Fixture Solution to MCG GF Hosting Rights Tix fiasco, top ranked club allocated 60-65 % of club membership tickets available

Remove this Banner Ad

It's an issue that the general public don't seem to understand. Airlines only have so much slack they can throw at the weekend (especially given the destination won't be know until a week before, making rostering difficult). Airline prices are dynamic, as soon as people start searching (not even buying) the backend computer will start jacking up prices because it can see that demand has increased. Then the cheapest seats (if any are left a week out) get sold so quickly that the only ones left are the fully refundable ones that always cost an arm and a leg, before the computer decides that the demand is high enough to justify increasing prices further.
Now - If only the greater unwashed masses of ignoramuses could get this through their head.

It’s bad anyway. You just need to plan ahead, more tickets is better as you could always drive if you had to. I heard they estimated 36k got to Melbourne for the 2013 GF. People were flying via other Capitals and international destinations.

It would be really tough if you were hard up for cash to try and do it on a budget from WA. GF for 1 person is going to cost 2K on the cheap planned ahead with refunds if you don’t make it, probably 5K if you are last minute.
I think I saw stuff that said the cheapest options was to go Singapore Airlines via Singapore.

I think the best option would probably actually be an around the world airfare with a stop in Melbourne on GF day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back