smallest ever etihad crowd?

Remove this Banner Ad

We are :confused:

http://afltables.com/afl/crowds/2015.html

7 of the 15 largest home and away crowds this season have been for Hawthorn matches (4, 5, 7, 9, 11, 12 and 15)

Just 2 of the 15 largest home and away crowds have been Geelong fixtures (both against Hawthorn, 5 and 15)
So 5 of 22 is week in/week out is it..? :drunk:

Like I said, if you're truly playing the sport for bums on seats then how the **** can you honestly blame Tassie for your lack of them..?

Here's a chance for Gill to put his creative hat on and do something to bring people out to the game. We all know it's going to be a low attendance. Get on the front foot and think of something "community minded" that will bring families to the game. Hold free footy clinics before and after on the ground. Do something.
free pies and chips for all kids

free pies and chips for all kids
Would probably be safe enough to throw a beer or 2 in the kids direction also after all the watering down that lager has been through...

Hawks also drew 18K at the MCG v GWS not so long ago.

They love to turn up for the blockbusters but not when their is a blockbuster soccer match, its raining or it is not at the MCG.

Launny protects their Melbourne attendance. how many would have turned up last week to watch Brisbane at Etihad. hence why u signed an extension.

surely Melbourne v GWS will get 10K. what has their recent attendances v Etihad been in the last couple of years.

Edit: 18K v Brisbane last year. might have played more recently, but i remember this one, hence was an easy search.

and oh crap, it is going to be under 10K

I based my original post on:
Melbourne members -5000?
Giants fans - 200?
Considering its a totally dead rubber, with Coll-Ess down the road and a fair chance the giants could win by 10 goals, i just dont see how they could get close to 10,000 people.
But we'll see.

Melb v GWS is the last game of the season and a winnable game for both teams. If nothing else, you'd think fans might go along because it's the last chance to see their team for a fair while. Reckon they should get 15-20k
slight problem with this.

1. GWS has no fans
2. Melbourne has no chance and wish the season was already finished last month.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So this week might see a challenger for the smallest ever crowd at Docklands, which is about 12.5k. Meanwhile in the NRL they've had 6 rounds this year that averaged less than that. Be thankful for what we have.

If they opened up the second level of Etihad for a pittance it would be worth going. GWS played attractive footy on Saturday. Might see Jeremy Cameron kick eight and Jesse Hogan slot five.

If they opened up the second level of Etihad for a pittance it would be worth going. GWS played attractive footy on Saturday. Might see Jeremy Cameron kick eight and Jesse Hogan slot five.

This is what I don't get. They've closed the 3rd level but will still charge ridiculous prices for the 2nd which is a real pity because level 2 seats at Etihad are fantastic.

Oh cool! This thread has turned into yet another opportunity for the deeply envious to troll Hawthorn! Here we go...

Poos and Wees! Sold their soul to Tassie, and their crowds will drop off when they go back down the ladder. Rioli is overrated, doesn't get enough stats, and Hodge, Lewis and Mitchell are thugs. All their members are cats, dogs and goldfish, and all their recent premiership success is based on high draft picks. All their success in the 70s and 80s was based on favourable zoning. Got lots of wooden spoons back in the 20s, 30s and 40s. They only win coz they get an armchair ride from the umps.

Did I miss anything?

Free ride from fa

Only keep winning because they are poaching other clubs stars

Oh and someone had a thread about salary cap a week or so ago - tbh i cbf reading it - but toss that in there as well

There - im all numptied out

Remove this Banner Ad

Back