Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Atalanta B.C
1708418586409.png

Ljp86 – A Magic story featuring Dragons

WELCOME TO LJP86 600 WEEK!

This week the Dragons and the Sweet FA competition as a whole celebrate a legend. The champion who becomes the first ever player to 600 games. You'll hear from his peers, remember his best ever games and find out what his teammates really think of him! But today, we're going to jump in the social-distanced time capsule and zoom back more than 18 years ago to where Ljp86 career all began. As the only one on the team around to remember the moment, it is up to me to try my best to remember exactly how it all went down... so I flicked back through the history books.

Prepare for a journey.

Rewind back to a May 18, 2005. A fresh-faced rookie who joined BigFooty just a month earlier entered an SFA Fantasy Football new player thread. Then-admin Deestroy was asking players to post there so captains might see and selected newbies to their sides.

I'll play for the West Coast team.

But alas, Deestroy was not just the admin, but the breaker of bad news…

At the moment without a captain the West Coast team will most likely cease to exist. Perhaps joining another team would be a better option (or finding a captain for the WCM!).

The determined West Coast fan was not going to give up that easily.

Has anyone offered to be captain for the West Coast Magic, cause we really need one and draft me while you're at it.

Except unfortunately for him, the there was no Magic in the league anymore.

maxresdefault.jpg

Dragons FC, a new team that had entered the league for the upcoming Season 5 were still on the lookout for new players. Then captain Pie 4 Life put out an appeal for players.

As I know that players have been delisted through clubs quiting or what not, they can come join the Dragons as we have lots more space. Please come and join we need 12 more recruits. Thankyou.

He did not have to wait long.

I'll play for the Dragons, Pie 4 Life.

1613346983830.jpeg

The Dragons enter Round 1 coming up against fellow side, the Bears

Dragons side for Round 1:
FB: Ljp86 Rocca_Flys_High J. Gallagher1#

HB: Power 21 mcphee_is_a_gun Brissy DeeFan

C: andrew embley Pie 4 Life F/D

HF: QuiKsILvA Stakerz Rozza44

F: rota69 Zeke Cat_Flying_High

R: Cuneyt brilliant pies Skooks

INT: Capitalist balmey21

Ljp86 is keen to get started, albeit in a back pocket as a late inclusion to the squad.

Can't wait for the season to start, going to be awesome and i get to make my debut.

Unfortunately the sim refused to acknowledge the youngster’s proper name, and late in the first quarter, Ljp86 was benched without a touch.

1 : 21.75 - CAPITALIST IS COMING ON TO REPLACE LPJ86.

In what would be the most fitting first touch for a player that would go on to break many records, Ljp … or should we say Lpj slotted a goal in the third quarter after returning to the field two minutes later.

3 : 24 - Lpj86 On The End Of This.
3 : 24.11 - Lpj86 From Thirty Metres.
3 : 24.22 - What A Goal.
Las Vagas Bears : 13.5.83
Dragons : 12.6.78

His next touch? Another goal.

4 : 10.61 - HE HANDPASSES TO LPJ86.
4 : 10.73 - LPJ86 HAS A SHOT AT GOAL.
4 : 10.85 - AND HE GETS IT.
LAS VAGAS BEARS : 13.7.85
DRAGONS : 14.6.90

After missing a chance at a third goal, the Bears had hit the front through a DaveW goal with two minutes left. In true Ljp86 fashion, he was having none of it, singlehandedly winning the ball from the middle and booting the winning goal.

LAS VAGAS BEARS : 14.10.94
DRAGONS : 14.8.92
4 : 22.55 - HOGGY GETS ONE HAND TO IT.
4 : 22.74 - WITH THE BALL IS EB_TIGER.
4 : 22.83 - HE'S BROUGHT DOWN BY LPJ86.
4 : 22.92 - ANDREW EMBLEY WITH A LITTLE SPACE.
4 : 23.01 - LONG HANDPASS TO THE RUNNING LPJ86.
4 : 23.1 - LONG HANDPASS TO THE RUNNING LPJ86.
4 : 23.19 - LPJ86 HAS A SHOT FROM FIFTY.
4 : 23.33 - STRAIGHT THROUGH THE CENTRE.
DRAGONS : 15.8.98

SIREN SOUNDS FOR THE END OF QUARTER 4
DRAGONS : 15.8.98

Ljp86 finished his debut game with five disposals – all kicks – and 3.1, playing just 49.52% of game game, and less than 28 per cent in the forward half.

The man, the myth and the would-be legend’s journey had begun. But not before correcting the sim:

Ok, just to clear something up, my name is Ljp86 not Lpj86.

Anyway, great win guys, good comeback at the end. Kicked three goals and the winning one, oh Yeah!!!!!!

His captain was happy…

This is the passage of play that won us the game!

And so was the man himself…

That Ljp86 sure is good.

Thus, the first of what would become 600 SFA games (and plenty more to be added) was in the books. Congratulations on 600 games Ljp86 !

Nice work, Greenery. :thumbsu:

Hard to believe there are still three people from that side still running around today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back