SFL Division 1 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

I think everyone agrees any of 4 sides can win it. Not writing Chelt off yet. Pretty good midfield and if Graham kicks a bag on the day they will be pretty hard to stop. Dingley is no different to any other club, we were missing Patterson (ruck) Wonnacott (Captain), Jimmy Ball and Luke Barnhoorn (VFL Listed) pulled out before the game as he was an emergency for Sandy Seniors.

No I went down for a counter meal at the local and got stuck there.Weather was crap outside anyway.
You guys are travelling along beautifully ATM. Doggies haven't lost too many games at home over the last 5 years so its a very good win.
Ran into an EB supporter at the footy last night who says they have got a massive injury list so im tipping you'll knock them off in a couple of weeks.
FRom memory he says they've lost Rayson,Marigilani and Sotriades for the season and also on the injury list but I don't know how long for is Williamson,Jeffrey,REid.Dahl,Percy and some others I cant recall.Does anyone from EB want to confirm that they have this many injuries and how severe are they. I reckon 5 or 6 of them if true played interleague.
By the way did Francis play last week as I didn't see him on the goals list or did McIntyre have the better of him again.
Can confirm that the injury list isn't what you'd want at any club. but they're still 4-0. Season outs can be confirmed 2 ACL's and work commitments. All others will return over the next month. If the Dingoes are a chance it will be in 3 weeks but if they don't get the points I doubt they're good enough to go the journey

More even comp this year which is great viewing , chelt beat St. Paul's, St. Paul's beat Chelsea, Chelsea beat chelt , Malvern beat chelsea

More even comp this year which is great viewing , chelt beat St. Paul's, St. Paul's beat Chelsea, Chelsea beat chelt , Malvern beat chelsea

Good to see the comp being a little more even - a few less 100 point margins etc. Heatherton still look a fair way off it unfortunately
Did you get down to the CH v Malvern game JustAnotherMembe? Was a little surprised to read the result after the Heighters big win over Chelt the week before

Good to see the comp being a little more even - a few less 100 point margins etc. Heatherton still look a fair way off it unfortunately
Did you get down to the CH v Malvern game JustAnotherMembe? Was a little surprised to read the result after the Heighters big win over Chelt the week before
I have seen the last 2 Heatherton games. They have given both Bentleigh and St Kilda City big starts and out scored them both in the last three quarters. Got within 4 points of City with 5 mins to go. Poor kicking for goal has also cost them. I would not be surprised if they surprise a couple of sides this season. The comp seems much tighter this year. Dingoes and Vampires might be a few goals better than the next large bunch.

I have seen the last 2 Heatherton games. They have given both Bentleigh and St Kilda City big starts and out scored them both in the last three quarters. Got within 4 points of City with 5 mins to go. Poor kicking for goal has also cost them. I would not be surprised if they surprise a couple of sides this season. The comp seems much tighter this year. Dingoes and Vampires might be a few goals better than the next large bunch.

After seeing Chelt first hand on the weekend, and with the players that were out (not to mention injuries sustained during the game), in the dry they will be right up there with Dingley & East Brighton.

St Paul's.........well we have some work to do but confident that our best is good enough. Just need to start clicking.

After seeing Chelt first hand on the weekend, and with the players that were out (not to mention injuries sustained during the game), in the dry they will be right up there with Dingley & East Brighton.

St Paul's.........well we have some work to do but confident that our best is good enough. Just need to start clicking.
Saw them against East Brighton with the Vampires missing about 8 players and the only thing between the 2 sides was daylight and the conditions were perfect

Saw them against East Brighton with the Vampires missing about 8 players and the only thing between the 2 sides was daylight and the conditions were perfect
Hardly perfect conditions. It rained most of the day. But agree, East and Dingley are a long way ahead at this stage.

Fair call on heatherton actually. i was probably just going off the ladder position...

Good to have a more even comp that's for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack Williams just signed with dingley. good get
By all reports Beech the young ruck man from Sandy could also be signing on full time at Dingley this week. Not sure what is going on at Sandy's Development side but a few seem to be pretty upset with how it is being run. Josh Bennett also now full-time at Heatherton after quitting Sandy.

By all reports Beech the young ruck man from Sandy could also be signing on full time at Dingley this week. Not sure what is going on at Sandy's Development side but a few seem to be pretty upset with how it is being run. Josh Bennett also now full-time at Heatherton after quitting Sandy.

Sandy's alignment with St Kilda is the underlying factor here. They do rehab, recover & train with the same blokes all week. Then from out of nowhere on any given weekend, 12 blokes show up who you don't know, never train with get a game in the Sandy seniors. Players in the development side become disillusioned getting paid chicken feed, with no real promise or likelihood of making it the VFL side, return to local clubs & get compensated better for less commitment

Last edited:
Not sure who is playing this week.

But

Stkilda City would like to cause an upset over the Vampires but won't even though EB is missing 8 or more. Vampires 16 points
Dingley to flog Heatherton name your margin 80+
Chelsea Heights to bounce back 36 points over Bentleigh
East Malvern to surprise and go down to Cheltenham narrowly 15 points
St. Pauls cannot lose 3 straight regardless of injuries and Clayton really haven't given a yelp Doggies by 30 points

Heard it was a spiteful match between Dingley and the Tunners last weekend with one Dingley player being knocked out and and one Heatherton player off to hospital.No love lost between the 2 sides

Was out last week to watch the Heatherton V Dingley clash degenerate into a wild west saloon brawl. Whilst amusing to some I'm not sure that's in the best interests of the SFL. Too much happening to warrant a report? I think this needs to be stamped out. SFL investigation required.

Tunners have tried to intimidate the Dingley Players for years. Unfortunately for Heatherton, Dingleys kids are no longer 17 or 18 they are now 21 -22 year old men and won't put up with the crap dished out. Josh Bennett is a gun footballer he should stick to concentrating on the footy rather than trying to wind players up off the ball. I think he learnt not to take on Daniel Bolger, he handles himself pretty well.

Quick little reminder about this Sunday's FEDERAL LEAGUE REUNION...

1508986_885881578095382_8198258857289110929_n.jpg

The famous Federal Football League was once the strongest competition beneath the VFL and VFA in suburban football.

Many a fierce battle was fought over the years and to celebrate the 115th anniversary of the formation of the FFL, we are holding a reunion for players, coaches, administrators and supporters of ALL clubs that featured in the Federal league over the years.

Come along and recount stories from years past and catch up with ex-teammates or rivals over a few drinks.

The Cheltenham Football Club and Bentleigh Football Club – both former Federal clubs, will do battle in Division 1 of the Southern Football League (Vic) on the day.

Entry is FREE and there will be some auction items up for grabs!

https://www.facebook.com/events/238412859694166/

Was out last week to watch the Heatherton V Dingley clash degenerate into a wild west saloon brawl. Whilst amusing to some I'm not sure that's in the best interests of the SFL. Too much happening to warrant a report? I think this needs to be stamped out. SFL investigation required.

This was a terrible showcase for local footy. While I am only new to the area it is fair to say both sides behaviour on the ground was ordinary. What I found worse was the crowd behaviour, in particular the Dingley supporters whose side was winning convincingly. Drunken idiots one side of the ground and female supporter getting involved in a player push and shove. An eye opener to my new high class suburb, Dingley Village!

This was a terrible showcase for local footy. While I am only new to the area it is fair to say both sides behaviour on the ground was ordinary. What I found worse was the crowd behaviour, in particular the Dingley supporters whose side was winning convincingly. Drunken idiots one side of the ground and female supporter getting involved in a player push and shove. An eye opener to my new high class suburb, Dingley Village!

Built on a swamp, what do you expect ;)

Always tough to go down to Dingley and play. I don't mind the ribbing from the crowd they are good value

The drunken idiots on one side of the ground were raising money for an injured team mate trying cover his medical bills. Harmless fun. The Female supporter has been spoken too and admits fault. It did get out of hand for 5 or so minutes. There is no love lost between the 2 sides so probably not a great week to embrace your new team. Maybe you can head back to your old supberb East Brighton this week to watch Dingley. You can drink Pimms and smoke cigars there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back