Help Slowness

Remove this Banner Ad

I have had a specific ad type removed - one I didn't even know the network was running.

We'll see if things get better.

Chief,

It is working fine from my end today and I'm using my Telstra Wi Fi.

LP.

Chief,

It is working fine from my end today and I'm using my Telstra Wi Fi.

LP.
I only just did it this arvo so probably isn't that ad. But it will only show a limited number of times per user per day, so it still could be.

Nah - I dont think it was the ad, the ads will have no affect for premium customers

Much better for me today.

Yesterday was terrible all day but today is like nothing ever happened and back to normal. :thumbsu:

My Telstra NBN is fine atm and appears to have recovered from the weekend freeze. A couple of observations from my side of things,

The slowness and hanging was intermittent.
It only affected the Big Footy site, I had no problems with other sites including Government sites which are usually slow.

Looks like someone at Big Pond or Big Footy has pulled a tweek and things are back to normal.

As no one other than Big Pond users appears to have had a problem it sounds like another reason for me to give Big Pond the flick.

As I posted elsewhere it maybe a bit dodgy suggesting that users change DNS settings to Google. As I understand things Google operates out of a US based server and not a local server as used by Australian ISPs. The result is that download speeds may be affected by way of down loading via the US. My info is a bit dated and maybe Google now have an Australian server? Judging from some of the thread feedback switching DNS to 8.8.8.8 has slowed other sites and the US server may be the problem. I note with interest that the the favourable U Tube comments were mainly from US users who would have been connected to a local server.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My Telstra NBN is fine atm and appears to have recovered from the weekend freeze. A couple of observations from my side of things,

The slowness and hanging was intermittent.
It only affected the Big Footy site, I had no problems with other sites including Government sites which are usually slow.

Looks like someone at Big Pond or Big Footy has pulled a tweek and things are back to normal.

As no one other than Big Pond users appears to have had a problem it sounds like another reason for me to give Big Pond the flick.

As I posted elsewhere it maybe a bit dodgy suggesting that users change DNS settings to Google. As I understand things Google operates out of a US based server and not a local server as used by Australian ISPs. The result is that download speeds may be affected by way of down loading via the US. My info is a bit dated and maybe Google now have an Australian server? Judging from some of the thread feedback switching DNS to 8.8.8.8 has slowed other sites and the US server may be the problem. I note with interest that the the favourable U Tube comments were mainly from US users who would have been connected to a local server.
Setting the DNS doesn't affect the downloading of files. It is just where your browser goes to find the address of sites etc.

I am still trying to figure out where this idea that BF is a huge cash cow came from.
So do I!

ferrari-guy-1.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back