f**king stupid to then play 50 overs come finals time!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back