Cancelled
Dec 16, 2008
Tigerland
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Miami Heat, Chicago Bears
Hey all,
Thought i'd get in early with next seasons main thread.

Why don't we just keep all the Div 1 talk to here, whether it be players comming or leaving, along with coaching appointments, best and fairest results etc etc as it's a pain in the backside to keep switching threads................

St KildaCity already recruiting hard, with a few well know players being courted by Richard. Should be interesting to see what they can bring to the table this year in terms of recruits.

Just a dirty rumour... Luke James back to Dogland with Simon Buckley (ex-Melb) to add pace to the mid-field. Could be way off but willing to take a punt.

Jay Bruno to win the league medal, Ridgway a close and deserving second.

Any player movements at St Kilda City???? Retirees? Delistings? Who are the ex Melb players on offer - Robertson,Wheatley,Whelan etc...

City a worthy premier this year, unbeaten. Not sure if this has occurred in SFL Div 1 before. Fitness and a basic game plan would make them an elite metro side.

Chelsea Heights did well to beat the doggies but having no week off may have harmed them in the big one.

St Pauls fought all year as they always do - outstanding year from Trav Ridgway who made a mockery of the SFL, outshining the best full forwards of recent times. IMO better than Cassett - at least this year anyway!

Hope you are all keeping well.

Just a dirty rumour... Luke James back to Dogland with Simon Buckley (ex-Melb) to add pace to the mid-field. Could be way off but willing to take a punt.

Jay Bruno to win the league medal, Ridgway a close and deserving second.

Any player movements at St Kilda City???? Retirees? Delistings? Who are the ex Melb players on offer - Robertson,Wheatley,Whelan etc...

City a worthy premier this year, unbeaten. Not sure if this has occurred in SFL Div 1 before. Fitness and a basic game plan would make them an elite metro side.

Chelsea Heights did well to beat the doggies but having no week off may have harmed them in the big one.

St Pauls fought all year as they always do - outstanding year from Trav Ridgway who made a mockery of the SFL, outshining the best full forwards of recent times. IMO better than Cassett - at least this year anyway!

Hope you are all keeping well.

Looks as though LJ will be playing in the SFL, but the real interest is to which club he plays with.

I think this year will be a big one with regards to recruiting.....Can only help raise the level of standard which is a good thing for the SFL.

Cousin Tiger said:
Looks as though LJ will be playing in the SFL, but the real interest is to which club he plays with.
Cousin Tiger said:

I think this year will be a big one with regards to recruiting.....Can only help raise the level of standard which is a good thing for the SFL.[/quote]

LJ signed at Cattani and is also taking on assistant coaching role!! Rumours Ridgway to follow him

Hey all,
Thought i'd get in early with next seasons main thread.

Why don't we just keep all the Div 1 talk to here, whether it be players comming or leaving, along with coaching appointments, best and fairest results etc etc as it's a pain in the backside to keep switching threads................

St Kilda City already recruiting hard, with a few well know players being courted by Richard. Should be interesting to see what they can bring to the table this year in terms of recruits.

Although there was 8-10 ready made recruits at our celebrations,
StKilda City have not & will not talk to any players until we complete our season/list review and see who will and wont be at the club, also we have the added pleasure of ensuring our juniors who are making the step fit into whatever plans we have
If any players quote stkilda city when you talk to them , they are only trying to raise the price
Chelsea would have been the highest recruiting club this year, Vlahov,Beasy,Bean,Uoanga,Turner,Ogier,Gilder,Norton,Rhyland fair players.

StKilda City have not & will not talk to any players until we complete our season/list review and see who will and wont be at the club, also we have the added pleasure of ensuring our juniors who are making the step fit into whatever plans we have
If any players quote stkilda city when you talk to them , they are only trying to raise the price
Chelsea would have been the highest recruiting club this year, Vlahov,Beasy,Bean,Uoanga,Turner,Ogier,Gilder,Norton,Rhyland fair players.

Chelsea paying the most Comment made by a goose.
i've got a forex trading

Cousin Tiger said:
Cousin Tiger said:
I think this year will be a big one with regards to recruiting.....Can only help raise the level of standard which is a good thing for the SFL.[/quote]

LJ signed at Cattani and is also taking on assistant coaching role!! Rumours Ridgway to follow him

Haha you have no idea mate.........talking about Ridgway.

James could go anywhere, although it's very likely he is either Cattani or SFL

Thats a load of @#$% and you know it. Houston has been planting the seeds all year with potential recruits.

Thats a load of @#$% and you know it. Houston has been planting the seeds all year with potential recruits.

Clubs beware Rod is sniffing around has made a few calls i hear...
He called one bloke 12 times in 2 days... restraining order required
So city are on the move again so much for the kids comming up...

How does everyone think Heatherton will go next year.

Are they going to retain the same side, or lose a few as usually happens when you win a flag.

How long will Clayton stay in Div 2 for? I'm guessing just the year.

How does everyone think Heatherton will go next year.

Are they going to retain the same side, or lose a few as usually happens when you win a flag.

How long will Clayton stay in Div 2 for? I'm guessing just the year.

Heatherton have at least 3 good players leaving as for Clayton they will stik around Div for at least 2 years
By the way, you have to check found managed forex trading

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard a whisper that Nick Sautner might be at St Puals next year

heard something like that as well, fair pick up if true, heard a couple other sandy names dropped as well, the head coach of doggies, was he involved at sandy when they won all the flags?

heard something like that as well, fair pick up if true, heard a couple other sandy names dropped as well, the head coach of doggies, was he involved at sandy when they won all the flags?[/quote]

Not sure how long he had been there, but was Sandy Reserves coach for the last few years.

Sautner would definately be a great get.

He was there, but didnt play. 0 kicks 0 handballs

2 kicks,2 marks, 6 handballs in half a game,
played his role, sacrificied his own game for team
from the outside he was judged harshly but internally he did what was required, great result for him after 20 years.

You forgot the critical numbers B2B.
1 moonwalk, 15 struts, 2L of oil, 50gms hair product, 23 insults to opposition and 1 very VERY awkward and embarassing moment of self-indulgence on the dais where the tumbleweed rolled across Newcomen Rd and you could actually hear crickets at 5pm in the afternoon!!
I think the more pertinent achievement was that he actually lasted 2 (well.... 1.5) years at the one club.
Congratulations Johnny - one of natures true ... ahem.... journeymen.

St Kilda City fishing in their favourite recruiting pond, Port Colts.

Danny Jacobs, Chrissy Brennan and two others headed to the Penut Farm in 2010.

St Kilda City fishing in their favourite recruiting pond, Port Colts.

Danny Jacobs, Chrissy Brennan and two others headed to the Penut Farm in 2010.

Whether this is true or not, I think that Richard would get alot more credit and respect as a coach if he were to achieve something with a home grown list rather than imports like he has in the past.

If St Kilda City were to win a flag next year with 5 or 6 of this years Colts (who went through undefeated), it would to me, be a hell of a lot more satisfying than bringing in another batch of players who are in essence mercanaries.

This would also dispel the theory that he is a shite coach, an opinion that I myself hold after listening to him at thw quarter time breaks over the past few seasons and standing behind his coaching bench on a few occasions.

As someone who is obviously acutely aware of his public perception and the stigma that he brings, by taking the youth route, he could not only improve his standing in the game, but also in the minds of local footy watchers.

Just my two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back