dirty2

F*** the southern power
Nov 6, 2016
Bar Rossa
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal
One way to get better besides playing is studying the game.

Wondering what/who you guys/girls watch read to help improve your game.

My self I watch Johnathan little, Nathan Williams and of course Daniel negreanu + who ever else pops up on my YouTube feed about poker.

Spend quite alot of time watching and trying to learn just to be as good as I can be. (I do fantasize about playing in a WSOP main event) lol but don't we all.

I hate those that get too into GTO. Just find it so dry and boring, turning what was a fun game of probability, skill and psychology into a game of optimal play and statistical.

Much prefer those that focus on the fundamentals and psychological skill, betting patterns, card ranges, etc.

As soon as they start talking about 12% of the time you need to be doing this in 40% of these situations and blah blah blah I tune out. My brain is not a calculator.

It's also a bit old school and some of the content gets dated, but I do enjoy poker books. Each book might only have a few nuggets to implement into your game.

Basically winning poker in the long term requires long term play to beat variance. When you're playing adhoc or once off, you're always prone to the lottery bad beats even if you're the most skilled player at the table/online. You can also luck out with big wins over far more skilled players.
Over the long term however if you're better than your opponents, variance should even out and you should end up profitable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back