SFL Division 1 Only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that yesterday was a great example of why SFL Div 1 Finals should be played at Mordialloc. Massive crowd, great atmosphere (better than at Springy), good surface and the most important thing of all, the burgers were better than at Springy (big call I know!).

Well done to all involved at putting on what was a great showcase of SFL footy.

I completely disagree, the surface at Mordialloc is one of the poorer fields i have played on all year, it was definately not up to finals standards.
Atmosphere was no where near as good as at springvale, there were barely anyone behind the frankston end goals.
And yes superfreak, that was a big call, a big rediculous call, i had one of the burgers last week, and they were nothing short of sub-standard. the meat was terrible and there was nothing on the burger, give me a springvale burger anytime.

I look forward to a finals series being played on a ground capable of hosting finals, not mordialloc, an absolute disgrace to move the finals here, but that is the stupidity of the league once again showing out

If you think there was no one behind the Frankston goals you clearly werent at the game or are expecting way too much. There were 3500 people there and it shat on anything Springy has had.

Just because you lost, don't let it influence your thinking. I reckon that if it was played at the MCG you still wouldnt have been happy. Its amazing how much winning and losing effects how you see the venue.

I think that yesterday was a great example of why SFL Div 1 Finals should be played at Mordialloc. Massive crowd, great atmosphere (better than at Springy), good surface and the most important thing of all, the burgers were better than at Springy (big call I know!).

Well done to all involved at putting on what was a great showcase of SFL footy.
Hamburgers were terrible at Mordi, bit of meat a few onions and no buns only bread and that was during the first quarter of the ones. No bacon, cheese, or egg that you get at Springy. Only the league could tell you if the crowd was bigger than previous years and don't forget there was an extra game this year (U/18). The Springy ground and facilities is hard to beat (surface, shelter, parking etc etc).

I must have caught the burgers at a good time! Plenty of coleslaw, cheese etc.

The Springy ground in the past has been terrible, granted it is great this year but I still think that Mordi's surface is very good and the atmoshpere was miles ahead of Springy or anywhere else the SFL have held finals. The Springy facilities aren't the best. The rooms aren't great and the social room has no view of the ground. Best facilities.....maybe Clayton??

Congratulations to St. Pauls on a well deserved, disciplined Grand Final victory. They showed exactly what was required to win the big one. You can't buy discipline and "Houston, we have a problem!"

Congrats to St Pauls for finally breaking their run of GF losses, hopefully the monkey is well & truely off their backs now.

As a neutral observer yesterday, the Doggies certainly got the better of the umpires, at least 5 goals from free kicks, but St Kilda didn't help their own cause by trying to fight everyone in the 1st half.

That #1 Mimo is a fool. Could not catch a cold yesterday & Rogerson gave him a lesson in how to get under someone's skin. If he played the ball & not the man, Mimo could have won the game.

Again, well done Doggies, couldn't have beat a better club!

t
Totally agree. Scum club full of mercenarties. Where will Mimo go next year. ex clubs are
Oakleigh, Glen Eira, Moorabbin ,St Kilda City, Some club in Ellinbank league, etc. Mimo are you value for money. I think not

I played against Mimo in junior footy, and he went through a fair few clubs at junior level too.

Who will leave/come to City next year? The thing with St Pauls is they are built on there junior players going onto play seniors. Money cant buy passion and City are not the only club to discover this. You could name a heap of sides who make the same mistake. Look in your own backyard before spending cash on money hungry players. Im sure there are some quality players at clubs like South Districts and Port Colts who are not looking for money but just an oppurtunity or different challenge.

Just a quicky guys: ones to watch in the sfl league for 2009 are in order from skills:

Samuel Hains (MGS)
Peter Lofitis (BOX HILL SEC)
Leon Komouris ( OAKLEIGH SEC)
Luke Mance (De la Salle)
Edward Vine (St Michaels) * currently long term injury
Georgia Ballieu (**** High)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

any body know if pat liston and jack purton-smith will play in the sfl next yr, they would be ones to watch, or are they still elligable to play tac cup?

Was just wondering what is a good club 2 play 4 in the SFL. Am moving down and am keen 2 play. Have played alot of senior Ovens and Murray and have played the past 2 years with AFLQ club Broadbeach.

Was just wondering what is a good club 2 play 4 in the SFL. Am moving down and am keen 2 play. Have played alot of senior Ovens and Murray and have played the past 2 years with AFLQ club Broadbeach.

wherever you play, the first thing you should know is that this thread isn't official, so i'd probably make my way to the official thread. thats where all official business takes place.

thank me later

See www.cheltenhamfc.com.au. Pre season training will start mid November. New players always welcome!

im looking for a club around the hawthorn area im not sure if this league is close to that area but im from echuca and i have no clue of melboure leagues and any help would be great.

The Cheltenham Football Club requires a Reserves Coach/Assistant Coach for Season 2009.

A great opportunity exists for the aspiring Playing or Non Playing Coach to become involved in one of the oldest football clubs in Victoria with a rich history of success and a young and talented playing group.

Applications to be made to President Ron Jenkins:

P.O Box 2938 Cheltenham VIC 3192

info@cheltenhamfc.com.au

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back