Media SFA Lacks intestinal fortitude

Remove this Banner Ad

By D.I.S. Gruntled

Two seasons ago the SFA was hit with a barrage of expansion bids for the S16 season. It started with the well known resurrection of the Alberton Swamprats, the Gold City Royals and the OFG Warriors. The way these bids came about earned the wrath of many players and the timing of said bids was questioned as it neared finals. Two years on we have another three bids in the pipeline and again the prevalence of these bids is taking away from the current season, and as we approach finals and players being out of the race these bids will become even more in your face.

Winding back the clock two seasons, a young , plucky and angry beez took to the expansion bid that directly affected his team and sacked the two players leading the bid, MP and Jonts. It was clear MP and Jonts had their minds elsewhere and Beez was disappointed that match threads were being turned into recruiting drives for clubs that weren't even formed. As seasons have passed it has become clear to MP that Beez made the right call and he is now calling for all club captains to get some balls and suspend these players leading the charge for their "new" clubs. It is only fair, you can't call yourself a club person if you have aspirations to play elsewhere. If you have made a commitment to someone else then you lose all rights to be at your current club, MP was stated at a recent pub crawl in Alberton. If the cull is to happen there are some big names in the firing line with BoshtrichBurger , Broken and pantskyle leading the dumped charge.

The timing of these bids also needs to be questioned, as we approach finals the penultimate stage of the competition all eyes and banter should be focussed on the teams in it. Constant referals to expansion bids simply takes away from the enjoyment of finals. In future seasons any expansion bid should be entertained in the off season only when all players have finished their commitments with their club.

The timing of these bids also needs to be questioned, as we approach finals the penultimate stage of the competition all eyes and banter should be focussed on the teams in it. Constant referals to expansion bids simply takes away from the enjoyment of finals. In future seasons any expansion bid should be entertained in the off season only when all players have finished their commitments with their club.
Provide evidence re: references to bids in match threads and you'd have a case.

You're simply just assuming.

Provide evidence re: references to bids in match threads and you'd have a case.

You're simply just assuming.
no you find it, i'm a journalist form SA, I do not need proof to back up my allegations.

Regardless, you are trying to form another club, you don't deserve to play at your current one anymore, simple as that.

I suggested to the Roys that they delist or drop me once I announced that I was a part of the Bears bid, due to the above stated conflict of interest. They chose to keep me on and I continue to do things for the Roys and continue to represent them as I had before the announcement. Any Bears discussion I try and contain to the relevant expansion threads.

Oddly, this thread continues to keep eyes on expansion.

Last edited:
no you find it, i'm a journalist form SA, I do not need proof to back up my allegations.

Regardless, you are trying to form another club, you don't deserve to play at your current one anymore, simple as that.
I have no problem with that part of your article.

I'm more questioning the fact that you think the bids have been or will become a deterrent to the upcoming finals series. I don't believe that will be the case. Most of the expansion talk has been central to their own specific threads. I'm yet to notice any references to the bids in match threads seeing as though the opposition know not to give the expansion topic any oxygen in match threads during the season.

Also, the reason why the two bids (Royals/Warriors) in Season 15 were viewed as hazards was because they were announced DURING the FINALS SERIES. And guess which one wasn't viewed as such? The Swamprats. Why, because you guys did what we are doing now, make yourselves public DURING the REGULAR SEASON.

The hype dies down if you announce it earlier and thus the topic stays in its own little bubble. The Finals won't be distracted by expansion don't worry.

I suggested to the Roys that they delist or drop me once I announced that I was a part of the Bears bid, due to above stated the conflict of interest. They chose to keep me on and I continue to do things for the scenes for the Roys and continue to represent them as I had before the announcement. Any Bears discussion I try and contain to the relevant expansion threads.

Oddly, this thread continues to keep eyes on expansion.
I should have never tagged you Broken.

I have no problem with that part of your article.

I'm more questioning the fact that you think the bids have been or will become a deterrent to the upcoming finals series. I don't believe that will be the case. Most of the expansion talk has been central to their own specific threads. I'm yet to notice any references to the bids in match threads seeing as though the opposition know not to give the expansion topic any oxygen in match threads during the season.

Also, the reason why the two bids (Royals/Warriors) in Season 15 were viewed as hazards was because they were announced DURING the FINALS SERIES. And guess which one wasn't viewed as such? The Swamprats. Why, because you guys did what we are doing now, make yourselves public DURING the REGULAR SEASON.

The hype dies down if you announce it earlier and thus the topic stays in its own little bubble. The Finals won't be distracted by expansion don't worry.
The hype doesn't die down it increases as the season draws to an end as you get closer to possibly getting into the league.

Richard Douglas dislikes this.
:(
The hype doesn't die down it increases as the season draws to an end as you get closer to possibly getting into the league.
I disagree. The hype does die down IF you announce it early (like what you guys did in S15 and like what we and the Bears are doing now).

The hype only builds back up after the Finals. When it's the off-season.
both could be applied since you have neither, one means guts the other balls.
So you go from having a go at our superiors for not sacking us to having a go at us?

Get your aim back on.

What about the people that the captain knows is leaving but the person doesn't want it announced yet?

Or what about if the bid fails? Not a great relationship to get back into the club if they wanted to.

Basically what I'm saying is, this is stupid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:(

I disagree. The hype does die down IF you announce it early (like what you guys did in S15 and like what we and the Bears are doing now).

The hype only builds back up after the Finals. When it's the off-season.

So you go from having a go at our superiors for not sacking us to having a go at us?

Get your aim back on.
if you had the guts you would stand down as it is a conflict of interest. If you have no interest in continuing with the gumbies then quit now and let someone who is prepared to play take your fancied spot. My article is a go at the captains but the players themselves should take a good hard look at themselves.

I feel this thread lacks The Jet stating he is the heart and sole of the Swamprats.
he is the sole, the R sole, bwhahahahahaha couldn't help myself, sorry TJ :hearts:

What about the people that the captain knows is leaving but the person doesn't want it announced yet?

Or what about if the bid fails? Not a great relationship to get back into the club if they wanted to.

I think thats kinda the point. If you want to start/join an expansion bid, fine, but you risk burning your bridges.

if the bid fails then they find another club, if they aren't committed then * off

if you had the guts you would stand down as it is a conflict of interest. If you have no interest in continuing with the gumbies then quit now and let someone who is prepared to play take your fancied spot. My article is a go at the captains but the players themselves should take a good hard look at themselves.
You didn't stand down, and I bet you had no intention of standing down before beez sacked you and Jonts.

You didn't stand down, and I bet you had no intention of standing down before beez sacked you and Jonts.
read the article again, I now understand accept that what beez did was the right thing. When I was involved in the bid I lived and breathed swamprats and the bombers were secondary and I was using every chance to talk about it. As a captain of a club that could potentially lose people I'd rather them go now than stay on board. If your girlfriend started seeing another guy would you dump her or wait and see if her next boyfriend worked out??????

if the bid fails then they find another club, if they aren't committed then **** off

So are you saying if Schulzenfest(sp?), Noobz0r and spookism decided they wanted to make an expansion team called the Port Power Wannabes, you wouldn't let them come back to the Swamprats if the bid failed?

read the article again, I now understand accept that what beez did was the right thing. When I was involved in the bid I lived and breathed swamprats and the bombers were secondary and I was using every chance to talk about it. As a captain of a club that could potentially lose people I'd rather them go now than stay on board. If your girlfriend started seeing another guy would you dump her or wait and see if her next boyfriend worked out??????

Does said girlfriend have a hotter sister or friend BoshtrichBurger could see?

But on topic if the current captains are happy to have people who are involved with bids to continue to play with said club until the bid fails or succeeds surely that should be their choice

So are you saying if Schulzenfest(sp?), Noobz0r and spookism decided they wanted to make an expansion team called the Port Power Wannabes, you wouldn't let them come back to the Swamprats if the bid failed?
I would quit and join them, they are my bros

I would quit and join them, they are my bros

larry-david-stare-down-okay.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back