Remove this Banner Ad

May 8, 2011
loɔɐʇıou:
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Teams: Vic Country Vs NSW&ACT.

Location: Queen Elizabeth Oval in Bendigo, Wednesday 9th May.

Teams: TBA prior to Monday 9pm AEST.

Form: Vic Country took a little bt of time to get going in this tournament: a shock loss to Vic Metro and then a tight win over The Allies saw the draw open up for them and they've hit top form at the right time, as they search for their third State of Origin Championship in a row. For NSW&ACT a bright start against WA quickly dissipated as they failed to do the job in any of their subsequent games. The young SoO debutants have been overcome by more experienced teams and have lacked leadership at times.

Summary: This is a game that will mean very different things for the two teams. NSW&ACT will be going out to give their tournament a sheen of respectability by knocking off a contender and finishing with more than just one win. For Vic Country, they will be looking to grab their fabled three-peat by knocking off NSW&ACT and then waiting nervously for the night game between The Allies and Vic Metro. In order to win the Chmpionship, they need to win and hope there is either a draw down in Tasse or that the winner of that match ends up with a lower percentage than Country finish on. A thumping win here might well see Country lift the State Of Origin Trophy for a record equalling 3rd consecutive time. A loss will see them crash out. Clearly a lot will rest on this game.

Time to knuckle down and go for a huge win.

I wonder which team would be more incest, Allies or Country?

Considering the allies could have some tassie players in the team, there is your answer.

Massive game here Country let's get up here and get the three peat

Got a soft spot for the NSW&ACT team, as I grew up in Wauchope, NSW.

Best of luck fellas!

I ought to kick you in said soft spot!!

C'mon Counts, we're not only going to take this match, but the entire comp!! UP THE COUNTS!!!!

PS: hoping to not get hit by a ****ing tram/train this week :eek:

We have to play four quarters to win this.

Come on NSW/ACT.

tumblr_m337qbqg201r1j548o2_500.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ooh look 5 little cockroaches to tread on. .. You guys are lucky I'm playing on the Half forward flank rather than the engine room grinding your mids to dust ;)

Just make sure Tigland that after SOO you get surgery and be fit for round 1 of the real season.

Yeah cosmetic surgery takes a while to heal. ..

Ooh look 5 little cockroaches to tread on. .. You guys are lucky I'm playing on the Half forward flank rather than the engine room grinding your mids to dust ;)

Yeah cosmetic surgery takes a while to heal. ..

Looking forward to lining you up.:thumbsu:

good we are play at the QEO. This should be a comfortable win. The Allies will lose and we win again. Simple really.

I wouldn't be too confident! NSW/ACT are looking for redemption and you country hicks are first cab off the rank.

So how many half back flanks do you guys have?

I think they are going to be rotating them off the bench in order to keep up. .. Unlike country that could cover both forward flanks with just The Half Back. .. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back