Media Ljp86 600 Week - SFA Street Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Atalanta B.C
1708418586409.png

Hello everybody, it’s me: Greenery, here for an episode of SFA Street Talk.
Yesterday I’m sure you all saw Pie 4 Life ’s thread explaining that Ljp86 would be playing his 600th game this week, and that to celebrate this we would be putting together a range of media pieces as part of “Ljp86 Week”.
With the momentous milestone looming, I thought I’d hit the streets of Sweet to find out what people think of the great man. I started off in the neighbourhood where my S29 buddies hang out, in the hope of some pearls of wisdom and maybe an interesting anecdote or two.
1613439443445.png

“I know almost nothing about him! I've pieced together that he is some sort of SFA pioneer and as such is revered, So I guess he is important.”
~ GWS Goose

1613439478277.png

“He is a Dragon legend and one of the SFA greats. His commitment to qooty is nothing short of outstanding.”
~ GremioPower
“I know nothing besides his stat posting each week.”
~ Riviat

1613439512916.png

“He was great fun as part of the WA crew.”
~ Chipmunk

1613439531735.png

“Handy with a bazooka. Also seems like one of the nicest people in the SFA. Does a sh*t ton of behind the scenes stuff and consistently gives an encouraging post at the end of any match his team is a part of.”
~ Tonga Bob

1613439555582.png

“Three things in life are guaranteed; death, taxes and some incredibly interesting facts whenever Ljp86 posts.”
~ Bastyy

Well I guess I didn’t get stabbed or robbed, so that venture was a win. Ljp86 is clearly revered by the younger brigade, but if I want to get some information out of the people who really know the guy, I was going to have to track down some of the older demographic. Luckily the weekly pension had just been given out in Sweet, so many of the elders were outside and looking to buy lotto tickets and mothballs.
1613439581122.png

“Retire already.”
~ Tarkyn_24

1613439602588.png

“Who?
Yeah will get back to you.”
~ ClarkeM
“The best part about all of this will be that he can post a 600+ game thread and poor Headless won't be allowed in.”
~ Hate
“Harvs is the greatest admin that never was (apart from when he was).”
~ boncer34
“Get TFLUA in. I think he was the one who merged the Sharks and Dragons much to Ljp’s dismay.”
~ ClarkeM

So began a rather in-depth discussion about TFLUA-Tiger, and very few comments on Ljp86’s career. I had absolutely no idea what was going on, and was beginning to think that they misunderstood my query. After patiently waiting for the veterans to finish up their grand tales of the past, I left them to mutter among themselves for a moment when I saw several members of the SFA Committee loitering on the other side of the street.
1613439642346.png

“Congratulations on this remarkable achievement, LJ.
I'm particularly fond of how you generally pop into a thread after hours, quote some stuff about the qooty match and/or revving up your teammates, then sign off with a
Also a big thank you for all the stats work and many contributions you’ve made to the league over the years.
Vein xo”
~ antonio BlueVein

1613439667604.png

“Congratulations on a fine qooty achievement and thanks for all the hard work you put into the weekly stats.”
~ Cadsky

1613439687702.png

“Ljp86 is one of the institutions of Sweet FA, diligently posting ladders every week for far longer than many of us have been involved in the league. He has also been a quiet but passionate supporter of Southern Dragons/Dragons FFC and Western Australia for a very long time.
Thanks Ljp86 for everything you do and congratulations on being the first player in Sweet FA history to play 600 games.”
~ Barrybran

1613439717847.png

“Even contemplating someone playing 600 games is a daunting thought. I feel like I've been part of the SFA forever, but this legend of the competition has played more than 3 times as many games as I have. Well done Ljp86: truly extraordinary.”
~ philreich

1613439740133.png

“I always wondered why Ljp86 posted very methodically in match threads, and then I realised he'd played just an insane amount of games and would no doubt have driven himself quite mad.
His ladders are good and the use of colour in some ladders of late - while unnerving - has shown that an old dog can be taught new tricks.
Grats on reaching 600 games Ljp.”
~ manangatang

1613439763943.png

“600 games?! Jesus man, leave some for other people!”
~ Agent93

1613439788931.png

“To LJP86 on the occasion of his 600th game:
I'm sure that having a veteran that has played over 450 games that isn't at the Roys is a breach of the league rules somehow, but we'll overlook that for now. We genuinely appreciate all the work he does around the place, the ladder, stats, helping with fixtures.
And while these days he quietly goes about his business, in the early days of the league he was one of the trailblazers who pushed the place forward to the vibrant community it is today.
Congratulations on the huge milestone, well done and apologies in advance for the loss this weekend...
PS. Roys sign Ljp86 !!!”
~ TedDougChris

1613439812732.png

“Big game Ljp86!!
A tough match up against the Roys who've shown to be one of the competition best clubs over the past few seasons. You'll need to step it up a gear in front of the home fans this week and come out firing early.
Go Ljp!!
Congrats on five hundred mate, stellar effort, has been a pleasure watching you work in the comparatively brief time I've been in the comp. Thank you for your ongoing contribution and dedication to the league, you are an ornament to the game, in that one day the Dragons will stuff you and pop you in pride of place on their mantlepiece. It's been a pleasure working closely with you for WA in the State of Origin these past few years, and as much as it pains me as the Warriors skipper, wishing you and your Dragons well and hope you salute this weekend.
Enjoy a well earned bush chook after the game on me, you've earned it. :thumbsu:
~ TheInjuryFactory

1613439872096.png

“Congratulations to Ljp86 on completing and maintaining an internet connection for 600 games- a fine achievement. After 600 games @ 100 minutes a game, what more could be achieved in 50,000 minutes? He is best known and recognised for his consistent and outstanding contributions in the ladder thread complete with headlines and summaries, and offering congratulations to his dragons teammates after wins and milestones. We also have fond recent memories of playing for WA alongside him in SoO. He is a pure, non-nonsense qooty player who plays to his strengths in this era of hyperactivity and is arguably the best of all time. Ljp, here is a gift from the Bears in recognition of your retirement durability. All the best”
~ MWPP

1613439948879.png

After a while I decided to return to see if the old-timers had gotten back on topic. Alas, they had not, but it eventually all culminated with KP chiming in with a summary of TFLUA-Tiger which eventually explained the connection to Ljp86 to me:
“TFLUA-Tiger was a bloke who adminned the league while simultaneously captaining a team, then he proceeded to sim his own team to the premiership and then introduce an award named after himself? Also merged two teams against the will of the players and bailed mid-season. Probably rightfully one of the few admins who will never get into the Hall of Fame.”
~ Kennedy Parker
“And I for one congratulate him on his 600th game.
Let's wrap this up and head off for beers.”
~ The Filth Wizard
“Basically he merged us with Southern Sharks to become Southern Dragons. We ended up supplying the team with 75% of the posters. That wasn't so much the issues as per the fact he announced it by posting a TEAM THREAD saying the teams had been merged and this was where we'd have our team thread for the next season. Didn't consult anyone, just literally posted a thread saying the teams were now merged.”
~ Pie 4 Life
“Ljp’s reaction to this was good.”
~ ClarkeM

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure that Ljp86 will be thrilled that TLFUA-Tiger got a plug in his00th game milestone thread. Luckily the elders then focused on Ljp86 himself.
1613439999599.png

“Incredible longevity is testimony to Ljp86's passion to the SFA whether it be Dragon match threads, SoO or his famed ladder and info posts that much of the league head to after a win. One must ponder if it really is his 600th game though. It just seemed like yesterday that the Dragons hailed his 400th only for our hero to kick all and sundry in the balls/snatch.”
~ Dingster

1613440031810.png

“Ljp does massive work for the league that is quite underrated really. He has been doing the ladders, stats and results as long as I have been here and has not missed a beat at all. An absolute legend of the league really.
I don't see him banter too much, but I have liked the odd match thread snipe he has thrown my way.”
~ NaturalDisaster
“You can set a watch to Ljp86. In the 16 seasons I've been here you know you're getting two things on a Sunday night... a Dragons match thread report and the ladder. I did all of my leadership apprenticeship with Ljp as an S17 VC and S18 co-captain and when he handed me the keys for the Dragons in S19 we were able to introduce a new generation for the Dragons and in a way the league and while I think it went against his more stoic "traditional" Sweet FA views (compared to mine) he went along for the ride.
600 games is extraordinary. I've tried to pick off as many milestones as I can, but I can't see anyone catching Ljp. Lucky for him he started in the league as a 5 year old.”
~ The Filth Wizard
“There is no better way to reflect on reliability and quality than to speak about Ljp86. Whether it is his contributions to the running of the league, playing the game itself, presentation of what is going on in the league or general posting, you can rely on it being top of the shelf stuff. Even in his 27th season you can tell he is still rather invested in the league. Becoming the first player to tick over to 600 games is a remarkable effort and to remain an active presence for that length of time is special. I had the great honour of playing with Ljp86 for 6 of what will be 27 seasons. If you want to learn from the best, Ljp86 is at the top of the list to learn from. The all-time great.
Congratulations on 600 games, Ljp86.
Long may he play.”
~ Hate
“Ljp86 or as he is more widely known as "Harvs" is one the most under appreciated posters and players in the league. Somehow despite showing as much contempt for the modern posting spamfest as humanly possible, whilst pining for the days before "lol nice melt" considered pinnacle banter, Harvs has managed to continue to exist and contribute in the league longer than anybody else. Whilst his contemporaries and sparring partners of yesteryears have vanished, only turn up every now and then to claim they want to be admin again, Harvs has moved forward with the new generation and continues to carve out his niche in the league.
Harvs (the nickname is now redundant due to him having won a flag) was one of my greatest adversaries in this league, but he was at the same time a true friend. Say what you want but Harvs is one of the true greats of the SFA and if it wasn't for yours truly he may be considered the GOAT.
My greatest disappointment was we never got to see Harvs run the league in his own image as Admin, I should have given him the role over Okeyjoke and it is perhaps my only error in what was otherwise a glorious and flawless period in the league.
Congrats on 600 games Harvs and here's to 6000 more.”
~ boncer34

Well there you go. Ljp86 has certainly gained a mountain of respect from the Sweet FA community during his time here. Thank you all for your kind comments, and let's hope the mighty Dragons can get the win this weekend to put the icing on the cake. Go Ljp86! :thumbsu:

View attachment 1916381

Yesterday I’m sure you all saw Pie 4 Life ’s thread explaining that Ljp86 would be playing his 600th game this week, and that to celebrate this we would be putting together a range of media pieces as part of “Ljp86 Week”.
With the momentous milestone looming, I thought I’d hit the streets of Sweet to find out what people think of the great man. I started off in the neighbourhood where my S29 buddies hang out, in the hope of some pearls of wisdom and maybe an interesting anecdote or two.
1613439443445.png

“I know almost nothing about him! I've pieced together that he is some sort of SFA pioneer and as such is revered, So I guess he is important.”
~ GWS Goose

1613439478277.png

“He is a Dragon legend and one of the SFA greats. His commitment to qooty is nothing short of outstanding.”
~ GremioPower
~ Riviat

1613439512916.png

~ Chipmunk

1613439531735.png

“Handy with a bazooka. Also seems like one of the nicest people in the SFA. Does a sh*t ton of behind the scenes stuff and consistently gives an encouraging post at the end of any match his team is a part of.”
~ Tonga Bob

1613439555582.png

“Three things in life are guaranteed; death, taxes and some incredibly interesting facts whenever Ljp86 posts.”
~ Bastyy

Well I guess I didn’t get stabbed or robbed, so that venture was a win. Ljp86 is clearly revered by the younger brigade, but if I want to get some information out of the people who really know the guy, I was going to have to track down some of the older demographic. Luckily the weekly pension had just been given out in Sweet, so many of the elders were outside and looking to buy lotto tickets and mothballs.
1613439581122.png

“Retire already.”
~ Tarkyn_24

1613439602588.png

“Who?
~ ClarkeM
“The best part about all of this will be that he can post a 600+ game thread and poor Headless won't be allowed in.”
~ Hate
~ boncer34
“Get TFLUA in. I think he was the one who merged the Sharks and Dragons much to Ljp’s dismay.”
~ ClarkeM

So began a rather in-depth discussion about TFLUA-Tiger, and very few comments on Ljp86’s career. I had absolutely no idea what was going on, and was beginning to think that they misunderstood my query. After patiently waiting for the veterans to finish up their grand tales of the past, I left them to mutter among themselves for a moment when I saw several members of the SFA Committee loitering on the other side of the street.
1613439642346.png

I'm particularly fond of how you generally pop into a thread after hours, quote some stuff about the qooty match and/or revving up your teammates, then sign off with a
Also a big thank you for all the stats work and many contributions you’ve made to the league over the years.
Vein xo”
~ antonio BlueVein

1613439667604.png

“Congratulations on a fine qooty achievement and thanks for all the hard work you put into the weekly stats.”
~ Cadsky

1613439687702.png

“Ljp86 is one of the institutions of Sweet FA, diligently posting ladders every week for far longer than many of us have been involved in the league. He has also been a quiet but passionate supporter of Southern Dragons/Dragons FFC and Western Australia for a very long time.
Thanks Ljp86 for everything you do and congratulations on being the first player in Sweet FA history to play 600 games.”
~ Barrybran

1613439717847.png

“Even contemplating someone playing 600 games is a daunting thought. I feel like I've been part of the SFA forever, but this legend of the competition has played more than 3 times as many games as I have. Well done Ljp86: truly extraordinary.”
~ philreich

1613439740133.png

“I always wondered why Ljp86 posted very methodically in match threads, and then I realised he'd played just an insane amount of games and would no doubt have driven himself quite mad.
His ladders are good and the use of colour in some ladders of late - while unnerving - has shown that an old dog can be taught new tricks.
~ manangatang

1613439763943.png

~ Agent93

1613439788931.png

I'm sure that having a veteran that has played over 450 games that isn't at the Roys is a breach of the league rules somehow, but we'll overlook that for now. We genuinely appreciate all the work he does around the place, the ladder, stats, helping with fixtures.
And while these days he quietly goes about his business, in the early days of the league he was one of the trailblazers who pushed the place forward to the vibrant community it is today.
Congratulations on the huge milestone, well done and apologies in advance for the loss this weekend...
PS. Roys sign Ljp86 !!!”
~ TedDougChris

1613439812732.png

“Big game Ljp86!!
A tough match up against the Roys who've shown to be one of the competition best clubs over the past few seasons. You'll need to step it up a gear in front of the home fans this week and come out firing early.
Go Ljp!!
Congrats on five hundred mate, stellar effort, has been a pleasure watching you work in the comparatively brief time I've been in the comp. Thank you for your ongoing contribution and dedication to the league, you are an ornament to the game, in that one day the Dragons will stuff you and pop you in pride of place on their mantlepiece. It's been a pleasure working closely with you for WA in the State of Origin these past few years, and as much as it pains me as the Warriors skipper, wishing you and your Dragons well and hope you salute this weekend.
Enjoy a well earned bush chook after the game on me, you've earned it. :thumbsu:
~ TheInjuryFactory

1613439872096.png

“Congratulations to Ljp86 on completing and maintaining an internet connection for 600 games- a fine achievement. After 600 games @ 100 minutes a game, what more could be achieved in 50,000 minutes? He is best known and recognised for his consistent and outstanding contributions in the ladder thread complete with headlines and summaries, and offering congratulations to his dragons teammates after wins and milestones. We also have fond recent memories of playing for WA alongside him in SoO. He is a pure, non-nonsense qooty player who plays to his strengths in this era of hyperactivity and is arguably the best of all time. Ljp, here is a gift from the Bears in recognition of your retirement durability. All the best”
~ MWPP

1613439948879.png

After a while I decided to return to see if the old-timers had gotten back on topic. Alas, they had not, but it eventually all culminated with KP chiming in with a summary of TFLUA-Tiger which eventually explained the connection to Ljp86 to me:
“TFLUA-Tiger was a bloke who adminned the league while simultaneously captaining a team, then he proceeded to sim his own team to the premiership and then introduce an award named after himself? Also merged two teams against the will of the players and bailed mid-season. Probably rightfully one of the few admins who will never get into the Hall of Fame.”
~ Kennedy Parker
~ The Filth Wizard
“Basically he merged us with Southern Sharks to become Southern Dragons. We ended up supplying the team with 75% of the posters. That wasn't so much the issues as per the fact he announced it by posting a TEAM THREAD saying the teams had been merged and this was where we'd have our team thread for the next season. Didn't consult anyone, just literally posted a thread saying the teams were now merged.”
~ Pie 4 Life
~ ClarkeM

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure that Ljp86 will be thrilled that TLFUA-Tiger got a plug in his00th game milestone thread. Luckily the elders then focused on Ljp86 himself.
1613439999599.png

“Incredible longevity is testimony to Ljp86's passion to the SFA whether it be Dragon match threads, SoO or his famed ladder and info posts that much of the league head to after a win. One must ponder if it really is his 600th game though. It just seemed like yesterday that the Dragons hailed his 400th only for our hero to kick all and sundry in the balls/snatch.”
~ Dingster

1613440031810.png

“Ljp does massive work for the league that is quite underrated really. He has been doing the ladders, stats and results as long as I have been here and has not missed a beat at all. An absolute legend of the league really.
I don't see him banter too much, but I have liked the odd match thread snipe he has thrown my way.”
~ NaturalDisaster
“You can set a watch to Ljp86. In the 16 seasons I've been here you know you're getting two things on a Sunday night... a Dragons match thread report and the ladder. I did all of my leadership apprenticeship with Ljp as an S17 VC and S18 co-captain and when he handed me the keys for the Dragons in S19 we were able to introduce a new generation for the Dragons and in a way the league and while I think it went against his more stoic "traditional" Sweet FA views (compared to mine) he went along for the ride.
600 games is extraordinary. I've tried to pick off as many milestones as I can, but I can't see anyone catching Ljp. Lucky for him he started in the league as a 5 year old.”
~ The Filth Wizard
“There is no better way to reflect on reliability and quality than to speak about Ljp86. Whether it is his contributions to the running of the league, playing the game itself, presentation of what is going on in the league or general posting, you can rely on it being top of the shelf stuff. Even in his 27th season you can tell he is still rather invested in the league. Becoming the first player to tick over to 600 games is a remarkable effort and to remain an active presence for that length of time is special. I had the great honour of playing with Ljp86 for 6 of what will be 27 seasons. If you want to learn from the best, Ljp86 is at the top of the list to learn from. The all-time great.
Long may he play.”
~ Hate
“Ljp86 or as he is more widely known as "Harvs" is one the most under appreciated posters and players in the league. Somehow despite showing as much contempt for the modern posting spamfest as humanly possible, whilst pining for the days before "lol nice melt" considered pinnacle banter, Harvs has managed to continue to exist and contribute in the league longer than anybody else. Whilst his contemporaries and sparring partners of yesteryears have vanished, only turn up every now and then to claim they want to be admin again, Harvs has moved forward with the new generation and continues to carve out his niche in the league.
Harvs (the nickname is now redundant due to him having won a flag) was one of my greatest adversaries in this league, but he was at the same time a true friend. Say what you want but Harvs is one of the true greats of the SFA and if it wasn't for yours truly he may be considered the GOAT.
My greatest disappointment was we never got to see Harvs run the league in his own image as Admin, I should have given him the role over Okeyjoke and it is perhaps my only error in what was otherwise a glorious and flawless period in the league.
~ boncer34

Well there you go. Ljp86 has certainly gained a mountain of respect from the Sweet FA community during his time here. Thank you all for your kind comments, and let's hope the mighty Dragons can get the win this weekend to put the icing on the cake. Go Ljp86! :thumbsu:
lmao yuppppppp

View attachment 1916381

1613439443445.png

~ GWS Goose

1613439478277.png

~ GremioPower
~ Riviat

1613439512916.png

~ Chipmunk

1613439531735.png

~ Tonga Bob

1613439555582.png

~ Bastyy

1613439581122.png

“Retire already.”
~ Tarkyn_24

1613439602588.png

“Who?
~ ClarkeM
~ Hate
~ boncer34
~ ClarkeM

1613439642346.png

Vein xo”
~ antonio BlueVein

1613439667604.png

~ Cadsky

1613439687702.png

~ Barrybran

1613439717847.png

~ philreich

1613439740133.png

~ manangatang

1613439763943.png

~ Agent93

1613439788931.png

PS. Roys sign Ljp86 !!!”
~ TedDougChris

1613439812732.png

“Big game Ljp86!!
Go Ljp!!
~ TheInjuryFactory

1613439872096.png

~ MWPP

1613439948879.png

~ Kennedy Parker
~ The Filth Wizard
~ Pie 4 Life
~ ClarkeM

1613439999599.png

~ Dingster

1613440031810.png

~ NaturalDisaster
~ The Filth Wizard
Long may he play.”
~ Hate
~ boncer34

Excellent content. Sublime choice to use janky Shoops when others resort to lazy AI images. 😍

Remove this Banner Ad

Back