So who is the most underrated player in the AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

If you're a small defender who doesn't get that much of the footy, yet still manages an All-Australian selection, I think you can officially be considered "rated", and rated very highly.

Well on his way to breaking Corey Enright's record as the player who spent the most time being called 'underrated' well after the description had ceased being appropriate.

Agree with Miles.

I think hes a major reason as to why Richmond are taking that next step. They've had cotch, lids and martin as A class mids but then they added another who frees up lids/martin to roam forward and score goals. Insane to think he was a rookie list selection after GWS dropped him.

Pretty sure GWS rang Richmond and said we're about to delist this kid, you should have a look at him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nick Riewoldt - Was once a premier player of the comp. Now plays a different type of role, that isn't a key position anymore. Still a gun.
Nick Smith - Maybe Sydney's best defender. Terrific player.
Tom Rockliff - Ball winning machine. Has never been a massive name in the comp but should be.
Jack Watts - Never lived up to expectations, but cops way too much flack for the job he does.
Tory Dickson - Don't know about you but I failed to notice at all that Dickson delivered 50 goals this year.
Sean Dempster - Always been quality and always gets the job done.
GWS midfielders - Whitfield, Smith and Coniglio are all really good to watch. People always prefer to talk about Ward and Treloar.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back