SNFL Div 3 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Was actually a really good game of footy to watch. Congratulations to EH. Been there about for many years now and deserved to finally have some premiership success. Bit of a sour note with one of their supporters starting fights in the pocket in the crowd having a good wrestle with some Frankston players towards the end of the 4th qtr. Was right near it all and the whole game he was just abusing every Franks player, supporter who looked at him. Really poor behavior and even more poor the SFL security not doing a thing to step in. Had plenty of time, everyone could see it happening.

Was actually a really good game of footy to watch. Congratulations to EH. Been there about for many years now and deserved to finally have some premiership success. Bit of a sour note with one of their supporters starting fights in the pocket in the crowd having a good wrestle with some Frankston players towards the end of the 4th qtr. Was right near it all and the whole game he was just abusing every Franks player, supporter who looked at him. Really poor behavior and even more poor the SFL security not doing a thing to step in. Had plenty of time, everyone could see it happening.
Of course they didn’t do anything. All Indian security. They never do anything just get their pay check stand there and do nothing. They’re a waste of time

Signed ex-VFL player and still couldn’t get the job done. I guess Frankston never learned from last year that it takes team effort not individual efforts to win a granny..

Signed ex-VFL player and still couldn’t get the job done. I guess Frankston never learned from last year that it takes team effort not individual efforts to win a granny..
He played well though. If they had another 6 or 7 vfl players they would have been alright

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great game of footy, EH forwards too good in the end. FD fan told me that they had 6 kids playing that are u19 that have come through junior ranks incl 2 x 16 year olds, so was a pretty gallant effort

Great game of footy, EH forwards too good in the end. FD fan told me that they had 6 kids playing that are u19 that have come through junior ranks incl 2 x 16 year olds, so was a pretty gallant effort

Also heard that those boys wanted to play finals with their mates in the 19s last week and the coach wouldn't let them!

What now for the Dolphins?
In my eyes I feel they will still end up in Divvy 2 next year. Although back-to-back promotions with no flags is a strange one.
Feel like it's feasible, as by all reports St Kilda City are requesting to drop down to division 3 next season.
They are a rising club who invest in their team, and in a time where so many clubs are frequently in free fall, I think the league needs to capitalise on the teams who are having a fair dinkum crack to progress to the top.
I can see them reaching Division 1 within the next 3-4 years...
Might even convince them to tell MPNFL to stick it right up theirs in future years.

What now for the Dolphins?
In my eyes I feel they will still end up in Divvy 2 next year. Although back-to-back promotions with no flags is a strange one.
Feel like it's feasible, as by all reports St Kilda City are requesting to drop down to division 3 next season.
They are a rising club who invest in their team, and in a time where so many clubs are frequently in free fall, I think the league needs to capitalise on the teams who are having a fair dinkum crack to progress to the top.
I can see them reaching Division 1 within the next 3-4 years...
Might even convince them to tell MPNFL to stick it right up theirs in future years.
Spare a thought for Peninsula OB & Rupertswood in the VAFA, who I think made it all the way from D4 to B grade, without winning a flag

Spare a thought for Peninsula OB & Rupertswood in the VAFA, who I think made it all the way from D4 to B grade, without winning a flag
Rupertswood won one - D4 in about 2002, I think. But the point remains.

Going up and up with very few flags to show for it is the one aspect of 2-up / 2-down that I don''t like.

Frankston had a very solid Backman who made the league team last season and they let him walk to another club. It should’ve worked a bit harder to hold onto him

Frankston had a very solid Backman who made the league team last season and they let him walk to another club. It should’ve worked a bit harder to hold onto him
Frankston lost a few good players last season due to the coach's inabilities to listen it was all about him

Frankston lost a few good players last season due to the coach's inabilities to listen it was all about him
Dolphins looked real quick and did damage early on the outside. Endeavour Hills started to slowly not allow the outside run and in the last they locked down successfully and began to dominate the clearances. This enabled them to use their outside run and it seemed the Dolphins had used their petrol tickets.
Frankston had at least 3 players who looked likely to blow the game away in the 3rd, especially 25 who loved to run and bounce the length of the ground to try and kick goals. He was all about "me" it was so blatant it was embarrassing, to the extent that in the last from a kick out, his teammate totally ignored him, he had no one within 30m easily! It sums up how Dolphins splintered easily and quickly that the humane thing to do was to blow the siren!!!!
Dolphins best players were also there achilles heel, too much "me time" was needed for them, on the other hand, Hills had plenty of targets up forward, a solid back half led by 1 & 11 and on ball brigade that managed to get on top in the last.
The physical contests were fierce, both teams showing little regard for their safety. 13 & 22 stood tall rucking and rotating up forward. Dolphins have plenty to work with, they just need to have players with "team first" attitude to drive the leadership.

Lost a really good assistant coach lost 2 backman and a full forward and a midfielder
O’Donnell? From what I remember..leading goal kicker last year in Div 4. Anyways, heard lightning have new Coach. Not sure why they wouldn’t keep the same coach who took them to first flag. No, I got nothing to do with Lyndhurst nor I play for them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back