Should Bartel go to the MRP for his dive tonight?

What should Jimmy Bartel's punishment for his diving be?

• 1 or more weeks suspended

Votes: 37 28.9%
  • A monetary fine

Votes: 58 45.3%
  • Nothing: happens all the time

Votes: 19 14.8%
  • Nothing: it was an obvious free kick

Votes: 14 10.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missing a final is more effective than public shaming. Bet Jimmy pulls his head in if he has to miss a qualifying final.
If you seriously think think that is a suspendable offence, then you need to have a good hard look at yourself.
Give him a fine and move on.

Of course not. Geelong players are allowed to kick opposition players in the head, elbow them in the throat, punch them in the stomach. Do you really think the AFL will tell them off for a dive?

Bad luck ron. Best you dry your eyes now.

Bad luck ron. Best you dry your eyes now.

No tears champ. I am just someone who is hopeful our game doesn't turn into soccer with players diving all over the ground. The game has enough issues atm, without players flopping around.

Clearly you are happy enough to have players dive around, i just think it is a terrible look.

No tears champ. I am just someone who is hopeful our game doesn't turn into soccer with players diving all over the ground. The game has enough issues atm, without players flopping around.

Clearly you are happy enough to have players dive around, i just think it is a terrible look.

Where did I saw I was happy to see players diving?

He has done it once in a long career and has been publicly shamed by all and sundry.
I very much doubt you will ever see him do it again.

Why would it be mentioned ?
Do they mention everytime a player farts on ground,blows snot out,spits out water ?
Some of you whiny twits really need to HTFU

The Thomas dive was mentioned in the report for that week.

It should have at least been in the report saying it had been assessed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reminds me a bit of Steven Gerrard. Serial diver, but never gets scrutinised because he's this English warrior, champion of the game etc.

Meanwhile Ashley Young goes to ground and it's apparently the worst thing that has ever happened. Reputations always precede, sadly.

The Thomas dive was mentioned in the report for that week.

It should have at least been in the report saying it had been assessed

Agreed. Personally I'm a bit frustrated that it wasn't. I would love to know the reasoning behind it's absence.

It gets harder and harder to trust in the MRP, when they bow to public pressure in one incident and assess it, but when another happens in comparable circumstance they don't even mention it. Consistency in any part of the MRP process would be nice.

When Lindsay Thomas does it: disgrace, revolting, immoral

When Jimmy does it: clever, savvy, gamesmanship,
Yep as long as you aren't getting carried away.
Didn't hear anyone call Thomas immoral or revolting-more just that he is a serial offender of stupid dives.
Didn't hear anyone say Bartel is clever, savvy etc -most people seem to agree its poor form( at the least) and he should have copped a mention and a fine.

Yep as long as you aren't getting carried away.
Didn't hear anyone call Thomas immoral or revolting-more just that he is a serial offender of stupid dives.
Didn't hear anyone say Bartel is clever, savvy etc -most people seem to agree its poor form( at the least) and he should have copped a mention and a fine.

Come on Romeoh - don't let the facts get in the way of my attempted troll; FFS what fun is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back