Discussion Soccer/Association Football New Kits

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/4016...aled-arsenal-launch-new-puma-kit?ICID=HP_HN_1

434135_heroa.jpg

Here are some more images:

fMQzwLN.jpg

337382%282%29.jpg

BsNvvYjIYAM_IZc.jpg:large

BsNx6JXIEAAvY9Y.jpg

BtK8NLa.jpg

tumblr_n8io1lJYqQ1sl8nxvo1_1280.jpg

And the reveal videos

Should have waited for Sanchez to arrive.

Here you go, the images of Sanchez were actually revealed before the kits reveal so everyone had already seen the home kit when it was unveiled.

BsNypSwIcAEU0sC.jpg

Oh and for my opinion on the new Arsenal kits:

I really like them, the away probably would have looked even better with the red sponsor and accents being replaced by blue, but it is still a nice looking kit. On the down side, I do dislike the whole puma skin tight look.

I have already ordered the home (with Ozil 11 on the back) and away (was going to go with Giroud 12, but ended up going with Alexis 17), and can't wait to order the cup kit when it is released (likely with Ramsey 16).

Again Puma going with the funny "tight-torso, loose arms" fit. Doesn't really look right. I'm not really a great fan of our (Arsenal's) new kits, though I think that Dortmund one is good.

Again Puma going with the funny "tight-torso, loose arms" fit. Doesn't really look right. I'm not really a great fan of our (Arsenal's) new kits, though I think that Dortmund one is good.
I find the loose shorts the weird thing about their kits. Their kits look like compression gear, so skins are the only thing missing

If they didn't have cylinders for arms, they wouldn't be loose. ;)

This is the new Palermo 2014-15 Home Shirt. The new classical Home Kit is true to the history of the club with the iconic pink color combined with black and gold applications. The unique Polo kit collar is black with gold applications, while inside the neckline of each Palermo 14-15 Shirt features the slogan "Rosa come il dolce, nero come l'amaro, dal 1907 i nostri colori" (Rosa as the sweet, black as the bitter, are our colors since 1907). On the back under the kit collar of the new US Palermo 2014-15 Home Kit features the club name U.S. Città di Palermo.
Palermo-14-15-Home-Kit+(1).jpg
Palermo-14-15-Home-Kit+(3).jpg

This is the new Palermo 14-15 Away Jersey. Inspired by the kit worn in the 1970s, the new white Away Shirt is a modern interpretation of the classical white shirt. Two bold black / pink horizontal stripes on the chest dominate the design of the new Palermo Away Kit. The club badge and the Joma logo are are positioned centrally.
Palermo-14-15-Away-Kit+(1).jpg

This is the new Palermo 14-15 Third Shirt. The modern new Third Kit is mainly dark grey with striking orange applications on the crew neck kit collar and the sleeve cuffs. Joma created a grey monochromatic club crest, which is embroidered on the left chest.
Palermo-14-15-Third-Kit+(1).jpg
Palermo-14-15-Third-Kit+(2).jpg

This is the new West Bromwich 2014-15 Home Shirt. Based on the Adidas Condivo 14 Template, the new Home Kit is mainly white with navy vertical pinstripes, which are part of the front and the back of the the kit. The sleeves of the new uncommon Home Kit feature navy and white applications.
West-Bromwich-14-15-Home-Kit+(1).jpg
West-Bromwich-14-15-Home-Kit+(1-1).jpg

This is the new West Bromwich 2014-15 Goalkeeper Home Shirt. Based on the Adidas Onore 14 Goalkeeper Kit, the new West Brom 14-15 Goalkeeper Home Jersey is yellow / purple.
West-Bromwich-14-15-Goalkeeper-Kit.jpg

Southampton-14-15-Away-Kit+(0).jpg

This is the new brandless Southampton 2014-15 Away Jersey. The new all-navy Away Kit features a unique kit design with lighter horizontal stripes on the front of the kit. A navy / yellow crew neck collar completes the look of the new Away Kit, while the sponsor logo is white. On the back under the neckline appears the nickname Saints.
Southampton-14-15-Away-Kit+(1).jpg
Southampton-14-15-Away-Kit+(1-1).jpg

I see no class in the Arsenal kits.
They're all bloody horrible, I don't even know where to start.

I like the hooped socks, they're pretty underused (and some could say for a good reason), but they seem to work for Arsenal – I think because it maintains a balance between red and white, it almost looks 50/50. Any other side, and it might make everything look lopsided. So I like that.
gun__1360240848_bergkamp_southampton_1995.jpg

The sleeves being linked to the collar is something I'm right behind. The club hasn't really tried it since the unbeaten season. For Puma, coming in, you can see how they'd like to distinguish themselves from Nike's affinity for cut-off sleeves. Unfortunately, it's just totally s**t looking. Add in the tightness and it just looks so naff, like it's some retro-futurism – if Nineteen Eighty-Four was predicting Gunners strips thirty years in the future, that's how they'd look. I just hate it.

And the away strip had potential. Yellow, blue, and red'll always go down well with Gooners. As I've said, having the sleeves go up is nice. Using red as the logo colour is a cool idea. And they've picked good shades, rich tones, which is why I kind of couldn't love last year's away... it seemed a bit cheap looking. This is still, probably, my favourite Arsenal strip – so it tried emulating that, which is alright
Arsenal+Londra+2008-2009+away+-+size+XL+-+NIKE.....jpg

But I don't know, it still seems to have too much going on and the whole thing seems a bit dull and lifeless. And the less said about that third strip, the better. Barry Crocker.

They should've just kept it simple and tried to knock this thing off
52279.jpg

I see no class in the Arsenal kits.

Yes! This is exactly the way to put it. It's an Arsenal kit on the face of it, but it's missing something very important.

Arsenal have looked very, very classy for a long time. I don't know whether it's the cut of the Puma kits or what, but they've lost it.

Look at these masterpieces:

henry120607_468x402.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And you should see some of the training and warm up gear... garish and trashy. I think the common denominator of a decent strip is restraint. I mean, if you even look at the AFL, the best looking off-field stuff is the Demons – it's simple, it's identifiable, and it doesn't have dumb swishes and blocks of colour everywhere.

For a while I thought it was a bit of subconscious brand loyalty; just liking Nike and Umbro logos on things. But then I remembered the strips Villa wore for about five or six years... they worked so well and maintained the classiness of their design. I don't think it'd be too hard to convert one of those ideas to an Arsenal template. The Puma logo is a lot nicer than Hummel too, and they'd never insist on the little chevrons, either.

12568-zoom.jpg

17922-zoom.jpg

12631-zoom.jpg

12784-zoom.jpg

16346-zoom.jpg

The new Valencia CF 2014-2015 Home Shirt. Based on the Adidas Condivo 14 template, the new Home Kit is traditionally white with black logos and three Adidas stripes, while the kit collar and the sleeve cuffs feature orange details. A special material effect is added on the front of the new kit, which features no main sponsor yet. On the back of the shirt appears the Gol TV sponsor logo.
Valencia-14-15-Home-Kit-.jpg
Adidas-Valencia-14-15-Home-Kit.jpg

This is the new orange Valencia CF 2014-15 Away Kit. The new all-orange Away Shirt is based on the Adidas Tabela 14 template. Adidas combined the iconic orange color with blue applications, while lighter diagonal stripes are placed on the front.
Valencia-14-15-Away-Kit.jpg

The Jets' new strips are out tomorrow, made by BLK, and apparently the stripes cut-off oddly and there's a fair bit of 'new' colour. 'til then, look at the grouse job they've done for the even grouser A-League All Stars

a-league-all-starts.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back