SFNL Division 1 2024 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw Cheltenham and St Paul's games at weekend, big difference in game plans. Both games I enjoyed but lights at McKinnon on Tucker Rd side a bit average. Pick from both games was the speed. BTW Bentleigh have a bit of improvement in them. Won't challenge top 4 but will win games.

Saw Cheltenham and St Paul's games at weekend, big difference in game plans. Both games I enjoyed but lights at McKinnon on Tucker Rd side a bit average. Pick from both games was the speed. BTW Bentleigh have a bit of improvement in them. Won't challenge top 4 but will win games.
MCKinnon is not a great ground to watch footy

5 from 5 last week.
This week winners

Bentleigh
Cheltenham
St Paul's
Vampires

Port
5 for me as well….felt it was a reasonably easy round although Chelsea Hts almost / should’ve caused an upset!
This round some really good games….only certainty would be Port Colts, all the others could go either way.

Bentleigh (home ground)

Cheltenham (hard to tip against)

St Paul’s (Cranny will take time to gel)

Peninsula All Stars (my smoky…..classy unit)

Port Colts (Mordy in a world of trouble)

What a as the big difference in the game plans ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What a as the big difference in the game plans ?

Caught most of the game. St Paul's were incredibly clean by foot and picked Bentleigh apart in that aspect, always looked for the 20m inboard kick. You can tell a lot of these guys have played seniors together for years. Helps having blokes like Kreymborg pulling on the boots every weekend. Should be playing finals but lack of 2s depth could cost them in winter.

Bentleigh looked to be handball receive at any opportunity. It worked for the most part but poor kicking when it mattered costed them. Definite improvement on last year however. Will cause upsets.

Lights weren't great but it's always a great occasion, rooms were packed after the game.

Bentleigh 3-4 goals
Cheltenham 5-6 goals, dingley impressive though
St Paul's 1 goal, could go either way
Springvale in a close one
Colts will blow away Mordi

5 for me as well….felt it was a reasonably easy round although Chelsea Hts almost / should’ve caused an upset!
This round some really good games….only certainty would be Port Colts, all the others could go either way.

Bentleigh (home ground)

Cheltenham (hard to tip against)

St Paul’s (Cranny will take time to gel)

Peninsula All Stars (my smoky…..classy unit)

Port Colts (Mordy in a world of trouble)

Agree with all except vampires v Springvale
EB probably 6-8 goal worse of side this year than last year so be very surprised if they they challenge top division one teams

Agree with all except vampires v Springvale
EB probably 6-8 goal worse of side this year than last year so be very surprised if they they challenge top division one teams
Geez Fink thought you would have more confidence.

Who have you realistically lost? Semmell x 2….who else?

Picked up Backman, Bennet, Hutchinson, Forrest, Dennon.

Think your ins outweigh the outgoings by a fair bit!

I hope they go well but I should have stated available side for this week isn’t as strong as last year’s side
From their premiership side 9 aren’t playing this week and a couple of their recruits as well
Ill be a happy man if im wrong

And nowhere elevated , shocker top play cricket on as well
I think there’s a few grounds in that area that I think are not the best but it could be worse it could be soccer been played on these grounds .
Mind you one the bad grounds down that area has improved down at Ormond apparently they have a professional down there marking up the main ground now I think they got rid of the Old know it all Goose that used to mark it .
The ground used to look like someone had been on the Gas and eating Tim Tams while watching the Thunderbirds.

Weekend findings
Mordi in all sorts , good luck playing fullback on Bellchambers, districts well coached with good structure, Chelt solid , stpauls are the real deal , Chelsea need to work in their outside game (Tappy is a star )

Weekend findings
Mordi in all sorts , good luck playing fullback on Bellchambers, districts well coached with good structure, Chelt solid , stpauls are the real deal , Chelsea need to work in their outside game (Tappy is a star )

Wait till Mordi plays Chelt

(Log in to remove this ad.)

41 player Interleague squad announced. Who will commit? Who will end up playing? Greg Tivendale

Andrew Walker - Bentleigh

Luke Tapscott - Chelsea Heights

Alec McComb - Cheltenham

Austin Johnson - Cheltenham

Dylan Weickhardt - Cheltenham

Jack Lonie - Cheltenham

Jacob Edwards - Cheltenham

Luke Verma - Cheltenham

Nicholas Burke - Cheltenham

Ollie Moran - Cheltenham

Sam Dunell - Cheltenham

Sam Hayes - Cheltenham

Brandon Osborne - Cranbourne

Jarryd Barker - Cranbourne

Michael Boland - Cranbourne

Nicholas Darbyshire - Cranbourne

Zak Roscoe - Cranbourne

Alexander Windhager - Dingley

Caleb Lewis - Dingley

Jackson Peet - Dingley

Kai Stretton - Dingley

Kristen Feehan - Dingley

Lucas Walmsley - Dingley

Trent Dennis-Lane - Dingley

Cale Love-Linay - East Brighton

Kyle Hutchison - East Brighton

Sean Downie - East Brighton

Isaac Morrisby - East Malvern

Thomas McCarthy - Highett

Dareo Rogers - Murrumbeena

Todd Elton - Murrumbeena

Justin Taylor - Port Melbourne Colts

Michael Hibberd - Port Melbourne Colts

Tom Bellchambers - Port Melbourne Colts

Daniel Helmore - Springvale Districts

Toby Arms - Springvale Districts

Brayden O'Toole - St Paul's McKinnon

Harrison Hunt - St Paul's McKinnon

Kye Beveridge - St Paul's McKinnon

Matthew Kreymborg - St Paul's McKinnon

Nicholas Stathopoulos - St Paul's McKinnon

Re interleague: Do players actually care about it? Or would they rather the week off/or play a normal H&A game instead? Genuinely curious...

I think we all know the answer to that already. No $$$$. In a bygone era being selected to represent your league was the pinnacle for most

Yeah I understand this. Although I've never really seen the hype for repping your league... State on the other hand be different.

I think we all know the answer to that already. No $$$$. In a bygone era being selected to represent your league was the pinnacle for most

Don’t think it’s just about the money like you think. Once the season is motoring those weeks off can be a god send to have off and freshen up the legs. Especially if you’re chasing a flag. I remember being previously involved and they did a metro carnival type day at Ikon park in the pre season. Seemed to work well then, early in the year. Better weather was a good day out

Don’t think it’s just about the money like you think. Once the season is motoring those weeks off can be a god send to have off and freshen up the legs. Especially if you’re chasing a flag. I remember being previously involved and they did a metro carnival type day at Ikon park in the pre season. Seemed to work well then, early in the year. Better weather was a good day out

No Lamb or Corp is a bit of a surprise, wouldn't you say?

No Lamb or Corp is a bit of a surprise, wouldn't you say?

Yeah could’ve potentially been named for sure. But I imagine there’s plenty that were unlucky. I hardly know anybody on that list to be fair, so not really qualified to comment

Weekend findings:
Cranbourne look to be done. 3 uncompetitive games in a row. I know Holt is gone but was there anyone else who has jumped ship or know what's going on? Lack of motivation? Age? Coach? Lose to Dingley next week and will be very hard to make finals from 0-4.
Bentleigh will cause upsets. If they can take a big scalp soon I think that will do them wonders.
Hard to get a read on East Brighton. I'd probably put them around Bentleigh's level. Will fill those 6-7 spots and could crack the top 5 if they get a run on.
The sooner round 18 ends for Mordi the better. Significantly worse than last year. By all accounts seem like a toxic place to be in at the moment.

Hoping the ANZAC day match is a competitive contest but otherwise looking forward to Cranbourne V Dingley.

Weekend findings:
Cranbourne look to be done. 3 uncompetitive games in a row. I know Holt is gone but was there anyone else who has jumped ship or know what's going on? Lack of motivation? Age? Coach? Lose to Dingley next week and will be very hard to make finals from 0-4.
Bentleigh will cause upsets. If they can take a big scalp soon I think that will do them wonders.
Hard to get a read on East Brighton. I'd probably put them around Bentleigh's level. Will fill those 6-7 spots and could crack the top 5 if they get a run on.
The sooner round 18 ends for Mordi the better. Significantly worse than last year. By all accounts seem like a toxic place to be in at the moment.

Hoping the ANZAC day match is a competitive contest but otherwise looking forward to Cranbourne V Dingley.
They lost Dickson to rosebud

Weekend findings:

Looks like Cheltenham, St Paul’s and Dingley you could say would be a lock for finals….almost Port Colts but have worries about their fitness / leg speed on the bigger grounds.
Springy and Peninsula All Stars to battle for last spot in the finals. Yep, Cranny are done…will finish probably 7th - 9th with a battle between Bentleigh and Chelsea.
Mordy would be lucky to win a game in D2.
Anyone hear the news Narre Warren will come across next year? If so how will D1 look?

Weekend findings:

Toxic?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back