News Siekman departs

Remove this Banner Ad

2017 Premiership coach Bec Goddard is available.

Only reason she wasn't at the Crows this year was that the Crows didn't want to hire a full-time AFLW coach.

Surely the Pies have the $$$ to offer her a full-time role?

Other candidate for the gig could be the Hawks VFLW Premiership coach Patrick Hill - finished in the top 3 when going for the Gold Coast AFLW gig.

2017 Premiership coach Bec Goddard is available.

Only reason she wasn't at the Crows this year was that the Crows didn't want to hire a full-time AFLW coach.

Didn't she move back to QLD? Or gone back into the police force?

Didn't she move back to QLD? Or gone back into the police force?

She was on leave from the AFP when coaching at the Crows.

Used up all her leave, so asked the Crows for full-time so she could leave the AFP. When that didn't happen, she went back to the AFP.

Applied for the Gold Coast gig but lost out to one of the Lions' coaches.

She was on leave from the AFP when coaching at the Crows.

Used up all her leave, so asked the Crows for full-time so she could leave the AFP. When that didn't happen, she went back to the AFP.

Applied for the Gold Coast gig but lost out to one of the Lions' coaches.
She actually applied for the suns job? Given her experience, I thought she would be perfect. But the guy they got has experience as well, so that's a win for them.

Hopefully she manages to get back into the AFLW system. Someone of her experience is worth plenty.

I guess I'm not shocked. Good luck for the future, and hopefully he has set up our program for better days into the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Siekman was also involved with our next generation zone programs, so I imagine they’d be a similar opportunity.

Lyndon Dunn will get the job imo.
Would our VFLW coach Cula-Reid be an option?

Wouldn’t mind and possibly would prefer us to look outside the group, but without inside info it’s difficult to make that assessment.

Thanks to Wayne. Can’t say it’s been a successful period under him, but not all of that is down to Wayne.

I’d like to see us get Bec Goddard. She has the runs on the board. And Dunn to remain an assistant. Don’t know enough about the others assistants but we need to get them right too.

We obviously let Daniel Hartford slip. I’ve been impressed with him this year at Carlton. Can’t let that happen again. Time to start holding onto the best AFLW people: players, coaches and staff.

If Bec Goddard is a possibility we should make the biggest play we can. Make her a full time coach and give her a long enough contract to be worth her while moving to Melbourne. It's not easy to jump in and out of the sort of position she's in.

Dunn gives every impression he's going to be a very good coach and I'd like to keep him in the club, but we shouldn't allow sentiment to dictate here... only sign him up if he's is legitimately the best candidate available.

At least they now have the time to go after someone. Pre-season isn't until November, but you'd think a coach is needed around the draft which is October.

Trade period starts in a few weeks and you'd think ideally the coach would play some role in that process.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back