Resource SFA Information and Sign Up Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
sweetfa.gif
Bigfooty's Sweet Football Association
(est. 2001, world's oldest Online Simulated Aussie Rules league)
a.k.a. The Sweet FA / the SFA / The Bigfooty Fantasy Football League
You Are Currently On The Information & Sign-Up Thread. Post A Reply Here To Sign Up.
Rich (BB code):
New arrivals, hike your skirts and announce your availability.
Rich (BB code):
Rich (BB code):
[/CENTER][/SIZE][/CENTER]
It can be helpful to provide the following details:
Name: {only mandatory field - your Bigfooty name will be your player name}
Preferred Position 1:
Preferred Position 2:
Preferred Position 3:
Number:
Height:
Weight:
Preferred Team: {if you have one}
How Did You Hear About The Sweet FA:
WTF?
The Sweet FA is a fantasy football league running at Bigfooty forums. The teams consist of players who are forum members, actual people such as you. The league started in 2001 and - at the time I type this - is about to embark upon its 17th season, in 2013.
The matches are decided by a text simulator called Qooty. The matches play out entirely randomly. The simulator produces a text transcript of commentary, provides statistics, and maintains a season. This is not a dreamteam-style competition. Real performances in the AFL are irrelevant. Results here are determined entirely by the random number generating functions of a computer.
Here at Bigfooty, in the Fantasy Footy League forum, the person administering the league (read: running the simulator with all our names input into it) feeds back the results. They usually have some volunteers assisting through such things as managing match threads and writing up reviews / previews.
The player base consists of average (in some cases downright ordinary) folks like you and me, having joined a team list, witnessed their fantasy league alter-ego perform, and entered into a virtual world of pretence as though you and I had actually been out on the field chasing the leather. To join a team list, announce your availability on this very thread.
The viability/success/growth of the league is normally agreed to centre around "activity" amongst the player base. That is to say, banter, boasting, excuse-making, big calls, dares, and any form of drama that makes the environment an interesting, amusing and perhaps volatile one for participants. Approaches vary from taking one's performance very seriously to putting oneself down at every opportunity.
Each match has its own forum thread. "Players" (and onlookers!) are encouraged to participate in these threads, with banter during the lead-up until the match details are posted there, and also to follow-up with their thoughts after the match has been played & posted.
Each team also has a thread for intraclub discussion, which is used to different extents and for differing purposes by the relevant clubs. The forum also often hosts additional discussions ranging from faux news articles to some quite heady arguments!
Just like in a real-life league, each season culminates in a finals series, a Grand Final, and a set of awards. There is no reason not to feel a sense of prestige in any of these achievements. After all, running with the concept as though its 100% bona fide, is pretty much what fantasy footy is about!
Clubs are always looking for new talent. While on-field performance is completely random, players whose real-life personas actively participate - posting regularly, adding value to the discussion and debate - are prized members of the Sweet FA community.
So if you can see the fun in a bit of role-play, and want to see yourself running around gathering possessions and kicking goals, without getting off your arse, then WELCOME TO THE SWEET FA!
FAQs
General & Historical
Administrative: [Penalties History] [Evolution Of Rules]
COMPETING TEAMS
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Alberton Swamprats
Established: Season 05
(...)
Colours:
Premierships:
Mobbenfuhrer Medallists:
Captain: Jonts & MannumPower
lbom.png
gbom.png
Baghdad Bombers
Established: Season 04
(as Bigfooty Bombers, changed to Baghdad Bombers for Season 07 or 08)
Colours: Red & Black
Premierships: Seasons 07, 09 & 14
Mobbenfuhrer Medallists: Stegelator (Season 04)
Captain: Gee Dub
lhaw.png
ghaw.png
East Side Hawks
Established: Season 06
Colours: Green, Gold & White
Premierships: Season 12
Mobbenfuhrer Medallists: Boncer34 (Season 11), Larrikin (Seasons 12 & 13)
Captain: Itsmyshow
lfur.png
gfur.png
Fighting Furies
Established: Season 03
Colours: Yellow & Black
Premierships: Seasons 05, 08, 10 & 11
Mobbenfuhrer Medallists: 0
Captain: Filthy Sanchez
lgum.png
ggum.png
Geelong Gumbies
Established: Season 04
Colours: Navy Blue, Royal Blue & White
Premierships: Season 16
Mobbenfuhrer Medallists: BlueFan4 (Season 09), ClayPigeon (Season 14)
Captain: StFly & Peterss
3LUZNKL.png
Gold City Royals
Established: Season 16
Colours: Purple and Gold
Premierships: 0
Mobbenfuhrer Medallists: 0
Captain: Wise Guy Sam
ldem.png
gdem.png
Mount Buller Demons
Established: Season 01
(as Team Pump, changed name to Mt Buller Demons for season 03)
Colours: Red & Blue
Mobbenfuhrer Medallists: BT (Season 03), cooney (Season 13)
Captain: Eth
lsdr.png
gsdrh.png
Southern Dragons
Established: Season 05
(as Bigfooty Dragons, merged with Southern Sharks start of Season 08)
Colours: Red, White & Black
Mobbenfuhrer Medallists: Rooboy_74 (Season 07), Ljp86 (Seasons 08 & 10)
Captain: Ljp86 & Boncer"The great one"34
lroy.png
groy.png
Roys FFC
Established: Season 03
(in recess seasons 09 & 10)
Colours: Maroon & Blue
Premierships: Season 04
Mobbenfuhrer Medallists: Broken (Season 05)
Captain: Reardo
logowonders.png
wondershomejumperforsig.png
West Coast Wonders
Established: Season 01
(as Seventh Wonders, changed name to West Coast Wonders for Season 07)
Colours: Blue & Gold
Premierships: Seasons 01, 13, 15
Mobbenfuhrer Medallists: Wise Guy Sam (Season 15), PVF (Season 16)Captain: PVF

Direct all newbies here. They MUST post here first to SIGN UP. Everyone take note of that.

I've seperated this from the squad thread because I'd like this to be where the newbies can dip their toes in the water, maybe a little banter, without being concerned with me deleteing their posts like I will in the others.

Once again. ALL NEWBIES MUST POST HERE to sign up.

Once a newbie is in here they must wait 24 hours before signing after their first post. This is to give everyone a crack at them.

The most active teams have the most posters online so obviously they always get in first, now there is a 24 hour window where a less active team still has a shot at signing them.

Once a newbie is in here they must wait 24 hours before signing after their first post. This is to give everyone a crack at them.

The most active teams have the most posters online so obviously they always get in first, now there is a 24 hour window where a less active team still has a shot at signing them.

Such a simple solution to a problem we've had for quite a while. How'd we not think of this earlier?

What if someone goes and targets a person from a completely different board. Do they then have to go through this system, even though they were chased out by someone else originally if that makes sense?

What if someone goes and targets a person from a completely different board. Do they then have to go through this system, even though they were chased out by someone else originally if that makes sense?
Yes

Irving_Cav15

Once you fill in the below form you can officially be signed 24 hours later.

You know the drill, you've been to this party before.

Preferred Position 1:
Preferred Position 2:
Preferred Position 3:
Number:
Height:
Weight:
Preferred Team: {if you have one}

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hello Irving_Cav15

As a Hawthorn supporter, I would like you to consider joining the East Side Hawks.

You can join the Royals, play in a back pocket or on the bench and be lost in the pointlessness that is a Royals dictatorship, or play a significant role, in a club that carries the same moniker as your beloved team in another sport... Playing for the Hawks, you know it's what you have always wanted. We at the Hawks are simply better, we will make you famous.

Kind Regards

IMS.

Inh,Irving_Cav15

Once you fill in the below form you can officially be signed 24 hours later.

You know the drill, you've been to this party before.

Preferred Position 1: Wing
Preferred Position 2: Rover
Preferred Position 3: HF
Number: 10,14, 16, 17 or 33
Height: 181
Weight: 86kg
Preferred Team: {if you have one} Gold City Royals
How Did You Hear About The Sweet FA: Played before

Hello Irving_Cav15

As a Hawthorn supporter, I would like you to consider joining the East Side Hawks.

You can join the Royals, play in a back pocket or on the bench and be lost in the pointlessness that is a Royals dictatorship, or play a significant role, in a club that carries the same moniker as your beloved team in another sport... Playing for the Hawks, you know it's what you have always wanted. We at the Hawks are simply better, we will make you famous.

Kind Regards

IMS.

After some research the East Side Hawks withdraw their offer...

The system works.

Preferred Position 2: Centre Half-Forward
Preferred Position 3: Centre Half-Back
Number: 69
Height: 189 CM
Weight: 90KG
Preferred Team: None
Scrolling through the boards

Have you considered the Geelong Gumbies. .. Not my team but they do match your allegience and are a bunch of Cants*. ..

* Not really, I just wanted to say that. .. Except maybe that StFly guy. ..

Hey Haro,

You'll see a lot of familiar faces on this board. I agree with Clay, the Gumbies do need some players before the start of the season.

P.S. Would be funny to see your brother rock up, as these people are real suspect over aliases.

I'm sure my homies at Mt Buller wouldn't mind having you on board with us! If you're interested chuck myself or Eth a PM, or check out our team thread which is located in my sig.

We wouldn't be able to sign you for another 24 hours though, so take that time to consider your options. Just remember we're the best though and if you turn me down so help me god I'll blow this place to kingdom come.

We wouldn't be able to sign you for another 24 hours though, so take that time to consider your options. Just remember we're the best though and if you turn me down so help me god I'll blow this place to kingdom come.

Stop lying to the newbies!

Hello there HaroCant

I would like to formally offer you a position with the East Side Hawks FFC.

We at the Hawks are simple folk, we like a nice beer and a bbq to accompany our "entertainment", we also like to wind up our nightly activities at a reasonable time, no later than 3am the night before a game.
As this is a fantasy game, allegiances to that inferior sport that shall not be named are pointless and empty, but allegiences to your chosen SFA club are basically the same. Join the Hawks, we like long walks on the beach and creating complete and utter carnage at our opponents expense, we encourage complete antagonism and the ability to make an opponent cry, we even knifed the league administrator due to our belief that he had gone soft.

You shall inevitably make your choice, but don't make it the wrong one, there is only one place to be, and that is with the greatest SFA side of all time, the East Side Hawks.

Everyone else can eat a fat one.

Cheers

IMS. :thumbsu:

I'm sure my homies at Mt Buller wouldn't mind having you on board with us! If you're interested chuck myself or Eth a PM, or check out our team thread which is located in my sig.

First sign of a future move to Baghdad...

Have you considered the Geelong Gumbies. .. Not my team but they do match your allegience and are a bunch of Cants*. ..

* Not really, I just wanted to say that. .. Except maybe that StFly guy. ..

Hey Haro,

You'll see a lot of familiar faces on this board. I agree with Clay, the Gumbies do need some players before the start of the season.

P.S. Would be funny to see your brother rock up, as these people are real suspect over aliases.

Who should I contact?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back