Sheeds for President

Should Sheeds come back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Two things:

1) What is this President crap? I know its just a throwaway line and that its complete accuracy isn't necessary to convey a meaning, but we've had two years of people who have NO IDEA what they are talking about passing comment on Essendon - so that makes me a bit pedantic. We have a Chairman, not a President.

2) The implied or flat out stated disrespect for Sheedy by some is disgraceful. The man might possibly be the most important individual figure in the clubs history. He was responsible for four flags with three DIFFERENT teams at Essendon. We played in SEVEN ****ING GRAND FINALS with Sheeds. How many we played in the last decade? Whilst I don't want him having any decision rights within the football department, I have absolutely no issue with the man being present and involved at the club.

You're talking about one of the most respected and credentialed men in the game for christ sake. A man who effectively turned Essendon from a suburban club into one of the biggest sporting clubs in the land. For **** sake, the very size, strength and prestige that has enabled us to weather this debacle is largely there BECAUSE of this man.

Would it bother you having a man of his immense experience and nous at the club? I'd happily plunk him in front of a camera after watching the fumbling performances of Evans, Little and co over the last couple of years.

Yes, if we have an appropriate role within the operational aspects of the club, or the board, I would happily have him back.

Two things:

1) What is this President crap? I know its just a throwaway line and that its complete accuracy isn't necessary to convey a meaning, but we've had two years of people who have NO IDEA what they are talking about passing comment on Essendon - so that makes me a bit pedantic. We have a Chairman, not a President.

2) The implied or flat out stated disrespect for Sheedy by some is disgraceful. The man might possibly be the most important individual figure in the clubs history. He was responsible for four flags with three DIFFERENT teams at Essendon. We played in SEVEN ****ING GRAND FINALS with Sheeds. How many we played in the last decade? Whilst I don't want him having any decision rights within the football department, I have absolutely no issue with the man being present and involved at the club.

You're talking about one of the most respected and credentialed men in the game for christ sake. A man who effectively turned Essendon from a suburban club into one of the biggest sporting clubs in the land. For **** sake, the very size, strength and prestige that has enabled us to weather this debacle is largely there BECAUSE of this man.

Would it bother you having a man of his immense experience and nous at the club? I'd happily plunk him in front of a camera after watching the fumbling performances of Evans, Little and co over the last couple of years.

Yes, if we have an appropriate role within the operational aspects of the club, or the board, I would happily have him back.
Agree.
The right role I would love Sheeds back, he did a lot to build the club up, something that is lacking now. I think it is something that would else a lot right now.

Right role, he will be a massive person in a rebuild of imagine.

Two things:

Spot On. Some have short memories.. yes 2002-2004 weren't great.. but ffs the 24 years before that were unbelievably good.. And even after the way he left.. I don't recall him saying a single negative word about this club or its people.. and he has gone into 'bat' a couple of times too.

Door should be wide open.

Just get him in to fight OUR battles, not the battles of us, the league, the country, the galaxy...like it was at the end of his tenure.

A fully focussed sheeds blinkered on our situation would be immense.

Cleary the martians supplied the peds.. no the seagulls, nah the snipers left over from Vietnam, wallsy?

Two things:

It's quite possible to agree with your sentiment regarding Sheedy's past contribution to the club and not want him around going forwards. That's certainly where I find myself.

It's quite possible to agree with your sentiment regarding Sheedy's past contribution to the club and not want him around going forwards. That's certainly where I find myself.

Don't be stupid. This is BigFooty, you either agree with me about everything, or you're wrong about everything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two things:

Yeah but would you give him the keys to the football department?

Yeah but would you give him the keys to the football department?

Nope - would happily give him access to our youngsters for a set time every week, give him a seat in the coaches box AND make him one of the primary faces for the club (spearheading community programs etc).

I firmly believe that some are giving too much consideration to his obvious decline as a matchday coach to the absolute detriment of his other, significant skills.

Any more developments on this?? Hopefully Sheedy can be persuaded to come back into some role

Back