SNFL Div 3 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

if div 3 and 4 merge you'd need to move a couple up to div 3 and have an uneven fixture. top of div 3 and bottom of div 4 are poles apart.

if div 3 and 4 merge you'd need to move a couple up to div 3 and have an uneven fixture. top of div 3 and bottom of div 4 are poles apart.
If you had 14 in a div 3, could you go top 6? Each team plays each other once and then the last 5-6 rounds the top 8-10 teams compete for finals while the bottom 4 odd teams just round robin to finish the season? In theory I think it's a good idea but very hard to actually make happen.

I think more teams in finals for a bigger division would be great but the difference between the top and bottom sides would be big

If you had 14 in a div 3, could you go top 6? Each team plays each other once and then the last 5-6 rounds the top 8-10 teams compete for finals while the bottom 4 odd teams just round robin to finish the season? In theory I think it's a good idea but very hard to actually make happen.

I think more teams in finals for a bigger division would be great but the difference between the top and bottom sides would

I think more teams in finals for a bigger division would be great but the difference between the top and bottom sides would be big

Why do we need mini finals series before the finals? Not every year has to be fair for every team. If you arent good enough to make finals you come back next year and try again. If you are well off finals and getting belted every week then change something, stop trying to hide bottom teams from versing top sides just so nobody gets their feelings hurt and stop playing.

Black rock coming back down a division.

I am a city follower and supporter.

But rumours are a few old heads heading down to black rock to be with the hoy boys
Black Rock just don’t learn 2022 - old boys win flag go up a Div and they leave club
2023 - thrashed each week in Div 2
2024 - back down to Div 3 and call up old boys to play again.

Bloody stupid

Black Rock just don’t learn 2022 - old boys win flag go up a Div and they leave club
2023 - thrashed each week in Div 2
2024 - back down to Div 3 and call up old boys to play again.

Bloody stupid
Says something about the club to be honest!
Have won 3 x D3 flags in the last 20 years and lasted no more than 2 seasons each time they have gone up.
Same rotating cycle will occur if they go down this road again.

Have won 3 x D3 flags in the last 20 years and lasted no more than 2 seasons each time they have gone up.
Rather be winning flags going up. Then being mid table year after year in div 3 not improving.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone has idea why the Lyndhurst coach got the kick? Not related or got anything to do with them.

Div 2 a different beast. Most teams with Juniors, U/19s 3rds makes it tough for any team with only Seniors/reserves. Black Rock have started Juniors which Rome wasn’t built in a day. Hopefully keep being strong in Div 3 until the foundations are in place to go up and stay up.

Well said fanatic..plenty of interest in BR as a destination club, but any suggestion that they are automatically old blokes is absolute crap..

not going to get much out of it here. my guess is club needed a change in direction
Interesting. I thought winning a flag should be enough and they were very close to finish top 4 this year. Good luck to the new coach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back