Rumour Simpson vs older brigade

Remove this Banner Ad

Or maybe you live in a cave, deny it all you want but everybody knows that plenty of Weagle supporters were in la-la land thinking they were a Top 4 side.
No doubt some fans were optimistic, I mean no Docker fan ever over estimated there teams quality did they. Only the start of every year for about the first 15.

Dean cox and beau waters have both had serious run ins with Adam Simpson in the past couple of weeks.

Simpson called out cox in front of his teammates after the north Melbourne game and questioned him about his desire to play for west coast anymore. Also questioned waters status as a mentor to the younger blokes when Simpson thought his attitude towards his recovery has been ordinary.

Matthew rosa is also thought to be as good as gone at seasons end with clubs lining up in Melbourne to take him. Gaff is also out of contract.

Has anyone else heard anything along these lines? Obviously the club is going through a tough time at the moment and have been severely overrated but it's amazing to see the fall from grace when they were expected to be top 4. It's looks like the entire older brigade of the club will be out at the end of the season.

Source: Staff at West coast

Cox out for "soreness" this week...

I must say that the part about Simpson calling him out is welcomed by me (if true). Hasn't looked to have been playing with the right attitude for quite a few weeks now in my opinion.

Don't like the part about Gaff possibly leaving though. Would like to hear more about this if you really do have legit info. Reckon he's just about put in all the ground work in regards to his development and is definitely capable of stepping his game up another level or two soon.

If this is true then it would be good. Our club needs a clean out. I don't mean get all the old players off side, I mean it's time to bring in a clean sweep from the leftovers of an average coach named Worsfold who couldn't win 2 flags with arguably the greatest midfield unit there ever was.

I support Simpson in all he does for the next 3 years and hope the knife cuts deep to clean out our club of all the infectious tumors clogging our list and football department. Including the cleaner.

Dropping Cox is a clear message IMO.

Or maybe you live in a cave, deny it all you want but everybody knows that plenty of Weagle supporters were in la-la land thinking they were a Top 4 side.

Every team has (too many) supporters who overrate them. I know plenty of people that jumped on the Freo bandwagon last year with utter confidence they would win the GF.

Also, don't confuse optimism with hubris. Both exist in any supporter base but if you think that's more true at WC than other clubs, you're sadly mistaken.

And you're emphasising it based on Glass' injury-forced retirement, despite your OP not mentioning Glass at any point.

So again, how does today's announcement have anything to do with your rumour?
Common sense suggest's that todays announcement certainly gives more credence to the topic 'Simpson vs older brigade'......der.

Common sense suggest's that todays announcement certainly gives more credence to the topic 'Simpson vs older brigade'......der.

A 33 year old retiring due to persistent injury gives more credence to a rumour that the coach has had a run in with two other senior players?

Hope you're never on a jury of my peers.

Yeah I realise some coaches come in and want to stamp their authority on the team they now manage, but some go over the top (ala Neld). It would be stupid to burn players who have built up a reputation. Of course no one is above reproach and even seasoned players need tough love but I suspect many new coaches come in arrogantly and think they have the master-plan to fix up the mess they perceive to be the problem at the club they arrive at. I can not be certain Simpson has been doing this but newbie coaches seem to be prone to it. Some of his press conferences and comments he made about certain players before the season was pretty forthright. Maybe he was right in what he said - but it did give me the sense, this is a guy who wants to really stamp his authority on these players, that's ok if you did with tact and don't burn important players in the process. But maybe this guy is the perfect coach for WC but I am doubting.

I remember in his playing days he wanted to be a coach and had the laptop out and all. I get the feeling he has a good grasp of the game but he seems like a very nervy type character to me. Not sure how he would handle media pressure over an extended period of time.

Having a bad day mate.
Not sure where the 'it's our year' rant came from considering I've never said such a thing about the dockers. To your other point, BigFooty is not a representation of Perth. I and quite a few other posters have said that they know Eagles supporters that claimed Eagles were a top 4 team. But by all means dismiss my anecdotal evidence for your anecdotal evidence. Nobody's going to win this argument, it's the internet.
Every Freo supporter I know thought last years cup was won after the Geelong final - I found that strange because there were two more finals to go. Then they started booking flights to Melbourne after they beat collingwood in round 1 this year, but nah they don't get over confident.

When Karl Langdon starts complaining about what is going on at WCE training you know people at the club are gunning for Simpson.
Given that Langdon earns a fair chunk of his income from being a WCE stooge, you can bet it came from either senior player/s or administrator/s.

If it's the players he's some chance, if it's the admin he's cooked.

I really hope Cox can go on and get to the 300 games but teams have assessed him. When it's a ball up from a stoppage he uses his body to push the opposition ruckman out of the contest but as Hawthorn did. They used the third man up strategy. It was never going to work forever but they need a Nic Nat in their more often if he is to continue to do that. I think if he wants to stay at the Eagles he must pull his head in and start playing some quality footy like the Cox we all know. Sinclair and Lycett are knocking on the door, It's his choice whether he wants to open it for them or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When Karl Langdon starts complaining about what is going on at WCE training you know people at the club are gunning for Simpson.
Given that Langdon earns a fair chunk of his income from being a WCE stooge, you can bet it came from either senior player/s or administrator/s.

You have got to be kidding me. You think the admin would get Langdon to undermine Simpson so they can get rid of him?

If they wanted to get rid of him, they would just ******* get rid of him. Why undermine him?? What does that achieve apart from destabilising the club and potentially causing players to leave. And what income does Langdon earn from West Coast? He gets most of his income from his radio gig with Brad Hardie, who is the one and only other 'journo' to come out with something similar to this. If anything, that would have more to do with it than any word from the management at West Coast.

Congratulations on having the dumbest made up theory in a thread filled with them! You do not receive a pass mark for this post.

You have got to be kidding me. You think the admin would get Langdon to undermine Simpson so they can get rid of him?

If they wanted to get rid of him, they would just ******* get rid of him. Why undermine him?? What does that achieve apart from destabilising the club and potentially causing players to leave. And what income does Langdon earn from West Coast? He gets most of his income from his radio gig with Brad Hardie, who is the one and only other 'journo' to come out with something similar to this. If anything, that would have more to do with it than any word from the management at West Coast.

Congratulations on having the dumbest made up theory in a thread filled with them! You do not receive a pass mark for this post.

WCE supporters are funny. I said it's either the players or the admin.
Cox dropped and Glass suddenly retires. A couple of candidates there.

I like Simpson, but he's got a a few hangers on that he needs to clear out. I reckon they are the ones whinging to Langdon
Good start yesterday by giving the job to Nic Nat and Lycett.

And as for Langdon, he hosts a shed load of Eagles functions, his columns focus on the Eagles, all his "mail" is fed directly to him from the Blue and Gold.

He's your very own Mark Robinson.

Considering majority off posters in this thread are Norf, purple and beta 4 drug cheating supporters I think we can put a fork in this 1. Surprised it got to a 3rd page.

I think if you have a look at a number of West coast supporters posts throughout the majority of the pre season you will see some inflated opinions of the teams capabilities.

Not wanting to poke the bear but i know for a 100% fact of two Melbourne based teams who are in to Rosa big time, one being my own team and the other being Carlton

really? i think if you look at an even BIGGER number of posts, the opposite is true. especially when it comes to our midfield.

you can have him. hope you pay him lots so we get a good draft pick. i think he would be highly beneficial in a team missing a piece to challenge. but for a team rebuilding, he is something you don't need. so if he wants to go, cya.

hmmmm woosha copped a fair bit as well from these guys and club stuck by him. i don't know why admin would be gunning for him this early on. i mean you have to be REALLY bad for that to happen this early. there have been rumours of players missing weight sessions etc. which simpson denied. given where we are at, i do think a lot of players fear what will happen at end of year.

i just hope simpson doesn't cop it like woosha when we were right at bottom. i hope he stays on course. Landgon and Hardie are well known for not getting a lot right.

If this is true then it would be good. Our club needs a clean out. I don't mean get all the old players off side, I mean it's time to bring in a clean sweep from the leftovers of an average coach named Worsfold who couldn't win 2 flags with arguably the greatest midfield unit there ever was.

I support Simpson in all he does for the next 3 years and hope the knife cuts deep to clean out our club of all the infectious tumors clogging our list and football department. Including the cleaner.

Dropping Cox is a clear message IMO.

Some of you blokes are disgraceful, the man is a football legend

WCE supporters are funny. I said it's either the players or the admin.
Cox dropped and Glass suddenly retires. A couple of candidates there.

I like Simpson, but he's got a a few hangers on that he needs to clear out. I reckon they are the ones whinging to Langdon
Good start yesterday by giving the job to Nic Nat and Lycett.

And as for Langdon, he hosts a shed load of Eagles functions, his columns focus on the Eagles, all his "mail" is fed directly to him from the Blue and Gold.

He's your very own Mark Robinson.
Exactly, you said it could be the admin to undermine Simpson. Which is a stupid theory.

In regards to if it is the players, this has already been dealt with in the thread. If the players are giving information to Hardie/Langdon, it would be bizarre if this information is that they're missing weight sessions.

Glass retired because he couldn't run properly and struggled to even play 2 weeks in a row. Our season is essentially over (even if we make finals, we won't go far). Why hang on? Glass said it made more sense to give a game to McGovern, a point which was vindicated on the weekend with McGovern's breakout game. He wasn't mentioned in the earlier rumours as someone who was unhappy and/or had poor training/recovery. He's only been added into this discussion as those pushing it thinks it supports their argument, when it appears to be totally unrelated. He's still attending every training and game, sitting in the coaches box. Hardly someone that has had a falling out with the coach.

Cox is having a poor year, but cannot simply be shown the door. He has far too many credits in the bank for that to occur. Nic Nat is a freak player who will take the next step in the back end of this season and next season and if cox is happy to be there to mentor him for one final season next year, he should be allowed to do so.

All the West Coast supporters I know where on there high horse after round 3, taking there pre season wins and first month of footy against GWS, St Kilda and I think Melbourne? As a barometer to how there season would go.

I just sat back and let them talk because I knew this was going to happen. Now some of them don't even go to there home games ( as members ) because they are disgusted at how they are playing

Feels good man

Lol.
Wish i was you..
No seriously i do..[/QUOTE]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back