SNFL Div 3 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I follow a Gippsland League team and Sumner could not have been less impressive for Warragul this year, played there under coach Jed Lamb who he played with at Carlton. He came in after Nick Graham was there the previous year & Graham had a really impressive 2022. Warragul's was a very young side needing someone to show the way and set standards which he absolutely didn't. Looked slow and disinterested each time I saw him, definitely wasn't outworking even fringe senior footballers. Probably explains him changing clubs every year or two. Spent more time going back and forth with guys over the fence about how many AFL games they had played.

Hope that he puts in more for his new club or that they aren't expecting him to be the difference.

2023 averages of 12.3 disposals at 53% efficiency, 1.5 i50s, 1.4 clearances, 2.1 tackles, 0.3 goals per game. Most of his stats were worse than league averages... If anyone wants it, more details available https://stats.isports.net.au/team-stats?leagueId=5&seasonId=6&round=
This is all so true. When he was at St. Pauls a couple seasons ago he was unfit and lazy.
If you had rocked up to a game and was asked to pick which one of the 22 St Pauls players was in the AFL Sumner would've been a bottom 3 choice.

In div 3 now though so he'll probably dominate as more players are like him.

This is all so true. When he was at St. Pauls a couple seasons ago he was unfit and lazy.
If you had rocked up to a game and was asked to pick which one of the 22 St Pauls players was in the AFL Sumner would've been a bottom 3 choice.

In div 3 now though so he'll probably dominate as more players are like him.
Even at east Malvern he was useless.

Even at east Malvern he was useless.
From all accounts a ripping bloke but was very underwhelming in the VAFA. Was virtually straight out of the AFL when he went to St Bedes and had no impact. 3 or 4 clubs since with similar output. But should carve it up in Div. 3 SFL, even if half fit.

Last edited:
From all accounts a ripping bloke but was very underwhelming in the VAFA. Was virtually straight out of the AFL when he went to St Bedes and not no impact. 3 or 4 clubs since with similar output. But should carve it up in Div. 3 SFL, even if half fit.
Let's hope for black rock

Ball isn't going to be giving to him on a platter like higher grades. Will have to work for it .

And do they have players who can get to his hands .

Let's hope for black rock

Ball isn't going to be giving to him on a platter like higher grades. Will have to work for it .

And do they have players who can get to his hands .
And possibly a bit more attention in lower grades with some cheapies coming and less protection from umpires in these grades.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Black Coq(BBC) and Frankston miles ahead of the other teams in D3 as we stand, some improvement from heatherton I think but probably still
Miss finals to ashwood and CPL.

Black Coq(BBC) and Frankston miles ahead of the other teams in D3 as we stand, some improvement from heatherton I think but probably still
Miss finals to ashwood and CPL.
Frankston has been miles ahead of everyone for two years now, and still yet to get the chocolates

Remove this Banner Ad

Back