Greg Tivendale

All Australian
Aug 5, 2013
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Miami Heat, QPR, Chicago Blackhawks
2022 is done and dusted. Well done to Cranny, commiserations to Chelt. Both would have deserved to hold the cup up but only one team can when all is said and done.

Looking ahead to season 2023, be good to see what coaches/players are sticking around and if any new recruits are already confirmed.

Caddy signed as playing coach to Port Colts brings in fresh AFL experience and will be huge for them.

Jason Heffernan locked in to coach St Pauls again in 2023.

2022 is done and dusted. Well done to Cranny, commiserations to Chelt. Both would have deserved to hold the cup up but only one team can when all is said and done.

Looking ahead to season 2023, be good to see what coaches/players are sticking around and if any new recruits are already confirmed.

Caddy signed as playing coach to Port Colts brings in fresh AFL experience and will be huge for them.

Jason Heffernan locked in to coach St Pauls again in 2023.
Dingley announced Zach Horsely as coach, looks to be a relatively young guy. Anyone know about him?
Any whispers of Narre coming into the league?

Josh Caddy to Port Colts
Hearing a few ex tigers playing to follow
Good for the league I guess

Hearing former Saint pick #24 to join Tapscott at Chelsea Heights next year
Nathan Wright?? Already been announced . Hasn’t played for a few years . Was going to play Sorrento with Luke Tapscott a couple of years back .
Won’t be cheap , will want decent coin.

2023 DIVISIONAL STRUCTURE CHANGES

Division 1 – Chelsea Heights have been promoted.

Division 2 – Both Black Rock & Murrumbeena have been promoted, East Malvern coming down.

Division 3 – Both Lyndhurst & Frankston Dolphins have been promoted, Heatherton coming down.

Division 4 – South Yarra coming down.

Hallam FNC have left the SFNL to join the Outer East FNL, we wish them all the best.

We would like to welcome “Heatherhill FC” who will be a start-up club, entering the Thirds competition for 2023.

Entry for Women’s, Thirds & Under 19’s will be called for in the new year in due course…..

No real shocks here. Frankston and Beena both should be coming up. Do wonder if Sandown have any plans of coming back into the big boys league anytime soon? Where is Heatherhill located?

Attachments

• 77A99E63-6530-43CB-BE19-BEAABD3E0452.jpeg
    77A99E63-6530-43CB-BE19-BEAABD3E0452.jpeg
    118.9 KB · Views: 1,530
2023 DIVISIONAL STRUCTURE CHANGES

Division 1 – Chelsea Heights have been promoted.

Division 2 – Both Black Rock & Murrumbeena have been promoted, East Malvern coming down.

Division 3 – Both Lyndhurst & Frankston Dolphins have been promoted, Heatherton coming down.

Division 4 – South Yarra coming down.

Hallam FNC have left the SFNL to join the Outer East FNL, we wish them all the best.

We would like to welcome “Heatherhill FC” who will be a start-up club, entering the Thirds competition for 2023.

Entry for Women’s, Thirds & Under 19’s will be called for in the new year in due course…..

No real shocks here. Frankston and Beena both should be coming up. Do wonder if Sandown have any plans of coming back into the big boys league anytime soon? Where is Heatherhill located?
Assuming it is the same Heatherhill, but there is cricket club called Heatherhill Cricket Club that play at Bruce Park in Frankston (Frankston Rovers Junior FC ground), so think that might be the club??
Frankston Rovers always been a pretty strong junior club.

Assuming it is the same Heatherhill, but there is cricket club called Heatherhill Cricket Club that play at Bruce Park in Frankston (Frankston Rovers Junior FC ground), so think that might be the club??
Frankston Rovers always been a pretty strong junior club.

It is. Interesting reading about them today

Not affiliated with Frankston Rovers

Strong connection to Frankston Bombers. President and secretary are from there.

Idea is participation for people who just wanna play footy. Footy on the Peninsula is actually becoming "too good" and too involved for a lot of people and leaving them behind. There's people who just want to play footy but maybe aren't that good and/or don't want to commit all the time to it. They're being left behind in the area and lost to the game.

They wanna play Friday nights to also cater for players who work Saturdays.

They're putting a team in the thirds and doesn't sound like they're really that keen to progress to a full club and Saturday footy.

But you'd think in time it'll happen if they're successful and get good numbers.

It is. Interesting reading about them today

Not affiliated with Frankston Rovers

Strong connection to Frankston Bombers. President and secretary are from there.

Idea is participation for people who just wanna play footy. Footy on the Peninsula is actually becoming "too good" and too involved for a lot of people and leaving them behind. There's people who just want to play footy but maybe aren't that good and/or don't want to commit all the time to it. They're being left behind in the area and lost to the game.

They wanna play Friday nights to also cater for players who work Saturdays.

They're putting a team in the thirds and doesn't sound like they're really that keen to progress to a full club and Saturday footy.

But you'd think in time it'll happen if they're successful and get good numbers.
You would think that playing at Rovers home ground it would be only natural that in time players will progress there from the junior club.
Interesting that it is for players who want a social kick etc as the MPNFL doesn’t cater for a Thirds or Social Comp. I’m sure there could be some of the stronger teams with plethora of numbers eg: YCW, Langwarrin who could potentially field a Thirds team, but something the MPNFL choose not to pursue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Won’t Happen the as the egos from VAFA and SFNL clubs won’t let it happen.
EG: I see Bomber or Dumb Ass whoever you speak to from any part of Victoria as he is well known everywhere has his club Ormond in Division 1 and has Edithvale/Aspendale in Division 2 well put it this way Edithvale/Aspendale could give there players Laxatives before the game and still win by 10 goals +.
Have a think about things Bomber and think what is best for the game not best for your club we arnt in the old days of A grade VAFA with Mike Macaffer Allen coaching where guys were on good coin after the game where they may kick a bag of goals or get 40+ possessions a game by skulling a beer and hoping on 1 leg around the table and back.
Calm Down Golden Girls GIF by TV Land

EG: I see Bomber or Dumb Ass whoever you speak to from any part of Victoria as he is well known everywhere has his club Ormond in Division 1 and has Edithvale/Aspendale in Division 2 well put it this way Edithvale/Aspendale could give there players Laxatives before the game and still win by 10 goals +.
Have a think about things Bomber and think what is best for the game not best for your club we arnt in the old days of A grade VAFA with Mike Macaffer Allen coaching where guys were on good coin after the game where they may kick a bag of goals or get 40+ possessions a game by skulling a beer and hoping on 1 leg around the table and back.

He replies many times on Twitter that the divisions shouldn’t be taken seriously, just a guess really.

I think you are overestimating Edi Asp (who finished bottom and got related this year) and underestimating the VAFA . It is extremely difficult to judge relative strength of different competitions. While not a perfect measure, pre-season games are about the only rough guide we have. Ormond (mid table C grade ammos) flogged an SFL Div. 1 finalist in a practice game. I seem to recall Beaumaris, (B grade ammo’s) similarly slaughtered an SFL grand finalist. And going back a year or two Mordy (who are going like a busted at the moment) rolled Edi-Asp comfortably (2019 maybe?).

Would Ormond beat Edi-Asp? Maybe not but it would be a close run thing. However agree EA should start in Div1 . Also East Malvern in Div. 3! I know they stunk it up in SFL Div. 1 this year but Div. 3?

While it will never happen – I’d be tipping a Bonbeach V Beaumaris Div.1 GF and then daylight to the rest.

I think you are overestimating Edi Asp (who finished bottom and got related this year) and underestimating the VAFA . It is extremely difficult to judge relative strength of different competitions. While not a perfect measure, pre-season games are about the only rough guide we have. Ormond (mid table C grade ammos) flogged an SFL Div. 1 finalist in a practice game. I seem to recall Beaumaris, (B grade ammo’s) similarly slaughtered an SFL grand finalist. And going back a year or two Mordy (who are going like a busted at the moment) rolled Edi-Asp comfortably (2019 maybe?).

Would Ormond beat Edi-Asp? Maybe not but it would be a close run thing. However agree EA should start in Div1 . Also East Malvern in Div. 3! I know they stunk it up in SFL Div. 1 this year but Div. 3?

While it will never happen – I’d be tipping a Bonbeach V Beaumaris Div.1 GF and then daylight to the rest.
There is always going to be anomalies and controversy with hypothetical set ups. What I’m curious about is where is Chelsea? After all Chel Hts, Bonbeach and Carrum PL are all listed (further south) but no seagulls.
Where does it also leave clubs on the edge of this new leagues supposed boundaries eg: Skye?
What about reigning premiers Cranbourne?

Dingley announced Zach Horsely as coach, looks to be a relatively young guy. Anyone know about him?
Any whispers of Narre coming into the league?
Zach started his coaching back in 2015 coaching CPL reserves, from there moved to Frankston bombers where he first coached the under 19s then progressing to reserves and finally full time assistant coach to Beau Muston. He also coach in the Afl next gen academy.

What happened at Crimebourne, coach got the ass or what.???

Any other gossip from other clubs. Hear Bentleigh going to very active in trade this year. Will struggle to hold on to both 19's sides players, ammoe's on the prowl. Could it be a club on the other side of North Rd known for pouching SFL clubs.

What happened at Crimebourne, coach got the ass or what.???

Any other gossip from other clubs. Hear Bentleigh going to very active in trade this year. Will struggle to hold on to both 19's sides players, ammoe's on the prowl. Could it be a club on the other side of North Rd known for pouching SFL clubs.
From what I was told they wanted him to commit for a roughly 4 more years and get heavily involved in there junior programs and he didn’t know if he wanted that commitment and have the time for seniors and juniors

Remove this Banner Ad

Back