Southern FL - 2011/12

what happened at D.Ferry? the names in the 2's bests? surely half of those guys would have been better to have in the senior side? "donohue, coombe, kennedy" all played ones last year at stages and i saw pepper was also named in the reserves. whats happening down there?

what happened at D.Ferry? the names in the 2's bests? surely half of those guys would have been better to have in the senior side? "donohue, coombe, kennedy" all played ones last year at stages and i saw pepper was also named in the reserves. whats happening down there?

They had a fair few blokes in the magoos on w/e that played some seniors last year; Pepper, Kennedy, Taylor-Evans, Coombe, J.Wiggins & Donoghue. Pepper and Wiggins are definitely in the best 22 at Senior level and Donoghue is a very good defender in my opinion. I believe those 3 didn't play ones on the weekend due to lack of pre-season which is fair enough. Other clubs would have players in the same boat (Lindisfarne had some good players in their ressies). Would be surprised if they were not playing against Norfolk this week.

Thought M.Allison played really well for Lindisfarne. Not sure why he left North Hobart.

Reckon East Coast will surprise some people this year. They've got some quality kids coming through. It'd be good to see them win 6+ games this season

Claremont v Cygnet
Central Hawks v East Coast Bombers
Brighton v Huonville
Dodges v Lindisfarne
Kingston vs New Norfolk

They had a fair few blokes in the magoos on w/e that played some seniors last year; Pepper, Kennedy, Taylor-Evans, Coombe, J.Wiggins & Donoghue. Pepper and Wiggins are definitely in the best 22 at Senior level and Donoghue is a very good defender in my opinion. I believe those 3 didn't play ones on the weekend due to lack of pre-season which is fair enough. Other clubs would have players in the same boat (Lindisfarne had some good players in their ressies). Would be surprised if they were not playing against Norfolk this week.

Thought M.Allison played really well for Lindisfarne. Not sure why he left North Hobart.

okay yeah donohue is a higly rated opponent in my books, and pepper was a killer last year, pre season must be the problem down there. though s. miller kicked 2 is he a senior player? or is it just because of the family influence at the club? a few older possible committee members down there have apparently suggested kennedy instead of miller as a small forward? your thoughts? taylor-evans also went well i noticed last year in the reserves, noticed his name a fair bit, his senior chances?

Tipping coin would be one reason. How old is he, 18-19?

Yeah he'd be around that age. He's played seniors at North Hobart for two years though, so you'd think they would have had him on something decent. Great pick up for Lindisfarne whatever what you look at it though:thumbsu: They'll have a good season

okay yeah donohue is a higly rated opponent in my books, and pepper was a killer last year, pre season must be the problem down there. though s. miller kicked 2 is he a senior player? or is it just because of the family influence at the club? a few older possible committee members down there have apparently suggested kennedy instead of miller as a small forward? your thoughts? taylor-evans also went well i noticed last year in the reserves, noticed his name a fair bit, his senior chances?

You'd be better off asking someone involved with the club, shaunj. Not sure committee members would have any say in player selection, surely?

Yeah he'd be around that age. He's played seniors at North Hobart for two years though, so you'd think they would have had him on something decent. Great pick up for Lindisfarne whatever what you look at it though:thumbsu: They'll have a good season

You'd be better off asking someone involved with the club, shaunj. Not sure committee members would have any say in player selection, surely?

okay buddy, you just seem pretty involved with the club yourself thats why i asked, not too sure about the committee members, just a rumour going around the worksites possibly! but im sure the committee members, ie preseident and treasurer would be able to state their preferences, especially when it comes to the coaches son and the possibility of the selection being a moral choice from a father.

okay buddy, you just seem pretty involved with the club yourself thats why i asked, not too sure about the committee members, just a rumour going around the worksites possibly! but im sure the committee members, ie preseident and treasurer would be able to state their preferences, especially when it comes to the coaches son and the possibility of the selection being a moral choice from a father.

No worries mate. I'm not involved with the club anymore but I can tell you that the committee probably has two or three people on it with a clue about football. There would also be 2 users on this website that could definitely answer your questions about selection but they would be busy preparing for New Norfolk this weekend I'd suspect.;) That's all I'll say

Barge, did you have a look at Claremont on the weekend? if so, did it look like they have improved much from last year? cheers

Re: Kingborough v New Norfolk video clip

Last Saturday nights game from Twin Ovals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0OvmcoKLFo

Great stuff Duff what a Screamer from #22 of New Norfolk pity he did not cap it off with a goal. Gee they need a bit of supporter infrastructure at "Scott Wade Park's", still I suppose that will come in the next few years the scoreboard at the end LOL.

Great stuff Duff what a Screamer from #22 of New Norfolk pity he did not cap it off with a goal. Gee they need a bit of supporter infrastructure at "Scott Wade Park's", still I suppose that will come in the next few years the scoreboard at the end LOL.

That was Micheal Thompson, best mark in the competition, but not the straightest kick. Remember the ground is only a year old, does need some seating but that will come, as for the scoreboard there was problems with electronic scoreboard and they used an old one, but that will be fixed by next game.

Thanks "The Gospel" so there were around 2 000 there on the night that is fantastic support, what is parking like for that size crowd around the venue?

Do you know are there plans for a grandstand in the near future? stage 2 developments certainly is a Huge plus for Footy in The area compared to the Old Mud Heap

Barge, did you have a look at Claremont on the weekend? if so, did it look like they have improved much from last year? cheers

yeah went and had a look, 50 point margin probably doesn't tell the story of how close it was for the majority of the day, Claremont would get a couple of goals up and Cygnet would most of the time manage to plug one or two back, until the flood gates opened in the last. Cygnet fielded quite a young side by the look of things, which has been the case with them for a few years now.

Quite a lot of new players in the side which is good for the club and a few to come back in as well, incl 2011 B&F winner Ashley Bennett.

Interesting to see how the boys go this week, away to a seemingly much-improved East Coast Bombers.

yeah went and had a look, 50 point margin probably doesn't tell the story of how close it was for the majority of the day, Claremont would get a couple of goals up and Cygnet would most of the time manage to plug one or two back, until the flood gates opened in the last. Cygnet fielded quite a young side by the look of things, which has been the case with them for a few years now.

Quite a lot of new players in the side which is good for the club and a few to come back in as well, incl 2011 B&F winner Ashley Bennett.

Interesting to see how the boys go this week, away to a seemingly much-improved East Coast Bombers.

How did little Lachrilly go Barge. 2nd best for Cygnet. Must have had a decent game

To be honest I forgot he was playing with them until I saw the Sunday paper. He was quite possibly one of the many Cygnet players I didn't recognise but as you say must have gone alright. It must be remembered I was very busy dealing with the considerable number of non-Collingwood supporters wishing to extend their "commiserations" after Friday night's game!

They'll get their's back don't worry!

To be honest I forgot he was playing with them until I saw the Sunday paper. He was quite possibly one of the many Cygnet players I didn't recognise but as you say must have gone alright. It must be remembered I was very busy dealing with the considerable number of non-Collingwood supporters wishing to extend their "commiserations" after Friday night's game!

They'll get their's back don't worry!

Watched some highlights, still as dirty as ever he is. knees in tackles very sly he is

sam miller is a senior player. def in the best 22!! had an up down year last year with injuries but the year before played all bar 1 game in the ones and was one of a few shinning light in th g.f loss to n.n! 4-5 goals i think:)

Huonville -V- Central Hawks 45
East Coast Bombers-V- Claremont1 5
New Norfolk-V- Dodges Ferry 21
Lindisfarne-V- Brighton 35
Sorell-V- Kingborough 185

HUONVILLE v central 87 points
EAST COAST v Claremont 11 points
NEW NORFOLK v dodges 29 points
LINDISFARNE v Brighton 42 points
KINGSTON v sorell 136 points

HUONVILLE v central 87 points
EAST COAST v Claremont 11 points
NEW NORFOLK v dodges 29 points
LINDISFARNE v Brighton 42 points
KINGSTON v sorell 136 points

Huonville 32 pts
Claremont 24 pts
New Norfolk 41 pts
Lindisfarne 13 pts
Kingborough 97 pts

poor Sorell, havent played a match this season, while Kingborough have played 2, surely that carnt be good.

Back