South Launceston

Remove this Banner Ad

Rory Mansell as well. Thorpes brothers should be handy as well. Anyone know anyting about the youngest one? looks very athletic.

Even though he is a dead set ********, it's great news for the league and the dogs.

They need all the help they can get if they lost buller and viney?

Don't think they have lost Viney, but have lost Price, Lette, Mayne, Towns, Buller, etc! Don't think they will win 2 games this year, wooden spoon number 3 on the way.

Don't think they have lost Viney, but have lost Price, Lette, Mayne, Towns, Buller, etc! Don't think they will win 2 games this year, wooden spoon number 3 on the way.

what i cant understand is how a city that is represented by three clubs can be dominated by 2. its not as though the club is miles out from the city and has a poor playing surface, crappy club rooms etc. The juniors are always strong so whats been the issue at statewide level?

And before some nob tells me to worry about my end of the woods i am simply seeking answers about a club who has performed miserably over the years.

any answers for the bulldogs?

what i cant understand is how a city that is represented by three clubs can be dominated by 2. its not as though the club is miles out from the city and has a poor playing surface, crappy club rooms etc. The juniors are always strong so whats been the issue at statewide level?

And before some nob tells me to worry about my end of the woods i am simply seeking answers about a club who has performed miserably over the years.

South's a good club, it's probably the lack of supporters (no club has many supporters these days), success, money and profile's been their major problem over the stretch.
When East and City-South amalgamated they lost both sets of supporters and have never got them back unfortunately - wasn't the same anymore.
Youngtown's not a bad little ground, it's just that South's always been treated as the poor cousin to North Launceston up there.
Launceston were a genuine power in the mid-to-late 1930's but struggled for years up until their recent success in the NTFL and a solid year this year but they were in the wilderness for quite a long time as well.

The biggest mistake the TFL ever made was not admitting City-South into the comp to be North Launceston's rival in 1986 - the two most successful NTFA teams - that would've been huge.
Cornwall/East had won one flag in their 39 year history when they were admitted to the TFL and the real rivalry wasn't there.

You wonder how long until AFL Tasmania look seriously at them, given that they seem to be moving the goalposts all the time with respect to the TSL and its future makeup from some of the stuff I've been hearing of late.

I think Duff that the other 2 clubs (Launceston and Nth Bombers) just have had more of a winning culture at Statewide league level. SLFC dropped back to NTFL - (2 premierships in 2 years!) level before LFC and NLFC and they lost alot of players then, ie. Scott Stephens, Wager, Westfield, Harding, Wickham, Finch, Grima's etc. These players are all quality and have all played junior / senior football at SLFC.....why can't South maintain them???

The other 2 clubs are very aggressive in recruiting and seem to be able to coax the said players across.

Unfortunately it all comes back to winning games and players want to win. Good luck to the Doggies this year - they have nearly 14 players training in AFLTAS U18/U16 academy squads - but how many will be still at the club in 2-3 years??? You watch LFC and NLFC drain them dry!!!

Duff....i think its well said.

South have a very strong junior base. everyone knows that but its funny how players go to North and launceston. Just get offered more money i guess. if south had wager, stephens, finch, harding even players such as the grimas n such, players that have gone to others clubs but had of stayed. it wood be a big difference.

South need viney to stay but i think a few of them players who have lefted most likely didnt wanna be there so in a way a good thing but lost class but atleast they will have some kid wo wants to have a go.

Where have price n buller n go gone??? NTFA div 1/2 for money????????????

South's a good club, it's probably the lack of supporters (no club has many supporters these days), success, money and profile's been their major problem over the stretch.
When East and City-South amalgamated they lost both sets of supporters and have never got them back unfortunately - wasn't the same anymore.
Youngtown's not a bad little ground, it's just that South's always been treated as the poor cousin to North Launceston up there.
Launceston were a genuine power in the mid-to-late 1930's but struggled for years up until their recent success in the NTFL and a solid year this year but they were in the wilderness for quite a long time as well.

The biggest mistake the TFL ever made was not admitting City-South into the comp to be North Launceston's rival in 1986 - the two most successful NTFA teams - that would've been huge.
Cornwall/East had won one flag in their 39 year history when they were admitted to the TFL and the real rivalry wasn't there.

You wonder how long until AFL Tasmania look seriously at them, given that they seem to be moving the goalposts all the time with respect to the TSL and its future makeup from some of the stuff I've been hearing of late.

Kingpin your summation is spot on,as an ol redleg fan never went to and never would go to a souths game.They unfortunately will always be the 'poor cousin' in lonny.Will never understand the need for a statewide league.The one good thing was when i was in melb in 96 ,geez did i rattle some tins to save the hawks ,thank goodness.

cheers.

Where have south players gone?

Im involved in NTFA footy so i've heard some things.

Jon Lefevre- Hillwood.
Tom Reinmuth- Ringa
Harry Chapman- Ringa
Steve Mayne- Rocha
Micheal Lette- Rocha
J Waller- Rocha
Aberle'- Uni Mowbray
Price&Buller- unsure rumours about G'Town.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just shows that AFLTas money can't buy happiness!!
Seriously though, I feel sorry for Chuggy, Played a lot of good hard footy & represented the state, a sad end for him.
What does it say for the future of South in the TSL??
\

In the words of Johnny Rotten "Theres No Future" South Launceston never made the finals in SWL Ver. 1.0 why they were asked back for Version 2 is puzzling!
What a cheek by the the Souh Launnie players if this quote is true
"It is understood that Chugg was informed by the club after training on Tuesday night that he had lost the confidence of the players."

If the players had half the commitment Chuggy had as a player they be a lot more competitive as a Unit.

\

In the words of Johnny Rotten "Theres No Future" South Launceston never made the finals in SWL Ver. 1.0 why they were asked back for Version 2 is puzzling!
What a cheek by the the Souh Launnie players if this quote is true
"It is understood that Chugg was informed by the club after training on Tuesday night that he had lost the confidence of the players."

If the players had half the commitment Chuggy had as a player they be a lot more competitive as a Unit.

:thumbsu: Spot on. The South Launceston players( loosers) lost confidence in Chuggy. Don't make me sick. What a joke of a club. To Chuggy keep your head up. South Launceston you are pitifull :rolleyes:

Chuggy wouldn't committ beyond this year, so the Dogs decided to cut their losses now and start again, building for the future. Nothing to do with the players.

South really are a mystery wrapped in an enigma....

Gee Blair B. on ABC gave south an absolute spray last Friday. Words like "ordinary ground, ordinary colours, just an ordinary club really."

It was pretty funny.

Where have south players gone?

Im involved in NTFA footy so i've heard some things.

Jon Lefevre- Hillwood.
Tom Reinmuth- Ringa
Harry Chapman- Ringa
Steve Mayne- Rocha
Micheal Lette- Rocha
J Waller- Rocha
Aberle'- Uni Mowbray
Price&Buller- unsure rumours about G'Town.

Buller- Geelong
Price- Longford
Zadow/Cleaver- Rocherlea

Gee Blair B. on ABC gave south an absolute spray last Friday. Words like "ordinary ground, ordinary colours, just an ordinary club really."

It was pretty funny.

If you think thats funny Duff, its true what they say about you - Your a C**k Head!!!!

It was pretty funny.

But Blair Brownless is an oxygen thief.
His rant on ABC Radio at the end of the final Devils game back in 2008 confirmed it for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back