Something avoided since the seige ended

Remove this Banner Ad

right suggesting that the news outlet didn't fact check before putting a man on for an interview who got his description of the man wrong. is a conspiracy.

or are you suggesting that fact checking is tin foil hat stuff?

Given the nature of what was happening, do you really think it was something to be investigated by reporters while interviewing people literally at the scene? Are you saying he lied about the other two guys but not lying about the gunman saying what he claims was said to him?

You're making it out like its some reporter interviewing a swans fan after this years grand final saying the swans won, was such a great game to watch. Then saying the reporters should have investigated the interview first but it is too late now it's been seen by everyone.

You're making it out like its some reporter interviewing a swans fan after this years grand final saying the swans won, was such a great game to watch. Then saying the reporters should have investigated the interview first but it is too late now it's been seen by everyone.
Not as far off the mark as youd think, they were treating it as entertainment and not news. Disgraceful from all outlets involved IMHO.

Not as far off the mark as youd think, they were treating it as entertainment and not news. Disgraceful from all outlets involved IMHO.

If they covered it any differently or less, they'd be getting criticized for that too. sheesh

The interview with a guy that bumped into the terrorist on his way to lindt cafe.

"do you want me to shoot you too?"

Remember that guy?

Remember he said the gunman/terrorist/mentally ill Iranian was with two other similar looking people at that time.

Why hasn't this been brought up since?

Are you saying he bumped into the gunman while he was walking out and the gunman in or was someone else there at the time. Certain elements are being left out and while I know things will be edited out of the "official version" there are certain things here that are being left out for whatever reason.

I just want to know whether the cops killed both innocent hostages or just the woman.

Pretty sure it was one of the 2 Counter Terroist Units (Sydney) that entered. At a midnight press conference the police were going on about a peaceful resolution. Yet when the first shots went off the building was stormed instantly and whoever was basically ready to go and awaiting word. (Obviously the shots fired expedited things).

If they covered it any differently or less, they'd be getting criticized for that too. sheesh
I don't think so, all that was needed was a 3-5 min update every hour, or maybe even just when something changed, and otherwise just a scrolling headline or something at the bottom of the screen.

Would have given them time to get their interviews confirmed as fact, and more importantly viewers would have been no less informed, and possibly better informed because they wouldn't have to change the story every 5 minutes when they realised they'd broadcast an untruth.

Would have then freed up journos to go and get better, more in depth information.

Yet when the first shots went off the building was stormed instantly .

Not correct, two noises similar to that of a shotgun were heard, nine minutes apart. It was the sound resembling a second shot they went in on. The first sound resembling a shot was believed to be at the last group of hostages making a run for it. The sound of the second shot is believed to be when the cafes manager went for the shotgun.

I don't think so, all that was needed was a 3-5 min update every hour, or maybe even just when something changed, and otherwise just a scrolling headline or something at the bottom of the screen.

Would have given them time to get their interviews confirmed as fact, and more importantly viewers would have been no less informed, and possibly better informed because they wouldn't have to change the story every 5 minutes when they realised they'd broadcast an untruth.

Would have then freed up journos to go and get better, more in depth information.

I'm glad it was covered the way it was. And i would want them to do it the way they did again.

Anytime something insane like this kicks off, the first couple of hours are free form madness with rumours flying everywhere, New York was awash with all kinds of rumours on September 11, and social media has only made this magnified this since then. Eventually we will/will not depending on your world view find out just what happened here.

The interview with a guy that bumped into the terrorist on his way to lindt cafe.

"do you want me to shoot you too?"

Remember that guy?

Remember he said the gunman/terrorist/mentally ill Iranian was with two other similar looking people at that time.

Why hasn't this been brought up since?

How can you tell someone is Iranian? Some people might be able to but I'm pretty sure most people wouldn't.

How can you tell someone is Iranian? Some people might be able to but I'm pretty sure most people wouldn't.

It's hard to tell, but those weren't his exact words, thats who i was referring to who he was referring to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back