Analysis Single Malt GC Sporting Updates (TITANS NEWZ)

Remove this Banner Ad

A 5k stadium would be perfect for our AFLW team. Imagine the atmosphere of a packed or half packed ground as opposed to 1k in a 25,000 stadium.

Expansion won’t happen until the next broadcast deal 2023/24 so there is time to build our facility. In the Metricon stadium precinct, I’d think that would be the next thing on the to do list following the childcare which is currently under construction. Apart from the article where Cochrane hinted it, we have heard nothing so maybe it was just a vision that hasn’t really taken off?

Who will pay for the 5k seat stadium? I can’t see any government funding coming for it

Who will pay for the 5k seat stadium? I can’t see any government funding coming for it
A very good question.
I can't see an agreement between AF and Cricket with their seasons, so perhaps the AFL will have to find the money themselves, but i would have no idea how much the stadium would cost and zero chance of sharing the stadium and costs i would have thought

A very good question.
I can't see an agreement between AF and Cricket with their seasons, so perhaps the AFL will have to find the money themselves, but i would have no idea how much the stadium would cost and zero chance of sharing the stadium and costs i would have thought

I doubt state government would have any interest as they’re already upgrading stadiums for the Olympics

Federal government probably don’t see any value in providing funding maybe labor with election looming? Although wasn’t there some funding announcement prior to last federal election from them?

Council may contribute to look like they’re doing something for women’s sports

Maybe able to get something up with brisbane roar if they want to play in a small stadium

Only other option is like you said AFL & corporate funding naming rights ect.. although I suspect AFL are a long way off on spending money on something like that due to covid

Weird game for the Titans at Robina last night. They were up 26-8 against the Broncos (without Adam Reynolds) and with 20 minutes to go they somehow choked away the lead and the game ended as a 26-26 draw. Shoutout to local juniors Jayden Campbell (Helensvale) and Jojo Fifita (TSS) though. They look very exciting! I think we'll see both playing State of Origin for Queensland in the next few years.

I would be amazed if they didn't draw a bigger crowd than that
Partially depends on how we go today against West Coast today. If we have a big win then that will probably inspire quite a few locals to turn out. If we lose to a seriously depleted Eagles outfit then I'd suggest a lot of people won't bother because they will think we're just going to get belted by the defending Premiers. Also, the Demons don't have a huge supporter base in south east Queensland like Collingwood or Essendon do so we can't rely on opposition fans to show up either.

Speaking of opposition fans, the Warriors are notorious for pulling a good crowd on the Gold Coast so I'm really surprised only 14k showed up. Perhaps it was the same situation where the locals saw the Titans lose to Parramatta last week and just didn't bother showing up yesterday. Admittedly, it was very warm yesterday so that would have been factor.

14k was a good crowd at CBUS. Plenty of Warriors fans around as always when they play here. I would predict maybe 12k for Suns vs Dees, Not many Dees fans around here based on my observations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappointing crowd against the premiers.
The ground less than a 1/3 rd full

I’m wondering/hoping if the weather forecast caused this

or possible people have been burnt with insipid performances too many times by the suns and don’t want to waste their money at the moment when things are tight for a lot of people

or possible people have been burnt with insipid performances too many times by the suns and don’t want to waste their money at the moment when things are tight for a lot of people

I'd say Covid hesitancy would be a factor, too.

The Carlton v Richmond opener had its lowest crowd since the fixture started in 2015 and it was the first time in a while a close contest was expected.

I think hesitancy has affected crowds across the board.

We'll have a better idea next weekend when we host Carlton. If the Blues start the season 3-0 and we start 2-1, then I'd suggest the crowd should be fairly large.

We'll have a better idea next weekend when we host Carlton. If the Blues start the season 3-0 and we start 2-1, then I'd suggest the crowd should be fairly large.
I'd say Covid hesitancy would be a factor, too.

The Carlton v Richmond opener had its lowest crowd since the fixture started in 2015 and it was the first time in a while a close contest was expected.

I think hesitancy has affected crowds across the board.
I think we can all agree it was a disappointing crowd for what ever reasons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back