Seymour District Cricket Association

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emu Valley is all Hard Wickets. Do Hethcote have the option of a hard wicket to play on??
Heathcote will play A grade on its turf wicket as the Emu Valley league didnt have a problem with us doing that and our B grade will play on the carpet pitch at the showgrounds

Nomad has indicated the B-grade one day thing got kicked to the curb, but the 40-over C-grade got in. Seems f**king stupid to then play 50 overs come finals time!!![/quote]
Agree. That seems absolutely ridiculous... Whats the reasoning behind it does anyone know ??

Nomad has indicated the B-grade one day thing got kicked to the curb, but the 40-over C-grade got in. Seems f**king stupid to then play 50 overs come finals time!!![/quote]
Agree. That seems absolutely ridiculous... Whats the reasoning behind it does anyone know ??
Only a wild guess but proberably just to appeas those that were against it going to 40.
it has been no secret that i favour the 1 day b grade concept, so if it has failed to get over the line imo it is unfortunate, but life goes on, and in my opinion there will be a few more players lost to the game.

Only a wild guess but proberably just to appeas those that were against it going to 40.
it has been no secret that i favour the 1 day b grade concept, so if it has failed to get over the line imo it is unfortunate, but life goes on, and in my opinion there will be a few more players lost to the game.

I think it may have been that the motion didn't include finals?? And to change the finals another motion would have to happen. It's not that bad as A grade is an 80 over comp with 100 over final so they are exactly the same. The B grade 1 day motion was comprehensively rejected as well I believe.

My understanding is that if the proposal had gone through there would have also been a number of people lost to the game.

don't understand our comp, all grades play a certain amount of overs per game and then the playing conditions change in finals!! what is up with that?? should be kept the same thru home and away and finals!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yep great call, who the hells in A grade this year, but while i am waiting to find out, with Pearce back in there ranks Avenel will be hard to beat, think Mick Hard may have sighned for them as well.

Aint heard much outa the locals re: ins & outs, pretty sure Gerry Hanson might be overlooking things in a coaching role. Had a go at John Taylor but failed, Knackers Blackwell may return to offer a little with both bat and ball, hopefully a full year out of Spargo means the red & blacks may be there abouts still.

Chadda tried telling me Dennis Smith was a chance to leave Kings Park and land at Chittick Park, again only what I was told at work.

No Bigshow :eek: may mean Tallarook on the slide perhaps . . . . . oh and Happy Birthday for 2day Ad :thumbsu:

Aint heard much outa the locals re: ins & outs, pretty sure Gerry Hanson might be overlooking things in a coaching role. Had a go at John Taylor but failed, Knackers Blackwell may return to offer a little with both bat and ball, hopefully a full year out of Spargo means the red & blacks may be there abouts still.

Chadda tried telling me Dennis Smith was a chance to leave Kings Park and land at Chittick Park, again only what I was told at work.

No Bigshow :eek: may mean Tallarook on the slide perhaps . . . . . oh and Happy Birthday for 2day Ad :thumbsu:
Dennis Smith is about to take a few weeks holiday on one of the islands up the top end, he will not make any decisions on his playing future for some time, if he plays at all, it is fair to say moving on from the Hill is an option, one that he would be reluctant to make but does feel a bit on the outer with them at the moment, he's been a bloody good player for the hill for a dam long time i hope they do some work on him and fix the issues with him.

Sorry Fishy, those words are from the infamous Mr Lawler, hope i can get a game at seymour myself this year and contribute towards a flag, go the maroons :thumbsu:

Yer us Avenel blokes have been training for about 12 weeks keen as mustard,ready to go or have we been drinking for the past 12 weeks not sure either way we are ready to go

Pyalong CC lose both the Capuano boys to the Ringwood CC, as well as retiring veterans Clarke and Sterling. Fair gap the boys will have to fill.

On a grade news, I have heard on the grapevine that Tallarook may have a few key signings this year as young L.Watts has made some mates at his new footy club in Sandhurst. Sure to make things interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back