South Launceston

Remove this Banner Ad

well seems like iam very well liked in this page. well just letting everyone know loving being up at south and looking forward to a good year. pre-season training was good part from achilles playing up. south we will be well drilled under chuggy. looking forward to kicking a few goals but iam gunna up that target to 4o goals. and i dont no who tells you i drink goon you gook

What's your height and weight champ?

Dunno bout you big H but iam damn proud to be up on that wall when u see some of the names up there

Extremely proud Bready. I've been lucky enough to have played alongside and been coached by some of the greats both at Scottsdale and in the NEFU. Would have loved to have given the Pies a bit more of a crack when i was younger (actually Statewide with North on Jamie Dennis' insistance) but i played nefu to help put me through Uni, then did my knee really badly coming into my prime and the rest is history......

It wasn't Mitch Thorp was it??

Nah mate, the player was ex-AFL (only briefly), played in a premiership this season too.
His dad was a premiership player up at the Den and was later president of the club and got the bullet by the membership in the mid-90's for trying to sell us out to Clarence (how ironic).

Good stuff. What position will you play? Good to see blokes stepping up a level rather than being a big fish in a small pond. Well done.
Thanks mate its about time i stop wastein my time....i think i play my best footy as half forward changin on the ball but can really play anywere...played from full forward to the half back

Christ sake breadmore we all know your a good player, stop talking about yourself mate....It's not a one man team.

Goodluck to All state league clubs.

Christ sake breadmore we all know your a good player, stop talking about yourself mate....It's not a one man team.

Goodluck to All state league clubs.

I read a lot on this board & on bigfooty in general about south launie being a young team with young guns ect and on the rise in 2010. I agree they are young, but i still dont see how they are going to improve as much as you south launie guys think. It seems only people involved within think this. I am just curious to why this is? these regional recruits that have come into the team, have any of them played at a higher level? it will be hard to adjust. Have your juniors been successful and won grand finals recently?

East Launceston-South Launceston's TFL Record: 1986-1997 & 2009

East Launceston joined the TFL Statewide League at the start of the 1986 season and lasted seven rounds before merging with City-South Football Club (from the NTFA) on Monday, 26 May 1986 to become the South Launceston Football Club.
East's seven matches (2-5-0) are included in the 1986 tally below.

▪ 1986: (18) 3-15-0 - 60.91% - Position: 8th from 8.
▪ 1987: (18) 7-11-0 - 78.77% - Position: 7th from 10.
▪ 1988: (18) 3-15-0 - 68.00% - Position: 9th from 10.
▪ 1989: (18) 3-14-1 - 62.45% - Position: 9th from 10.
▪ 1990: (21) 2-19-0 - 53.40% - Position: 10th from 10.
▪ 1991: (21) 1-20-0 - 49.39% - Position: 10th from 10.
▪ 1992: (18) 8-10-0 - 79.82% - Position: 6th from 10.
▪ 1993: (18) 4-14-0 - 60.40% - Position: 9th from 10.
▪ 1994: (18) 7-11-0 - 94.90% - Position: 9th from 11.
▪ 1995: (18) 2-16-0 - 63.15% - Position: 10th from 11.
▪ 1996: (20) 6-13-1 - 80.75% - Position: 8th from 11.
▪ 1997: (18) 7-11-0 - 77.36% - Position: 7th from 11.
▪ 2009: (18) 3-15-0 - 55.65% - Position: 10th from 10.

Seasons Played: 13
Total Matches Played: 242
Wins-Losses-Draws: 56-184-2

and south wasting their time not even in the hunt, bottom 3 for them!!

It's been pretty well documented that they have a very young team with a lot of development ahead of them. Full credit to them with how they conducted themselves on the field last year. They also have a very good coach who will take them in the right direction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like the airliner landing on the Hudson, or a battler winning the lottery, South Launceston winning any TFL/TSL match is a contender for the Feel Good Story Of The Year...!

Happens about as often, too...:D

I kid cos I love - Go Doggies! Kick some southern arse, but save the best stuff for North Launceston...

How did Breadmore go last weekend?

Breadmore didn't set the world alight, but also didn't look out of place. Did a few nice things, kicks the ball well, was in a midfield, forward, bench rotation and seemed to enjoy being part of the TSL

On South Launceston, I am very pleased that they got a win, have worked hard over the pre-season and played 6 U18 players. Also missing Mayne, Buller and Hills - Top 3 in recent B&F's was an even better effort.
To see the Doggies light up North Hobart and kick 9 unanswered goals in the 2nd Qtr was a pleasure to watch.

They will play some good quarters of footy this year and hopefully can string a few together and win more games. Have Clarence @ YT on Saturday and with Clarence coming off a 4 day break, no better time to play them.

Woof Woof!:)

Well it just so happens that I play reserves for South Launceston. A very young and developing team.
Great leaders up there in Hillsy and Azza Viney.
BTW the reserves team is looking very solid this year, 3-1-1.
Oh and Breadmore played a week in the reserves against Devonport kicked 7 or 8 goals i think it was.

Anybody herad of a James Walters that plays for South Launceston?

yes terrible footballer. only really making up the numbers for the 2s.

on the south boys, The seniors should bounce back from there horrble loss. was hard to watch although in a welcome site the 2s n unders had 2 massive wins, The 2s sitting second and a 97 and 100 point wins in there last 2 games who knows how far they can go.

Well after a year to forgot for the doggies, Can they bounce back.... I think they can, they need to stick with Chuggy and Max, 2 footballers who have both coached a number of flags, They must maintaine there youngers as well as hillys n viney n co... Any news on what the boys up at south are doing????

They have definitely lost Jarred Price and Nick Buller, and if the rumours are to be believed, Stephen Mayne and Michael Lette are also on the move.

There is talk that they have picked up Mitch Thorp and Rory Mansell.

Is Mitch Thorp living back in Launceston? I've seen him training at PYCSAM gym recently.

As far as i have heard he is back in Tassie anplaying for the bulldogs.

Were have all them boys going? have they picked up abyone else

Remove this Banner Ad

Back