So much for Solidarity, Essendon - Barrett AFL Website

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
quite. Thanks for coming to the party

My pleasure.

Of course Robbo was an imbecile well before he became Hird's personal PR agent, and Chip was and is a lightweight. Caro remains in need of a good seeing to if she's ever to diverge from the path of the bitter old hag. I'm not volunteering. Barrett is a not even worth being called a legend in his own lunchbox, and hardly ever gets any of his great big statements remotely near the mark.

Lets face it. They're all s**t in their very own special way.

What's confusing in all of this (and forgive me as I'm not following this as closely as I was) but it seems that Essendon put out the request for ring ins on the basis that most of their list was provisionally suspended and there was a whole extra group that wanted to not play to protect anonymity.

Now that group isn't quite as unified.

And essendon now seems to be able to field a squad for Morwell and one for Willy.

Can someone fill in the blanks for me? I'm not being rhetorical - Just want to understand how it went from not fielding a team to being able to selectively choose who played where and when.

Maybe they couldn't get enough top ups? So then they had to put 4 players from the other squad back in? Dunno just a thought

Could be. How many top ups were named after the push back from SANFL clubs?

I can't remember the exact number, but it wasn't as many as I thought it was going to be.

Oh and someone picked it on here, all of our top ups have some connection to the club already. Either through assistant coaches or whatever.

That's what I'm saying.

And it would be very easy to jump on the "oh essendon are such evil arseholes" (which I may have posted on the Hawks board) - but something has to make more sense than that.

those 4 players weren't in essendon's vision for a full strength team for round 1... therefore didn't have a place in the willy hit out. as such they were placed in the meaningless scraps team in the NAB challenge, and hence pissed the AFL off.

this is just essendon using their ability to use top up players to achieve the best outcome for them - to ensure their best team still gets a hit out prior to the season.

hahahahahaha oh this great. You couldn't make it up.

The reason Daniher can't play in the scratch match is because he is actually eligible for the NAB challenge match, and for you that is proof that he might not be eligible for the NAB challenge match. That kind of logic is like an M C Escher painting

But if Danniher could play the scratch match, and he was not on the list in 2012 so there is not point in him sitting out for solidarity, why doesn't he play the NAB match?

Or is ok to play the scratch match sore but not the NAB match?

If Danniher did get an IN (time will tell), will Essendon supporters still blindly support their club?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and 4 players could of played footy against Willy, still looking after their mates identities, but opted to play the NAB game.
something just doesn't seem to add up

I would have thought some players would want to take the opportunity to clear their names, and playing in the NAB does this.

Why should the 4 who are playing suffer the speculation that they are drug cheats when it has nothing to do with them?

I hope it all comes out after the guilty verdict.

There is so much buried. Even with a guilty verdict we will go back to the start, sure they got us on TB4, but if you mention anything else we are going to court.

There is a possibility that government investigations (Workcover for example) might uncover some stuff but we all know that it will be whitewashed away.

I would have thought some players would want to take the opportunity to clear their names, and playing in the NAB does this.

Why should the 4 who are playing suffer the speculation that they are drug cheats when it has nothing to do with them?

Exactly.

This 'anonymity' thing is a total farce. Essendon mouthpiece Mark Robinson already outed a dozen or so of the charged players a long time ago.

Totally agree.

I always thought it incredibly selfish and cowardly for these guys to hide behind their mates - all the while fuelling speculation that they too could be cheats.

It was spun to make it some sort of brave act by the players, but the other side of the coin is that it was a bunch of wimps dragging their mates' names through the mud to protect themselves.

Pretty poor form I'd have thought.

People need to stop looking at what is being said, and ask why it's being said.

Nice burn.

Would read again.

People need to stop looking at what is being said, and ask why it's being said.

Nice burn.

Would read again.

Yeah, I've got to admit, I liked this article.

It's clear that it's an opinion piece, so all clear from me.

To be honest, it sums up the ill will towards Essendon and their antics since this sage broke 2 years ago.

Solidarity after all those slimming Ford Pills..........Bogus story in my books as the evidence indicated another sad and sorry story. The thread might a run out in the next day or number 2's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back