Silly Season.... Recruiting and other nonsense

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coming from a battler in a lowly district league side that has never had the guts to try wimmera league??? I don't know how you keep that giant ego in such a small frame.

mate i've played senior footy in a better league so i dont see need to play wimmera, but if i was gonna have a crack at it i wouldn't play for warriors.

you wanna talk about me having a massive ego, have a look at your whole club, everyone there walks round like they're the mayor of stawell, anyone would think "warriors" were only a step down from "AFL" the way you tools carry on!!!

no doubt the 2's is a better brand of footy
but mate, district league 1st's aren't too far behind the wimmera league these days, and i'd go as far to say that last year kalkee would've had all but 1 or 2 wimmera sides covered easily... (and yes that includes stawell too)

mate i've played senior footy in a better league, so i dont see need to play wimmera, but if i was gonna have a crack at i wouldn't warriors. you talk about me having a massive ego, have a look at your whole club, everyone there walks round like they're the mayor of stawell, anyone would think warriors were the next step down from AFL the way you tools carry on!!!

no doubt the 2's is a better brand of footy

but mate that district league 1st's aren't too far behind the wimmera league these days, kalkee's 1st would've had all bar 1 or 2 wimmera sides covered easily

Not now that Dan Smith has left. Big loss. Looks good in football shorts too.

Can't speak for seniors(I'm s**t) but in the seconds, there really isn't that big a difference in quality from LPFL seconds to WFL seconds-this "Mighty Wimmera League" mentality is just head up your arse mentality
Tex are u lining up again this year. Has Dadsy and Thommo got you boys humming around the track yet :D

Not according to The Mail Times he said he dosn't know where that rumor came from he saw it on big footy forum so unless The Eagles finish last for a a season or 2 that be the only excuse of sacking a coach not when they made the finals in his first year .
Has anyone noticed that Warrack Eagle has not been heard from since stirring the s**t. Wacker Stewart and the heavies at the Eagles, know who posted the rumour and have sorted the kid from Ballarat Uni out. It's unlikely Steve and Glen will be taking over soon. Although they are great assistance at the club, Woodbine require them home before dark.

Tex are u lining up again this year. Has Dadsy and Thommo got you boys humming around the track yet :D
Yeah mate, I'll be keeping the bench warm, and filling space somewhere on the ground if we get desperate. Couldn't tell you about the track mate-haven't been to training. Can't get there with work.

Imperials/Wonwonderwhowillplay will need the mercy rule for their seniors my friend, the KFC Nuggets are in for a tough year.
As for helmets, most boys that age are not circumcised now days. How on earth will the League enforce that rule?
Umpires to check boots, nails and scrotums........Cough now please:mad:

Hey, who is trying to steal my identity?

good read in the paper this morning about big jordie bourke, thought big bruce hartigan did a great job smoothing over what could potentially be devastating for the demons this year.

Jordie bourke is not in good shape. I ran into the big fanta pants down the street the other night and he looked pretty tender. Laying on his back a lot and not too much training. One knock to that back and i reckon it could be season over for the big gun.

Who will play as a tall for the dees this year????

good read in the paper this morning about big jordie bourke, thought big bruce hartigan did a great job smoothing over what could potentially be devastating for the demons this year.

Jordie bourke is not in good shape. I ran into the big fanta pants down the street the other night and he looked pretty tender. Laying on his back a lot and not too much training. One knock to that back and i reckon it could be season over for the big gun.

Who will play as a tall for the dees this year????

More excellent journalism from the people at the mailtimes. Poor old Jordy is spewing! They could ring his old man and Brucey Hartigan for an interview but couldn't find his number:thumbsdown:.
And it's cost him $10 to the footy trip fund for having colour pic in the paper!:)

Hey, who is trying to steal my identity?
Try looking in the mirror. You will probably find it there:confused:
Does anyone know whats going on at Dimboola. Poor old Davo has his son in Melbourne in a pretty bad way and is travelling on Thursdays to spend the weekends with the family. He has had a really bad run with his sister being ill while he coached Nhill and now this to contend with. I wish him well as he is going to have a lot on his plate and i cant see him having a great influence on the club this year.Don't be suprised if he snatches it before the season starts.

More excellent journalism from the people at the mailtimes. Poor old Jordy is spewing! They could ring his old man and Brucey Hartigan for an interview but couldn't find his number:thumbsdown:.
And it's cost him $10 to the footy trip fund for having colour pic in the paper!:)
Maybe Jordy has the ranga gene, where as you age you tend to stoop over and your knuckels then scrape on the ground.
Has someone got the tranqualizer ready:eek:
Are the Saints trying the David Johns experiment??
Have a six foot 2 - 110kg pie eater that has great hands and is a beautiful kick? Whispers are becoming stronger.

Maybe Jordy has the ranga gene, where as you age you tend to stoop over and your knuckels then scrape on the ground.
Has someone got the tranqualizer ready:eek:
Are the Saints trying the David Johns experiment??
Have a six foot 2 - 110kg pie eater that has great hands and is a beautiful kick? Whispers are becoming stronger.

Don't worry about whispers Waspball. The big Rooboy Burgess is back in full training. The Saints might try and keep him in cotton wool till the grounds soften a bit i here. Would still take a decent backman to stand next to him one out in the square. Melons Combe will relish not having the no.1 focus too.

Hearing talk that the Rats GM has quit after a heated blue with Pres Jensan. Argument about NT recruits maybe?

Bullcrap Terd Man Up. I spoke with Dave Harman last week and he told me that his work commitments will prevent him from continuing in the GM role. His relationship with Murray Jensen and the rest of the Rats board is excellent.

Stop trying to start malicious, unfounded rumours.

Newo ya little tapeworm...... I heard and know that ya boofhead president has knocked back 2 clearances for an U17 player sayin on the clearance that the player asked him to reject it. This was news to the kid and his family and tha other club involved will ring the main man of the league to see what sort of action can be taken. He knocked it back off his own bat without speaking to the kid involved. Maybe he should wrap his smartarse body in one of his shadesails and stop bein a ****head.... Just because you toerags can't field junior sides doesn't give him the right to play god.:thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Newo ya little tapeworm...... I heard and know that ya boofhead president has knocked back 2 clearances for an U17 player sayin on the clearance that the player asked him to reject it. This was news to the kid and his family and tha other club involved will ring the main man of the league to see what sort of action can be taken. He knocked it back off his own bat without speaking to the kid involved. Maybe he should wrap his smartarse body in one of his shadesails and stop bein a ****head.... Just because you toerags can't field junior sides doesn't give him the right to play god.:thumbsdown:

mate thats got nothin to do with me and thats the first i've heard of it, i agree with you tho, if the kid wants to leave they should let him leave..

Burras killed Molden in pracky matches, won in all grades but drew in the reserves, some good signs: dan smith, lenny clark and young nathan tepper showing a little bit in the unders

Last contribution from me boys. Just before I sign off will give you my prediction for the year.

Horsham
Saints
Nhill
Stawell
Minyip/Murtoa
Warracknabeal
Ararat
Dimboola
Diggers

Have pushed the Saints back up as Burgess and co will make a massive difference. If they had him last year who knows what could have happened.
Toohey medallist will be Hargraeves from Nhill.

Will see you all at the footy.

Heres my end of season ladder

Horsham
Warracknabeal
Stawell
M/M
Nhill
Saints
Ararat
Dimboola
Diggers

Warracknabeal will be the surprise packet with a few handy recruits coming in under the radar. Nhill won't be as good as everybody is talking them up to be. They may have picked up some handy players but just remember these players don't make up the whole team. What about the players around them. Top sides are even across the board. I just don't see them up the top this year but maybe in the next couple of years if they retain these recruits. This year seems to be the unknown year for where clubs are going to finish up. Looks likes its going to be an even competition except dimboola and united. Bring on 2009!!

An excellent summary tiger, and I agree with you apart from the fact yes Nhill are really talking up there chances this year they are confident of a top 3 finish an after spending close to 100,000 how could they not do agree though depth is a concern. Warrack will suprise a few expct them to be very even. I still think it will be a very similair story to 2008 come september with with Horsh to defeat the choo choo train again!
I tend to agree that the Saints will only be bigger and stronger this year than last year. Stawell seem to have lost a few and Benny Scott could still end up at Narvarre. Don't believe the hype of these clubs with all these gun recruits. They have nothing around them or underneath that will assist when injuries hit mid late season. After finals i have my ladder:
Saints
Horsham
Warrack
Stawell
Min/Murt
Nhill
Ararat
Dimboola
United

I tend to agree that the Saints will only be bigger and stronger this year than last year. Stawell seem to have lost a few and Benny Scott could still end up at Narvarre. Don't believe the hype of these clubs with all these gun recruits. They have nothing around them or underneath that will assist when injuries hit mid late season. After finals i have my ladder:
Saints
Horsham
Warrack
Stawell
Min/Murt
Nhill
Ararat
Dimboola
United

story round town is Bennie Scott signed with Navarre last week

story round town is Bennie Scott signed with Navarre last week
Did hear that but also heard not long after he signed with Stawell 2 weeks prior to that so who knows

was talking to the kid involved (who has committed to our club) at training tonight, , and he said he told rob to knock back the 1st one, but the 2nd one was lodged without his consent!!
now i'm no lawyer but i'm pretty sure thats illegal... i think they call that "forgery"

so mate next time you want to go slagging off other clubs get the real story first, not some made up bull$hit...

its easy to see who the real "toerags" are!!! see ya on April 26th "TAPEWORM" i'm lookin forward to it!!!

Did hear that but also heard not long after he signed with Stawell 2 weeks prior to that so who knows

appearently the cook had a falling out with the girls at stawell and deciced to go out to navarre so benny followed..
no sure how true it is but thats the story going round.

What practise matches have wegot going on this weekend..?
Nhill play keith at nhill tommorro. New surface is looking excellent.

What practise matches have wegot going on this weekend..?
Nhill play keith at nhill tommorro. New surface is looking excellent.
Saints are playing Koroit at Koroit. Combe out for a month with achilles injury. They have also signed Curry from Natimuk. Apperently was going to be their assistant coach before he realised they're about to fold. Also signed some young guy from North Central who played interleague last year.

Are the Adelaide boys coming over to play ?? might b worth a trip down the highway for a look. Talking to Mr Farr ealier in the week and he said they were playing Pimp at city oval sat.
My source at the Saints tells me they've now signed Harry Denson from Glenelg. Ex Laharum and Ballarat Rebels. Has anyone heard whether all these signings are right or just bullshit.

dnt be suprised if hosham have another good year they showed promising season ahead with a good win over stawell today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back