SFL Division 1 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting clearance for the Vampires....

Victorian Amateur Football Association (VAFA)East Brighton Football ClubLynch, DamianApproved2014-05-282014-05-29

This bloke in his day was an absolute gun. Probably should have played AFL footy. Four-time VAFA A Grade premiership player with Old Xaverians and a former Vampires junior.

Victorian Amateur Football Association (VAFA)East Brighton Football ClubLynch, DamianApproved2014-05-282014-05-29

This bloke in his day was an absolute gun. Probably should have played AFL footy. Four-time VAFA A Grade premiership player with Old Xaverians and a former Vampires junior.
Not to mention a BOG or 2 in those grand finals

Bloody hell Super that’s a big wrap ! Was a very good ‘A’ grade player in his day in some strong Xavs teams but not sure he was that good. Could not break into the Xavs seniors last year and I thought he had retired. If he can get fit he will still be a handful in the SFL. Handy at both ends and a smart footy brain.

dingley miss out on finals for 3rd year running, last year they missed out because there was no train station, now heatherton get the finals, i don't see a train station there either. this year 25% weighted on previous finals experience dingley has never hosted finals. very unfair process, SFL looking after there favourites again

Bloody hell Super that’s a big wrap ! Was a very good ‘A’ grade player in his day in some strong Xavs teams but not sure he was that good. Could not break into the Xavs seniors last year and I thought he had retired. If he can get fit he will still be a handful in the SFL. Handy at both ends and a smart footy brain.

Was talking about when he was coming through TAC Cup. Was a very good player. He'd be 34 or so this year and from what I saw yesterday, is carrying a bit, but still very smart.

dingley miss out on finals for 3rd year running, last year they missed out because there was no train station, now heatherton get the finals, i don't see a
train station there either. this year 25% weighted on
previous finals experience dingley has never hosted
finals. very unfair process, SFL looking after there
favourites again

Sources tell me dingoes looking at efl? Perhaps this is a factor?

Sources tell me dingoes looking at efl? Perhaps this is a factor?
wouldn't surprise me if they were, I don't think canizzo is the right man to take SFL forwards. Did anyone here him on SEN when interleague was on? they asked him who were the gun players to look out for from SFL, he could not name 1 player, im a big supporter of SFL and I was embarrassed that our CEO didn't know who was representing us in interleague. disgraceful.

dingley miss out on finals for 3rd year running, last year they missed out because there was no train station, now heatherton get the finals, i don't see a train station there either. this year 25% weighted on previous finals experience dingley has never hosted finals. very unfair process, SFL looking after there favourites again

Why would you pick Dingley in front of Heatherton? I mean, not every club has an airport at the end of the street.
I would have thought that the league would have taken into account, and rewarded, our Clubs support of the league in fielding 4 Senior Football Teams and 4 Senior Netball Teams. The Dingley Committee have worked their butts off to get the club to where it is today but obviously the powers to be must have thought that the Heatherton response carried far more weight (???)

Why would you pick Dingley in front of Heatherton? I mean, not every club has an airport at the end of the street.
I would have thought that the league would have taken into account, and rewarded, our Clubs support of the league in fielding 4 Senior Football Teams and 4 Senior Netball Teams. The Dingley Committee have worked their butts off to get the club to where it is today but obviously the powers to be must have thought that the Heatherton response carried far more weight (???)

Doesn't surprise me Mahalo, biggest club, biggest crowds, no reward for effort! SFL have there Favorites they look after

Maybe you need to look at the Dingley Football Club from an outsiders perspective. If you think a train station cost you finals you are way out of touch with reality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe you need to look at the Dingley Football Club from an outsiders perspective. If you think a train station cost you finals you are way out of touch with reality.
Well give me your perspective then? didn't you just recently shift to dingley, must be something about the place that you like? please enlighten us your view?

Well give me your perspective then? didn't you just recently shift to dingley, must be something about the place that you like? please enlighten us your view?
Haha, a little ironic but I love that Dingley does not have a train station. Dingley was my first game for divvy 1 and wasn't overly impressed as previously stated. Don't get caught up on my opinions, I am only one person. You are clearly a successful club to some degree, your flag count may not support that though.

Haha, a little ironic but I love that Dingley does not have a train station. Dingley was my first game for divvy 1 and wasn't overly impressed as previously stated. Don't get caught up on my opinions, I am only one person. You are clearly a successful club to some degree, your flag count may not support that though.
Well I think 2 flags would support your little snipe, hopefully we can add another 1 at the end of the year. feel free to join us on the hill for beer next home game!

Apart from Dingley, does anyone know who the other clubs were that applied and missed out on hosting finals?

QuietObserver we obviously don't believe that was the reason we missed out , that was what the League reported back to us. I think the league don't want lose anymore clubs to Financial Reasons and they see Dingley as being able to stand on it's own 2 feet without Finals. Good Luck to the Tunners i'm sure they will put on a good show.

QuietObserver we obviously don't believe that was the reason we missed out , that was what the League reported back to us. I think the league don't want lose anymore clubs to Financial Reasons and they see Dingley as being able to stand on it's own 2 feet without Finals. Good Luck to the Tunners i'm sure they will put on a good show.

I think Dingley would be a ripping venue for finals, more so than Heatherton but i also agree with you Rhino, they probably can see that Dingley are very self sufficient and Heatherton need a bit of help. I don't see anything wrong with that but they need to be very clear about the process so that there's no confusion.

Some clubs are lucky with resources available, some battle. SFL need to assist the battlers if we want our league to stay strong and keep clubs alive.

It doesn't surprise me Heatherton got the gig. All the money spent on the club rooms. The footy club is a struggling, The cricket club is a rabble and almost gone. If they didn't give them finals then the million dollar club rooms would be for the market gardeners baccarat club and thats about all

Greg that's a fair point about helping struggling clubs, but I think its time they start rewarding the ones who support them the most. Like Mahalo said, dingley have 4 senior teams, and 4 netball teams, they definitely support the league and there initiatives! its about time the league through some reward for effort back there way! but its good to see finals at heatherton, somewhere different at least this year. Springvale districts must be making a packet out of the finals series

Greg that's a fair point about helping struggling clubs, but I think its time they start rewarding the ones who support them the most. Like Mahalo said, dingley have 4 senior teams, and 4 netball teams, they definitely support the league and there initiatives! its about time the league through some reward for effort back there way! but its good to see finals at heatherton, somewhere different at least this year. Springvale districts must be making a packet out of the finals series

It won't be long until finals will be held at Linton St, Moorabbin and all the clubs get a slice of the pie from the SFL (if they are feeling generous).....

It doesn't surprise me Heatherton got the gig. All the money spent on the club rooms. The footy club is a struggling, The cricket club is a rabble and almost gone. If they didn't give them finals then the million dollar club rooms would be for the market gardeners baccarat club and thats about all

Been said before but a bloody modern miracle this club manages to survive. Located in the middle of nowhere surrounded by market gardens and golf courses. No residential area for miles in either direction and when you do hit a neighboring suburb there is already a football club established there. No juniors and virtually no prospect of them. And the kids who do live in nearby ‘Lego land’ more likely to end up Chelt Panthers. The cricket club is on its last legs. Surely they deserve a bit of good will.

Been said before but a bloody modern miracle this club manages to survive. Located in the middle of nowhere surrounded by market gardens and golf courses. No residential area for miles in either direction and when you do hit a neighboring suburb there is already a football club established there. No juniors and virtually no prospect of them. And the kids who do live in nearby ‘Lego land’ more likely to end up Chelt Panthers. The cricket club is on its last legs. Surely they deserve a bit of good will.
I agree Rooster, spread the love a little. If you have seen the new facilities at Heatherton, you would have no doubt that finals should be played there. Give the Tunners credit. They have battled on in Div 1 for the last five years. More than 20 other clubs in the comp who have not achieved this. They have played quite well at times this season and are unlucky not to have a few wins on the board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back