hirdy_is_champ

Premiership Player
Nov 22, 2003
tunnel
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
ESSENDON
now that we recruited a good no 1 ruckman in matthew allen do u ppl think that he can do alot of the ruckwork and hille can be a handy around the ground ruckman and can also playcentre half forward as a strong marking target because he can kick some long bombs and possibly get some to lloyd at FF. but if this was gonna happen u would need to improve his kicking accuracy

I can definitely see Hille pinch-hitting up forward in a similar role to this year but I don't really see him as a permanent fixture up there. We need him in the ruck, and at the moment Allan is an unknown quantity.

I have to say - Hille looks most natural as a leading forward - he is not a ruckman (not naturally) and while he will develop further as a ruckman - our best chance to win a flag this year at least is -Allan holds down the no1 ruck post - Hille is 2nd ruck and plays as FF with Lloyd at CHF - this would enable us to have 2-3 big marking forwards and someone like a Hille is ideal for Cupido to scoot off the packs and kick some goals. Plus - this would then give us someone who can ruck up forward - something we sorely lack is a 2nd ruck on the ground to let the ruckman at the time to not have to cover all contests.

Of course this is all dependant upon Allan rucking well and providing as a linkman around the ground.

i dont think he should be there as a permanent CHF but as a temporary move if allen is capable of taking the no 1 ruckman possy and if he gets tired they might be able to swap around. i have seen hille play in the forward line in 03 and he looked pretty good i think kicked about 20 or 30 goals (or something like that) which is pretty good for a ruckman.

Could be time for a back to the future theory.

A lot of the older posters would recall how the resting ruckman could often spend time in a forward pocket and not in the bench.

Given we have the most dynamic of coaches at the helm, why not try Hille next to Lloyd and Cupido.

With the theory in practice you stretch the opposition's backline.

With Hille I think goalkicking is more of a confidence thing rather than a deficiency in skill. More than once in 2003 he drilled goals from impossible angles and blasted them through from outside 50 (did I mention he's now a BEAUTIFUL kick, come a long way since some of the helicopters he booted in 2002)

It's the ones in front of goal at a slight angle that he struggles to put through. Just another challenge for the big boy to overcome.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back