Simple questions

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm looking at getting a pump to hook onto my tanks. Just garden usage plus want to be able to pump water between the tanks (not a huge rise). Any recommendations on quality brands, type of pump and the best place to pick one up?

Anyone renewed their drivers license at a non Vic Roads place? I.e. GPO photopoint? Is it easier than the ridiculous queues at the Vic Roads Offices?

A certain 'friend' has forgotten to renew his license...

Anyone renewed their drivers license at a non Vic Roads place? I.e. GPO photopoint? Is it easier than the ridiculous queues at the Vic Roads Offices?

A certain 'friend' has forgotten to renew his license...

So you know GH's special mate as well Grizz?

So you know GH's special mate as well Grizz?

Not in the biblical sense, Hank. Suffice to say that the 'friend of mine' line is as well used as a toilet seat in a caravan park, so I am familiar with the concept.

My question is: does one really need to buy expensive HDMI cables? Or do the ones from Jaycar or the local $2 Shop work just fine? We're talking short distances like 1 metre.

Not in the biblical sense, Hank. Suffice to say that the 'friend of mine' line is as well used as a toilet seat in a caravan park, so I am familiar with the concept.

My question is: does one really need to buy expensive HDMI cables? Or do the ones from Jaycar or the local $2 Shop work just fine? We're talking short distances like 1 metre.

There's alot of s**t going around bout HDMI cables. Reckon only the experts could spot the difference. I would get the cheap one and if your not happy with the quality, spend some more coin.

It works just fine. Hank, I know you dislike Apple, but the new appletv is amazing. $130 and streams all your media flawlessly including wirelessly connecting your telly to the net. Tis brilliant.

Should I buy an Xbox 360 or a Wii?

I'm a simple gamer - enjoy the classics as well.

Having said that, the new Goldeneye and Donkey Kong Country games for the Wii are coming out soon - sure to bring back some childhood nostalgia. It also offers Mario Kart and other Mario titles.

However, I love playing the Halo series on the Xbox, and other sporting titles such as Fifa, Madden - which are apparently better to play on the Xbox than the Wii.

Internet gaming is free on the Wii, but priced on the Xbox. But more people play online in Xbox Live.

So, should I stick with my childhood roots and buy a Wii? Or move on and buy an Xbox 360?

(I have no interest in a PS3.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was faced with this dilemma a number of months ago hawker. I went with the Xbox, because of Halo and GTA. I haven't really played much on the Wii apart from the default Wii Sports and a bit of Mario Kart (which is pretty good, but not as awesome as Halo!) I figure if I ever get sick of the Xbox, I can just take it into my local gaming store and trade it in for another platform.

They are very different platforms, so it really depends on what you want to play. I'm with IBBG, I love Halo and GTA, and the Xbox is just perfect for playing those games. Whereas, the Wii is kind of more fun - if I was a few years younger, I'd be drawing the blinds, hooking up Mario Karts and munching on Burger Rings and Fishfingers... The Wii is no graphical masterpiece but it is a blast.

Do i go and see a movie tonight by myself after work? If yes, should i see:

a) Let me in- a gory vampire flick with a twist on 'friendship'- outcasts finding a commonality in their isolation.

or

b) the town- directed by Ben Affleck (who also stars in it) which is a gritty piece about a rogue crook who falls in love with someone he kidknaps as a part of a heist.

any help is much appreciated- these a serious dilemna's! :D

:thumbsu:

Do i go and see a movie tonight by myself after work? If yes, should i see:

a) Let me in- a gory vampire flick with a twist on 'friendship'- outcasts finding a commonality in their isolation.

or

b) the town- directed by Ben Affleck (who also stars in it) which is a gritty piece about a rogue crook who falls in love with someone he kidknaps as a part of a heist.

any help is much appreciated- these a serious dilemna's! :D

:thumbsu:

Sounds like it's a bit of a chick flick and you going alone sends the message your a snag - will bring them swarming to you like bees to a honey pot.

Being old school - do I purchase my son a camera on ebay for 340 coming from Hong Kong or do I buy here where it retails at 540 - is this a safe option for this type of product.

If we weren't meant to eat animals, then why are they made of meat?

I just finished reading Jonathon Saffran Foer's new book... oh my, it certainly makes you think about eating meat very closely.

No matter what they say about meat with all the hormones and the antibiotics which they pump the animals and the lack of nutritional grains they feed the animals to get them plump before the are sent to the slaughter house....."the smell of BBQ always gets my digestive enzymes working overtime" and i cannot resist the temptation of the "Meat Sirens", i fall and i must have my fix of Meat :D

I just finished reading Jonathon Saffran Foer's new book... oh my, it certainly makes you think about eating meat very closely.

For the past 6mths or so, my fam have been doing the 'No Meat Mondays' thingy...it seems to of worked pretty well, as the twitch down my right side has now shifted onto my left side :thumbsu:

To learn the art of abstinence and compassion Kip... just because we can do something, doesnt mean we should... now where's my fuc$en steak? :D

That is why I have never been a big fan of the arts Roddy...for instance, if some beautiful young brunette comes knocking for some 'good lurving' it should be your duty to oblige :)

No matter what they say about meat with all the hormones and the antibiotics which they pump the animals and the lack of nutritional grains they feed the animals to get them plump before the are sent to the slaughter house....."the smell of BBQ always gets my digestive enzymes working overtime" and i cannot resist the temptation of the "Meat Sirens", i fall and i must have my fix of Meat :D

I am hearing ya, a nice fillet steak with a green peppercorn sauce ro a vegetarian soufle...please :eek:

They are very different platforms, so it really depends on what you want to play. I'm with IBBG, I love Halo and GTA, and the Xbox is just perfect for playing those games. Whereas, the Wii is kind of more fun - if I was a few years younger, I'd be drawing the blinds, hooking up Mario Karts and munching on Burger Rings and Fishfingers... The Wii is no graphical masterpiece but it is a blast.

Thanks for the help. I reckon i'll go with the Xbox 360, given that I still have a fully functional Nintendo 64!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back