Silly Season.... Recruiting and other nonsense

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has done this back flip off roof many times before. Finally broke a bone this time. Four brakes in ankle/foot.
it's true!!! you can't put brains in dicks,i would suggest the burra are filthy as the$$ they are paying him could be better spent on a recruit with a brain.maybe the surgeon in ballarat can realign his thinking?:thumbsdown:

it's true!!! you can't put brains in dicks,i would suggest the burra are filthy as the$$ they are paying him could be better spent on a recruit with a brain.maybe the surgeon in ballarat can realign his thinking?:thumbsdown:

Wouldn't he have been on a per game basis? meaning that he wouldn't be getting paid again for the rest of the year from the burras

Wouldn't he have been on a per game basis? meaning that he wouldn't be getting paid again for the rest of the year from the burras

The Burras could have persued another recruit with the money they had put aside for the goose. A bit late now to chase a replacement as most players would be settled contracts, clubs etc.

The Burras could have persued another recuit with the money they had put aside for the goose. A bit late now to chase a replacement as most players would be settled contracts, clubs etc.
spot on thats what i was getting at,sure they will save a few$$$ but i'm guessing they'd already budgeted on spending it,they probably should of tried harder keeping a fatty mckenzie but hindsight is a great thing

spot on thats what i was getting at,sure they will save a few$$$ but i'm guessing they'd already budgeted on spending it,they probably should of tried harder keeping a fatty mckenzie but hindsight is a great thing

The young fat loves beulah to much! he was always just going there for the 1 yr!

Watch the Saints train tonight, a few blokes stood out. Harry Denson looks a ripper and Butschy looks super fit. Still very young, but they look to have all bulked up a bit over the summer.

When did Waldron hurt his foot? As he was spotted on the dancefloor at Wilo's in the early hours of Sunday morning, showing no signs of a foot injury.
Probably broken at that stage. Has a huge pain tolerance. Don't know exactly how long he's out for. If (and it's a big if) he looks after himself, it may be 6 to 8 to 10 weeks.

Probably broken at that stage. Has a huge pain tolerance. Don't know exactly how long he's out for. If (and it's a big if) he looks after himself, it may be 6 to 8 to 10 weeks.

Looks after himself? HA! A bloke that does back flips off roofs! Lucky he hasn't killed himself!:eek:

A bad week for injuries down at minyip-murtoa, Waldron out for the season and NSW recruit Lochie Trethowan requiring knee surgery which will see him miss this year also. Both hard running in and under players that will be greatly missed.

Anybody see the Nhill United game? Must have been a huge shoot out to have that many goals kicked. The Burra’s were able to push Horsham but got over the line pretty easily in the end. The new recruits shone for the Burra’s with John Delahunty their best player and Tom also doing well. It was Carr again for the Dees. Carved them up across the ground, must have had 40 kicks.

united vs nhill was a great game to watch, kye chapple took on the challenge at full forward kicking 7 goals on his first game for the season. united seems to be up and about

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes they are up and about. I had wriiten them off. I saw them play Minyip/Murtoa last week and they only just misssed out. It was hard to gauge them as the game was pretty ugly.

yer united was missing there captain brendon mcdonald plays in the center tim friend plays of the back flank and kye chapple full forward all key players. should be closer next time minyip and united meet

What did you think of yesterdays game PP? Stawell still have a very handy side on paper but have now had two pumpings. Do you think they will struggle this season or did they just play two good sides? With all the talk about how much they are paying players they may be a tad dissapointed with their big stars?
I was at the game Sunday and the other Saturday when Stawell played the demons. I am a neutral supporter. But the 2 teams Stawell came up against look very good and will probably be the two teams contesting the GF (not that i have seen any other games just a prediction). Stawell had some very good patches of play and seem to missing a few KP players. They have lost numerous players over the off season something like 5 or 6 of last years backline and a pretty handy midfeilder. They have done very little recruiting to fill these gaps. I think the club wouldnt be unhappy with the so called higher paid players but they would need to be looking to find some KPP in the coming seasons. I know i sound like I support Stawell but honestly I don't.
Also from both games I saw the young Cam Kimber looks like he has a lot of talent and was in Stawells best. What do others thin about him?

Yeah Fancy, Saints looked really good. Plenty on pace. All the new blokes played well. Butsch looked in good shape, Denson polished and Andy Bansemer played well on Tuckey. Gavin Kelm had a great tussle with Ben Williamson at full forward. Stawell will still cause plenty of damage this year, don't worry about that. Burgess had a run in the seconds, still a way off a return to the seniors, but showed he still has plenty of strength and class. Matt Combe still out with an achillies injury for a few weeks too apparently.
Will be an interesting Anzac Day Diggers v Saints this Saturday after United show a bit aganist the Tiggers. I bet Bayzand would have pencilled in a 10 goal win if he knew they'd kick 25 goals. Maybe doesn't say much about both their backlines.

Doesn’t matter weather you barrack for Stawell or not Tangy. I think most people would agree with you that Saints and Demons will meet in the last game. There was a lot of hope for some other teams but we will wait and see. I’m shattered that Nhill are not living up to expectations, Warrack have lost their big star to a knee injury and it would seem at least three of The Burras recruits are out for the season with serious injury.
What has happened with Nhill? They have dropped 2 games they were probably expected to win anything wrong up that way eg team bondage to many cheifs?
Also what about the Dimmy Rats game. Sure put a dampener on Blighs 100th

Still only early gentlemen. Think it all augers well for a great Wimmera League season. Horsham still the yard stick, maybe a few holes to expose with all the kids they are playing, although they all look like they can play. Any side with a Carr, Farr, Burke, Arnel, Anson, Hardi Brothers etc will be extremely hard to beat. Time will tell.......

WFL SEASON 2009

Time to finish up on this 'recruiting silly season' thread everyone and start posting on the wfl 2009 thread. See you there!

From what I hear a few people rate your coach so I can’t wait for the Saints Demons game. Burras struggled to get it out of the centre even with their ruckman getting his hands on it.
I saw Pumphrey at the gym. He seems to have developed a beer gut?
Pumphrey has never been the best advicate for the YMCA, but he seems to carry the wait OK and still run out games.
My god if Butsch doesn't give the Toohey a shake i will be suprised. I think he will enjoy the open and cleaner play of WFL. Unfortunately Ben Williamson's season may be interupted with an arthroscope. As soon as he left Kelm, they looked in big trouble in defence.

Hey Dave, whos you tip fpr the Burras Eagles game?
That's a tough one. You would think that Min/Mur have now got some bigger bodies around the ground and and injury to Warracks key recruit, and Cheney likely to miss ( yes both Cheney boys have dodgey ankles )that they should get over the line. I would have thought Lanyon would be doing more as he was a gun player in the Hume league. Look for him and Lenny Clarke to start taking games on. Warrack have notoriously been terrible after a bye, so you would think Harvey would be trying to get them going from the start, but if the Burra's get the jump i think they will win by 30 points.

Hey Dave, whos you tip fpr the Burras Eagles game?
What about other games? Diggers & Saints... Are the diggers any good?? They seem to be making good contests and have some handy inclusions. Are the Saints a future powerhouse or have Stawell really gone that far backwards??? They smashed Stawell and if 43 shots to 18 on goal is not proof enough, i think the Saints would have had double the tackles. They just seem to have out muscled the Warriors, similar to what the Puss has previously said.
Stawell & Ararat could possibly be a preveiw for the fight for 5th. I wouldn't be suprised if Ararat got up. Word is that Turner saved himself for this game (What ever happened to 1 week at a time) you would have thought he would have contributed more than the 2 points required last week.
Nhill & Dimboola... If Nhill dont win i would give Hargreaves and the Ladhams boys $10k each and tell them to come back in March 2010. Bayzand is already feeling the heat with his workmates calling him Sean Wallace!!!! Surely they will not let another one slip. Nhill by 4 points

Scarlet Thighs Vs Rodents is hard. I heard Turner kept himself back but only because he dislikes those guys immensely. It all runs deep down there and he probably played against some rough doods as a junior. The Fish will be at his emotional best at the half time huddle so watch out for some passion in his team of generation Y. Despite this I think the Stawell boys will get up. It has to be all or nothing not so much for the team but the committee. If Newo is right (which he may not be) Stawell this year has spent more on players then any other club in Wimmera League history. If they go down to the Rats (whom they hate) it may cause some major problems for them.

i never said they were paying that sorta money this year, just in years gone by

Love to see the boys and girls pull one out and tear Stawell an new a-hole in all footy and netball on Saturday. Nothing sweeter than seeing Stawell get done by Ararat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back