dirty2

F*** the southern power
Nov 6, 2016
Bar Rossa
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal
Anyone played southern poker league? They have a tournament in Adelaide in August (ambush in Adelaide)

Gonna have to go down and see how I go.

Yeah played it often until medical issues - got a teams trophy and FT a few times - nicely run - but beware there seems to be an upcoming issue that might see a glut of tournaments - both external with APL clashes and internal

Getting back into it and see Bad Beat thread for latest

Never heard of it TBH.

How does it compare with APL?

The APL weekly pub poker tournaments are basically bingo tournaments after the first hour or so, but the APL bigger and longer tournaments are quite well done.
Its still a turbo - 15 minutes - so a form of bingo happens still.

Southern Poker started in Barmera and brought a few tournaments to Adelaide and surrounds about 4 years ago. They now have a few venues in Adelaide and will run a tournament 7-11 August at the Jetty Hotel Glenelg

My first few years of pub poker was APL and we all heard about this tournament in Tanunda and decided to make a boys weekend. Helped the beer money when 2 of us combined for the team event

They then went to Victor Harbor, Berri , back to Tanunda and Hahndorf has held their attention 4 times . Our little group has made some nice cash without really dominating and we are fairly happy with that outcome - our 2nd trophy came at Februarys Hahndorf event

Of course we would like to win more but with the likes of Jerry Zhang, Shane Baxter, Amin and Chris Skinner (sponsor) it makes it hard but its a great learning experience - and yes most of those also play APL

For those with ready funds the above Jetty bar tournament in Glenelg is actually from 7 Aug to 13 Aug

Given the current trajectory I expect the next major one to be November ( but could be late October)

AMBUSH-II-SCHEDULE-PAGE-1-FINAL-V1-X-780x1024.jpg

AMBUSH-II-SCHEDULE-PAGE-2-FINAL-V1-X-780x1024.jpg

Nice start for our home game group

Guy who played the previous Monday and came back from half a BB to win the night - had a bad Sunday in a cash game - ended up winning the opening event at the Jetty Bar Ambush for $2500

With our group having 2 on the FT it was a very good start which we hope to continue

Nice start for our home game group

Guy who played the previous Monday and came back from half a BB to win the night - had a bad Sunday in a cash game - ended up winning the opening event at the Jetty Bar Ambush for $2500

With our group having 2 on the FT it was a very good start which we hope to continue
Nice work!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blergh : Card dead - beast hand was AK (twice) best pocket pair was 22

I made a rookie mistake and cost us 30k when we had 90k - then sat down to 40k with blinds 2500/5k - threw 1 blind level away and in the next BB I have AK - another shortish stack shoves and I shove my 38k and he has A8 - flops the 8 and holds

You playing this time?
Na, can only afford a trip over for it once or twice a year. Might get over for the next

How'd you finish in the tag?

Na, can only afford a trip over for it once or twice a year. Might get over for the next

How'd you finish in the tag?
GreyCrow is in the tag I believe.. I'm in main event... I start tomorrow as a small stack... But while I have a chip in front of me there's hope...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back