Softest Player in the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

tige19 said:
Or the whole Port side after they melt quicker than a Marsh Mellow thrown in fire once again.
Port Adelaide are starting to sound like a Maroon5 song ' Is anyone out there cause its getting harder and harder to breath' cough cough CHOKE cough cough.

:D :D :D
BIG CALL FROM SOMEONE WHO SUPPORTS A TEAM THAT HASN'T WON A FLAG FOR OVER 20 YEARS, HAS JUST WON THE WOODEN SPOON. BRING ON THE MERGER

lamby29 said:
And who is leading Melbourne's hard ball gets this year?

You guessed it:

013375au.jpg

I think you mean Hand ball gets as in Handballs Received....

PowerKop said:
Nick "the Prick" Stevens

Despite having more hard ball gets than most of Port Adelaide's players, if not all of them?

I know you hate him very much, but look at it objectively. In fact, you're the only one who has mentioned him this far. Hmmm... wonder why that is? And I reckon you're just mentioning his name because you dislike him. Just like most Port supporters.

Hey, I hate Hamil with a passion - but at least I can see his value at St. Kilda and that he's a good leader down there. I'm not going to let a grudge get in the way of logic.

Thrawn said:
Despite having more hard ball gets than most of Port Adelaide's players, if not all of them?

I know you hate him very much, but look at it objectively. In fact, you're the only one who has mentioned him this far. Hmmm... wonder why that is? And I reckon you're just mentioning his name because you dislike him. Just like most Port supporters.

Hey, I hate Hamil with a passion - but at least I can see his value at St. Kilda and that he's a good leader down there. I'm not going to let a grudge get in the way of logic.

Nick Stevens is a gun, don't worry about the Port girls having a cry.

Seeing Stevens and Scotto run around for you guys on friday ********ing hurt.

leonmagic said:
Nick Stevens is a gun, don't worry about the Port girls having a cry

I just find it very ironic (and amusing) that they call him soft considering he has more hardball gets than most, if not all of their players. That leads to the conclusion that they're just calling him soft because they just hate him for leaving, nothing else. Sure, he ********ed up in the finals - but who didn't over there? It's not like he's the only one to blame for their midfield being so crap during the finals (Burgoyne was worse). Not just Stevens, but the whole team is responsible and I do not see how Stevens had any more to do with it compared to most of the other players.

Which is why I shouldn't even bother reading their suggestions regarding Stevens. I've yet to see one that's actually positive and that has a basis of logic surrounding it.

Thrawn said:

It's true that Stevens had more contested ball gets than almost everyone at Port (one Port player had more), but when you factor in the amount of ball each player gets (the fairest way to judge how good a player is at getting contested possessions), Stevens would be behind about 10 players at Port.

Those at Port who have a higher percentage of contested ball gets are Dominic Cassisi, Warren Tredrea, Josh Carr, Roger James, Damian Hardwick, Brendon Lade, Josh Mahoney, Dean Brogan, Stuart Dew and Damon White.

In Cassisi's case, he had a similar number of contested ball gets as Stevens, but had about 160 less possessions over the year.

Apologies for going all Dan on you, but it only took two seconds to do from the stats files the clubs use (which ranks players in every concievable category).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

has to be the master turtle himself ex bomber

shane harvey

and being a bomber myself we made it known to him during the games, especially when we played port melb against him this year at bendigo

leonmagic said:
Nick Stevens is a gun, don't worry about the Port girls having a cry.

Seeing Stevens and Scotto run around for you guys on friday ********ing hurt.
SHows how stupid your team is then doesn't it. U could have had him if u were prepared to trade fairly. Serves Collingwood right, and its good to c u already regretting it.

I was only joking about Stevens being softest player. He isn't soft, but at port was more of a receiver. Would love to have him back though. I belive he is a better player now then he was at port.

Club by Club (Softest High-Profile players)

Adelaide - Graham Johncock
Brisbane - Blake Caracella
Carlton - Scott Camporeale
Collingwood - Shane Woewodin
Essendon - Damien Cupido
Fremantle - Paul Medhurst
Geelong - David Spriggs
Hawthorn - Ben Dixon
Kangas - Brent Harvey
Melbourne - Cameron Bruce
Port Adel - Shaun Burgoyne
Richmond - Nathan G Brown
StKilda - Stephen Milne
Sydney - Nick Davis
Wet Toast - Ben Cousins
Bulldogs - Jade Rawlings

Rors said:
I think you mean Hand ball gets as in Handballs Received....

That's what I love about bigfooty, all year we've heard how Bruce, Green, Yzw and Johnstone are soft, outside midfielders who only get 'handball received' stats and never go in for the hard ball.
One question though, who the ******** is giving all of these soft players handballs? If every single Melbourne player is soft then how could we possibly get the ball in the first place to handball it to our soft, dowhnhill skiing outside midfielders?

Thanks everyone, I feel better now I've got that off my chest :p

Demonheart said:
That's what I love about bigfooty, all year we've heard how Bruce, Green, Yzw and Johnstone are soft, outside midfielders who only get 'handball received' stats and never go in for the hard ball.
One question though, who the ******** is giving all of these soft players handballs? If every single Melbourne player is soft then how could we possibly get the ball in the first place to handball it to our soft, dowhnhill skiing outside midfielders?

Thanks everyone, I feel better now I've got that off my chest :p

The 1 player i rate very highly above all those Soft****s:

Scott Thompson - he is a gun, but Yze had to get more hard ball when thommo got injured. I never said Yze was soft!!!

Just Cameron "King Lurker" Bruce

Remove this Banner Ad

Back